Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In hiring foreign coaches, corrupt officials make a lot of money.
    No to CQ.

Sokcic is not a great coach. We have a great team. No MORE trying foreign incompetent coaches who write the contracts to their advantage so that IFF stupid people cannot understand the terms and we end up losing.
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

If anyone deserve to be team melli coach is Yahya! I've been saying yahya is a great coach for past 7 years or so. Now he is ready to be Team melli's coach. I've been supporting skocic from day one, even when people here turned against him but I feel like he is not in charge of team melli and its time for yahya to take over.

Btw did you guys hear karim bagheri telling players what to do? I don't think skocic was the main man in coaching team melli, there were like 4-5 guys coaching team melli with him. Karim bagheri, vahid hashemian , IFF etc..

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        If anyone deserve to be team melli coach is Yahya! I've been saying yahya is a great coach for past 7 years or so. Now he is ready to be Team melli's coach. I've been supporting skocic from day one, even when people here turned against him but I feel like he is not in charge of team melli and its time for yahya to take over.

Btw did you guys hear karim bagheri telling players what to do? I don't think skocic was the main man in coaching team melli, there were like 4-5 guys coaching team melli with him. Karim bagheri, vahid hashemian , IFF etc..
        Yahya will not leave persepolise
        And i agree with you IF IRANIAN COACH only yahya and yahya over skocic as well.
        But yahya is in agreat situation with persepolise
        And the fans love him and he has learned how to get results under any circumstances with pp he will pp coach the next 2 years since we want 6 titles in the row .after he wins the 6th one then we be 6 month away from asian cup 2023 remeber this wc is in nov 2022 and asian cup is june of 2023 so its possible base on our wc performance
        If we go and its not satisfing with skocic then we can give the key to yahya and he will have 6 month to prep the team ready for ac 2023.
        And if we fail to advance to the wc then perspolise will be ina 6th title run yahya will not go in that case i see amir galenoie take us to 2023 ac.

Yahya is the best iranian coach and he dont put up with players like hajsooti b errr ing force to him so he can break the all time tm cap.
        He is iranian cq

Comment

We have already qualified to the WC 5 times. So our ultimate goal should be, to not only qualify, but to go to the next round . Keep in mind that all the big Asian teams including KSA have advanced to the next round at the WC.

We still have not.

So the big question is, Is Skocic capable of doing that ??

Comment

when we find a coach who is spoken about in the world of football like this by two greats like Evra and Roy keane (OK him and keane had a bit of tension towards the end of his second spell but he lauds him tactically) then please let me know.

The guy was our only connection besides a few legionairres to truly higher echelon of football.

Comment

The only thing to consider is if Skokic goes, it's not just him. The whole technical staff is likely gone, especially the coaches he brought in. They're out of jobs. I don't think it's fair

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                CQ was great and wonderfull for Iran and we all have appreciated him as well as IFF and rest of Iran.
                He also got paid for it hansomely.
                but he could never beat Bahrain away and Iraq.
                He also lost to Japan 3-0 in the AC.
                He had his time and chances with Iran for 7 years.
                enough is enough , we don't need to praise him any more.
                we really need to appreciate the job Skocic has done for TM.
                Very well said. Skocic has a respectable demeanor and I hope we treat him well.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                  We have already qualified to the WC 5 times. So our ultimate goal should be, to not only qualify, but to go to the next round . Keep in mind that all the big Asian teams including KSA have advanced to the next round at the WC.

We still have not.

So the big question is, Is Skocic capable of doing that ??
                  Do we have any realistic chance of hiring a top coach with the current sanctions, non-payment of salaries, lack of friendlies and incompetency in the IFF management ?
                  Add the fact that we have a supreme leader who is banning vaccines, which high profile coach would risk their lives to sign with us ?

Is Skocic capable of taking us to the next round ? probably not, but, unfortunately as the old saying goes, beggars can't be choosers.
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                    sorry to burst your bubble... but its not happening...
                    THIS and more ; Skocic just won 4 out of 4, Bahrain in Manama included, Iraq (hadn't lost in 19 matches, 4 games against us not losing) in Manama heat, it would be Arab level of amateurism to kick his ass out at this very point. totalyy unreasonable.

Furthermore; for those like ramingeles who follow TM for such a long time, you know very well that IFF is not competent to bring another CQ to Iran, let alone AGAIN King Q for TM.

I-T-S N-O-T G-O-N-N-A H-A-P-P-EN

So before our Online mob gang goes around and creates hasiye ; you can hurt TM more than you think. IFF is only able to replace Skocic with a hamvatan coach and that NO IMPROVEMENT WHATSOEVER.
                    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

It is really unbelievable how some people here in the forum think they know how to arrange our team without being close to the team and have a clue about the tactics of our opponent.
                      As mentioned before he took over with the absolute worst conditions to qualify for the next round and we honestly didn't have to really be nervous in any of these 4 games.
                      When was the last time we dominated Iraq and Bahrain in an away do or die match???
                      Ofcourse there is room for improvement but just because he doesn't have a name like CQ (That I love dearly BTW) you shouldn't judge him.
                      What he did was an amazing effort in my opinion considering what kind of mess we were in with all obstacles that AFC and Bahrain threw at us.
                      Some people here should just be more respectful to someone who took us out of this mess for now and yes I think he totally deserves a chance to continue to be the coach of our beloved team melli for now.

Comment

Let me get this straight: Skocic and his TM cadre have had 4 competitive matches with practically no preparation and they have,

1 - A 100% record with 4W, 0D, 0L, 17GF, 1GA, 16+GD!

2 - Scored the most goals EVER against Hong Kong (tied with the 3 we scored against them way back in 1977)!

3 - Given us our first EVER victory against Bahrain in Bahrain!

4 - Given us our first victory against Iraq in a competitive match after more than a decade!

But to show our appreciation, let's sack them all?! The word ungrateful comes to mind!

Look, I'm not saying that our last 4 matches have been great, pretty or at times even decent but we've got the results we needed under a lot of pressure and EXTREMELY difficult circumstances.

And I really don't want to get into a subjective back and forth about CQ vs. Skocic but objectively, you should go back and look at CQ's results in his first 4 matches in charge of TM or his competitive record against Iraq or away record against Bahrain.

All I'm saying is that you can't compare CQ after 7 years with the team with Skocic after only 4 matches especially when 3 of those have been historical wins.

And I'm not saying Skocic is a GREAT coach or that he'll get us to the WC but at least wait for the guy to screw up a couple of matches before you ask for his head on a stick!

Comment

Skocic has accepted to get paid in Iranian currency, he stays in Iran (lives their even?) , knows our country, culture and even the invaders (I.R.) who rule our country. He is highly motivated to show what he's worth and besides some questionable starting line up choices and callups, been quite decent.

There is just no rational reason beside "he is a no name" to sack him ATM.

Man, he even won us a decen friendly against Bosnia who beat our asses in Brasil.

IF Skocic ruins the first 2-3 games in the next & final round of WCQ, lets talk again.
                          In the meanwhile, be content Wiltits is gone (with millions of dollars) and we dodge the hamvatan bullit once more (No, not 1 single hamvatan coach ATM is good enough to lead TM).

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                            Skocic has accepted to get paid in Iranian currency, he stays in Iran (lives their even?) , knows our country, culture and even the invaders (I.R.) who rule our country. He is highly motivated to show what he's worth and besides some questionable starting line up choices and callups, been quite decent.

There is just no rational reason beside "he is a no name" to sack him ATM.

Man, he even won us a decen friendly against Bosnia who beat our asses in Brasil.

IF Skocic ruins the first 2-3 games in the next & final round of WCQ, lets talk again.
                            In the meanwhile, be content Wiltits is gone (with millions of dollars) and we dodge the hamvatan bullit once more (No, not 1 single hamvatan coach ATM is good enough to lead TM).
                            The bolded part is what it is wrong with this type of thinking. The whole point of planning is to avoid fucking up before you change course, that is to change course before, I repeat, before you actually fuck up. Dragan deserves gratitude and respect for what he has done, but his coaching is not up to par. That's the bitter truth. We will pay a price if we go into the next round with him. Don't just look at the results, look at how TM played.

Three things his team lacks: 1) organized pressing, 2) keeping the right distance between attack, midfield, and defense, 3) covering space in defensive mode (there were huge gaps and holes in the game against Iraq every time Iraq attacked). Against more capable opponents, which we will face in the next round, these deficiencies will cost us dearly.

Comment

CQ did great things, just the fact that he hasn’t been able to find a team after being sacked by Colombia where he had everything he needed and couldn’t succeed should be a clear indication that the type of football he plays is outdated. So no thank you. If we were to replace the current coach after a few tough friendlies. No matter what we say this guy got two wins that till a few weeks ago no would have thought Is possible. So clearly he has some ideas, also take into account the conditions at which this team was brought together. In a situation made by AFC to make sure this teams fail he succeeded. This reminds me of what we did with viera after beating Australia.
                              United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                                The bolded part is what it is wrong with this type of thinking. The whole point of planning is to avoid fucking up before you change course, that is to change course before, I repeat, before you actually fuck up. Dragan deserves gratitude and respect for what he has done, but his coaching is not up to par. That's the bitter truth. We will pay a price if we go into the next round with him. Don't just look at the results, look at how TM played.

Three things his team lacks: 1) organized pressing, 2) keeping the right distance between attack, midfield, and defense, 3) covering space in defensive mode (there were huge gaps and holes in the game against Iraq every time Iraq attacked). Against more capable opponents, which we will face in the next round, these deficiencies will cost us dearly.
                                There is absolutely nothing wrong with the sentence that you quote in bold.
                                It was meant to be a "what if" situation and yes, assumptions are killing.

You can therefore not predetermine on that assumption that the coach who wins 7 matches, of which 2 very important ones (Iraq, Bahrain), has to leave (because otherwise we will ruin the last qualifying round, based on what, air?).

Comment

Working...
                                X