Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
    Do we have any realistic chance of hiring a top coach with the current sanctions, non-payment of salaries, lack of friendlies and incompetency in the IFF management ?
    Add the fact that we have a supreme leader who is banning vaccines, which high profile coach would risk their lives to sign with us ?
    Is Skocic capable of taking us to the next round ? probably not, but, unfortunately as the old saying goes, beggars can't be choosers.
    In that case no one here including yourself should get angry or disappointed when we fail yet again to pass the group stage at the WC. Which is likely to happen unless we have a world class coach who is a master tactician on our side.

Comment

A the WC stage, CQ showed he was able to put a strategy to annilihate World class team (portugal, Morocco, Spain, Argentina). it remains to be seen with Skocic (I consider the bosnia we played last year as their B team with a lot of consecutive loss at that time). If Skocic don't boycott our best legionnaires, don't fill the squad with every PP/IPL random players, he will have much better players at his disposal than CQ to put an upset in WC. Also, we could also end in a better group than the Portugal/spain/Morocco of last time.

For Asian qualifiers, he proved he can do the job. He knows our country and our football, is gaining experience with AFC mess, don't create unneccesary resignation threats or drama over unpaid wage. We can't start everything from scratch with WCQ starting in 2-3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
        Not gonna happen lol. Who would want to become a coach of a team that fires their coach when he won 4 WCQs in a row in 2 weeks, with no prep in horrible conditions?
        Ghalenoei.
        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Sorry but i don't remember that we played better with CQ.

Dragan had no preparation and very hard conditions. Now he did the job and he deserves to go on. He needs time and all help he can get.

I dont understand why some people also talk about his CV, a CV is nothing. If you go after CV, CQ would have to be Barcelonas coach now.

Comment

I wonder if CQ would give an interview to PFDC?
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I don't understand this thread, CQ is the past and we should live in the present. He has done fantastic things for us and evolved this team. Now it's time to move on and give credit to Skocic, who really is delivering so far. I also don't get the CQ and Skocic comparisons: the former is from another league and the latter is a relatively unexperienced manager who has been doing well so far. It would be also unfair and ungrateful if CQ steps in while Skocic did the dirty work in the previous round.

Comment

Maybe skocic is even better than cq, as i said cv is nothing

Best example is jürgen klopp, who was he some years ago ? He managed mainz, a middle class team, after that dortmund and now liverpool ...... results count not a cv or name.

Can skocic do better than cq if he gets a 8 yesr contract ? Think this way one, i say the chance is very high

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                  Ghalenoei.
                  Agha ma gonah darim Ghalenoei chera? Roozhaye bekesh ziresh ro vel konim digeh.

Theres no reason to compare CQ to Skocic and vice versa. CQ polished our team to what it was, a defensively brutal team the greatest teams on Earth could not breach without some luck. Our players were different, obviously an Azmoun/Taremi now compared to 2018 might have yielded different results.

We dont know what Skocics final product is yet and thats ok.

The ideal situation would have been that we had some coaches in Iran learn and incorporate CQs defensive/organizational tactics to teach future generations and create a staple od our football. Unfortunatately so many people in IFF and those with agendas wanted the guy out, all that intel is lost forever probably. The only remnant is the professionalism some of our players from that time have.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                    In that case no one here including yourself should get angry or disappointed when we fail yet again to pass the group stage at the WC. Which is likely to happen unless we have a world class coach who is a master tactician on our side.
                    Well, do you have a world class coach in mind ? If yes, what are their names ? How much in salary do you think he’ll ask for ? Is he willing to live in Iran ?
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                      CQ was great and wonderfull for Iran and we all have appreciated him as well as IFF and rest of Iran.
                      He also got paid for it hansomely.
                      but he could never beat Bahrain away and Iraq.
                      He also lost to Japan 3-0 in the AC.
                      He had his time and chances with Iran for 7 years.
                      enough is enough , we don't need to praise him any more.
                      we really need to appreciate the job Skocic has done for TM.
                      Iran last to Japan at what stage again?

I will appreciate SKocic if he ends up brining better results than CQ, and one cannot blame CQ for players who lose their focus and run to referee while the ball is live just to complain.....
                      I have nothing against the new coach, I don't know enough about it him to comment but I think some have easily forgotten CQ and his service to our TM.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                        Well, do you have a world class coach in mind ? If yes, what are their names ? How much in salary do you think he’ll ask for ? Is he willing to live in Iran ?
                        If not skocic
                        There are 2 other options.
                        1.bronko
                        2. Outside chance cq

Beside these 2 there is no one else.
                        Bronko has a better chance and HE MIGHT EVEN HAVE A CONTRACT ALREADY DRAFTED WITH IFF ,
                        Cq comes down to
                        WAS AZIZI KHADEM one of thise guys who was anti cq or pro cq as i dont remember.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                          If not skocic
                          There are 2 other options.
                          1.bronko
                          2. Outside chance cq

Beside these 2 there is no one else.
                          Bronko has a better chance and HE MIGHT EVEN HAVE A CONTRACT ALREADY DRAFTED WITH IFF ,
                          Cq comes down to
                          WAS AZIZI KHADEM one of thise guys who was anti cq or pro cq as i dont remember.
                          Branko is with Oman and he's doing well. We don't need him in TM and he probably isn't interested right now either.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Branko is with Oman and he's doing well. We don't need him in TM and he probably isn't interested right now either.
                            Dont be surprise if there is a coaching change bronko is the new coach.

Also add caldron to the list as
                            Here is my short list

1.skocic
                            2.yahya
                            3.bronko
                            4.caldron
                            5.cq

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                              The only thing to consider is if Skokic goes, it's not just him. The whole technical staff is likely gone, especially the coaches he brought in. They're out of jobs. I don't think it's fair
                              I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Bagheri and hashemian could easily be retained

I also don’t think branko is an option when you already have skocic lol. All these croat coaches (branko, skocic, dalic) are all basically a similar level. Dalic went to a wc final but before that his biggest achievements were coaching al hilal and al ain. They all play a similar style and have some similar characteristics, so would be dumb to throw away the cheapest, least hashieh, currently successful one for another that would bring more drama and in best case scenario similar level of coaching.

In short, if we are to actually replace skocic, the guy probably needs to be somebody around CQ level (I don’t see IFF going for a younger club coach that would probably require too much research and be a gamble in itself) and the only person around CQ level that would accept iran job is CQ himself

Comment

lets not forget ... Hashemian is probably playing a great role too ...

Comment

Working...
                                X