Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Thank you Dragan Skocic for "righting the ship" and extinguishing the dumpster fire sparked by that greedy, incompetent, fatass Belgian-waffle eating charlatan, Wilmots. We're forever grateful that you wiped the arsonist's handiwork from the pages of TM history.
    But as a fanbase, we can't ignore the obvious: Skocic is not a coach we can rely on to qualify us from the next, MUCH more difficult round of qualifying. And he's 100% not the coach who's going to qualify us to the second round in Qatar, where (a) every game will be like a home game because of Qatar's proximity to Iran (b) we'll have one of our best and most experienced generations ever, with several players having 2 or 3 world cups under their belt. This has the potential to be a HUGE world cup for Iran. Our best chance ever to go to the 2nd round.

We're seeing some poor trends:
    -Players giving stupid, childish interviews during critical camps. Players and staff had clear media restrictions during the CQ era, and for good reason. Now we have Ghaedi talking about how we'll smash them 3-0 and Azmoun participating in comedy interviews.
    -Players feeling like they can share their private thoughts with their buddies in the press. Tons of rumors leaked that Ghoddos and others were unhappy with the starting lineup. CQ didn't let this indiscipline go on, and if it did, he'd squash it quickly (see Rahmati, Aghili).
    -Tactical tightness & defensive gaps and holes; game by game, the CQ's authoritarian shadow fades, and with it, so does our tactical, 90-minute discipline. You saw it at the end of today's game.

I know these are funny examples, but what we can all agree on is that the discipline is coming apart before our eyes - both psychological and tactical discipline. It'll only get worse.

CQ is out of a job and is the architect of our current team. The players all still love and respect him. He's only been gone 1.5 years (which is nothing, especially considering the pause in play because of COVID). He'd probably take the job - after all, he gets to avoid the grueling crappy first few rounds of asian competition and jumps straight into the challenge of having to win 6-7 games in the final round to play in his 6th world cup, and 3rd in a row with Iran. It would cement his legacy.
    I'm not saying CQ is perfect. What I'm saying is that he's the best "realistic" option we have. If I'm the federation, I'm doing everything I can to get him. Of course, the smelly reeshoo corrupt bastards in IFF probably prefer someone they can control like Skocic (vs someone who constantly calls them out and embarrasses them to further TM's interests).

Let's make this happen, PFDC...we've done it before, let's get on twitter and engage the Iranian internet mafia to bring this dream to reality.

GO TM!

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
    Thank you Dragan Skocic for "righting the ship" and extinguishing the dumpster fire sparked by that greedy, incompetent, fatass Belgian-waffle eating charlatan, Wilmots. We're forever grateful that you wiped the arsonist's handiwork from the pages of TM history.

But as a fanbase, we can't ignore the obvious: Skocic is not a coach we can rely on to qualify us from the next, MUCH more difficult round of qualifying. And he's 100% not the coach who's going to qualify us to the second round in Qatar, where (a) every game will be like a home game because of Qatar's proximity to Iran (b) we'll have one of our best and most experienced generations ever, with several players having 2 or 3 world cups under their belt.

-Players giving stupid, childish interviews during critical camps. Players and staff had clear media restrictions during the CQ era, and for good reason. Now we have Ghaedi talking about how we'll smash them 3-0 and Azmoun participating in comedy interviews.

-Players feeling like they can share their private thoughts with their buddies in the press. Tons of rumors leaked that Ghoddos and others were unhappy with the starting lineup. CQ didn't let this indiscipline go on, and if it did, he'd squash it quickly (see Rahmati, Aghili).

-Tactical tightness & defensive gaps and holes; game by game, the CQ's authoritarian shadow fades, and with it, so does our tactical, 90-minute discipline. You saw it at the end of today's game.

The discipline is coming apart before our eyes - both psychological and tactical discipline. It'll only get worse.

CQ is out of a job and is the architect of our current team. The players all still love and respect him. He's only been gone 1.5 years (which is nothing, especially considering the pause in play because of COVID). He'd probably take the job - after all, he gets to avoid the grueling crappy first few rounds of asian competition and jumps straight into the challenge of having to win 6-7 games in the final round to play in his 6th world cup, and 3rd in a row with Iran. It would cement his legacy.

I'm not saying CQ is perfect. What I'm saying is that he's the best "realistic" option we have. If I'm the federation, I'm doing everything I can to get him. Of course, the smelly reeshoo corrupt bastards in IFF probably prefer someone they can control like Skocic (vs someone who constantly calls them out and embarrasses them to further TM's interests).

Let's make this happen, PFDC...we've done it before, let's get on twitter and engage the Iranian internet mafia to bring this dream to reality.

GO TM!
    sorry to burst your bubble... but its not happening...

Comment

Not gonna happen lol. Who would want to become a coach of a team that fires their coach when he won 4 WCQs in a row in 2 weeks, with no prep in horrible conditions?
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Thread closed.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Great post but it seems as though the ship has sailed in terms of getting rid of Skocic currently. He's beaten some crap sides in the sun and all of a sudden he deserves the chance. People will wake up after the first 2 games in September or the 3rd and 4th in October. Unfortunately, even if Dragan doesn't completely destroy our hopes by the time he's fired, I really doubt CQ can be arsed with IFF's kesafat baazi.

Comment

But as a fanbase, we can't ignore the obvious: Skocic is not a coach we can rely on to qualify us from the next, MUCH more difficult round of qualifying. And he's 100% not the coach who's going to qualify us to the second round in Qatar, where (a) every game will be like a home game because of Qatar's proximity to Iran (b) we'll have one of our best and most experienced generations ever, with several players having 2 or 3 world cups under their belt. This has the potential to be a HUGE world cup for Iran. Our best chance ever to go to the 2nd round.

I know these are funny examples, but what we can all agree on is that the discipline is coming apart before our eyes - both psychological and tactical discipline. It'll only get worse.

GO TM!
            And you know
            Carlos q.
            Will take the job if he was offered
            Its win win situation for
            Iran and cq.
            We both get to go to the wc for record #s.

Even skocic will agree if he is being replace by cq
            Skocic has alot of class and nice guy.

Comment

No. There's something called loyalty when someone gets results under terrible conditions. 4/4 WCQ and 7-0-0. There's no reason he should go and I love CQ

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                No. There's something called loyalty when someone gets results under terrible conditions. 4/4 WCQ and 7-0-0. There's no reason he should go and I love CQ
                Although I side with Ramin jaan's sentiments on this matter, however you too have a valid point. I always have applied loyalty in all aspects on my life, be it personal or business. A rational decision would be to thank and appreciate Mr. Skocic and give him a good bonus on top of his agreed salary, part ways and offer CQ and hire him back in which under no circumstances will it happen with the current financial turmoil of the country and the IR in charge. However the emotional decision would be to keep Skocic in and give him more chances (However this may come with a heavy price, as our next testing measures would be the WCQ final round where no team can afford a tiny misstep and mistake)

Having said all of the above, I desperately and against all odds look forward to see CQ being offered to take helm of his own team AKA TM. I know deep inside he loves TM almost as much as he loves his own country's national team "Portugal"

Comment

You bring up some serious points with good reasoning Keano jan

It's true CQ is the better coach with a world class resume. I also know we took a risk with Skokic, though it ended up paying off in the end

I don't think some members realize how bad the cards were stacked against us:

No preparation (other than a little Kish camp), no friendlies, immense pressure on the team, a very hostile environment, two Arab teams that have historically given us a very hard time

The results speak for themselves - a win for the first time against Bahrain on their soil - and a win for the first time in 10 years against Iraq. Even CQ couldn't beat Iraq in multiple meetings. (0-0 in the Asian Cup w/ a solid Iran squad)

I just don't think it's appropriate to let the coach go unless there's solid grounds for it

It's also really bad optics to the rest of the world when a coach goes 4/4 in WCQ with an unbeaten overall record and he's fired. Makes it seem like the technical staff isn't appreciated for their work and sacrifice and is a red flag for future candidates would consider coming to Iran

This is along with the loyalty aspect of respecting Skokic's dedication and commitment to Iran and its people. His instagram shows he spent a lot of time in the country building relationships, working hard on opposition research, and learning about Iran and its culture

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                  Although I side with Ramin jaan's sentiments on this matter, however you too have a valid point. I always have applied loyalty in all aspects on my life, be it personal or business. A rational decision would be to thank and appreciate Mr. Skocic and give him a good bonus on top of his agreed salary, part ways and offer CQ and hire him back in which under no circumstances will it happen with the current financial turmoil of the country and the IR in charge. However the emotional decision would be to keep Skocic in and give him more chances (However this may come with a heavy price, as our next testing measures would be the WCQ final round where no team can afford a tiny misstep and mistake)

Having said all of the above, I desperately and against all odds look forward to see CQ being offered to take helm of his own team AKA TM. I know deep inside he loves TM almost as much as he loves his own country's national team "Portugal"

Comment

It's true CQ is the better coach with a world class resume. I also know we took a risk with Skokic, though it ended up paying off in the end

No preparation (other than a little Kish camp), no friendlies, immense pressure on the team, a very hostile environment, two Arab teams that have historically given us a very hard time

The results speak for themselves - a win for the first time against Bahrain on their soil - and a win for the first time in 10 years against Iraq. Even CQ couldn't beat Iraq in multiple meetings. (0-0 in the Asian Cup w/ a solid Iran squad)

I just don't think it's appropriate to let the coach go unless there's solid grounds for it

It's also really bad optics to the rest of the world when a coach goes 4/4 in WCQ with an unbeaten overall record and he's fired. Makes it seem like the technical staff isn't appreciated for their work and sacrifice and is a red flag for future candidates would consider coming to Iran

This is along with the loyalty aspect of respecting Skokic's dedication and commitment to Iran and its people. His instagram shows he spent a lot of time in the country building relationships, working hard on opposition research, and learning about Iran and its culture
                    i understand all this but answer this question: who gives us a better chance at qualifying, and at success in the world cup? is loyalty to skocic more important than TM hiring the only world class coach we could possibly get?

yes, it wasn't easy winning these 4 games but they were all games against weak sides that we were supposed to win. skocic still has a lot to prove.

Comment

Damet garm. Cannot argue any of the key points you just highlighted. It's an awkwardly odd dilemma for me to say the least. I guess we will have to wait and see how it all plays out. As a diehard fan of our TM I want the absolute best for our team. I always loved and admired CQ, at the same time thus far I have seen nothing but class act and dignity, along with 7 back-to-back wins from Skocic.

Comment

I think sometimes you take a risk - so far it hasn't cost us with Dragan. And sometimes you can strike gold. I like the team morale that Skokic has put us and the numbers don't lie. Give him more opportunities with time and friendlies to clean up things, particularly defensively.

I'm confident the state he has TM with future home games (when he had none) in qualifying can get us to the WC and top a group

i understand all this but answer this question: who gives us a better chance at qualifying, and at success in the world cup? is loyalty to skocic more important than TM hiring the only world class coach we could possibly get?

yes, it wasn't easy winning these 4 games but they were all games against weak sides that we were supposed to win. skocic still has a lot to prove.

Comment

CQ was great and wonderfull for Iran and we all have appreciated him as well as IFF and rest of Iran.
                          He also got paid for it hansomely.
                          but he could never beat Bahrain away and Iraq.
                          He also lost to Japan 3-0 in the AC.
                          He had his time and chances with Iran for 7 years.
                          enough is enough , we don't need to praise him any more.
                          we really need to appreciate the job Skocic has done for TM.

Comment

Is Skocic going to coach as at the World Cup against the likes of Spain, Portugal, Argentina if we qualify? He would be so out of his league! He’d be more nervous than the players. Loyalty is one thing but we can be loyal and keep him as an assistant. There are 32 teams in the World Cup. We should have one of the 32 best managers. Skocic is probably outside the top 500 or more

Comment

The talent level on the current TM is high above CQ's tenure (especially the first WC). I think CQ would go far with this team, and venture to bet he may have even evolved out of a defensive mentality with the quality strikers we have. I guess we have to wait and see what happens. Lose the next few games and things may change.
                              زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Working...
                              X