Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No surprise with CQ turning down Iraq. With CQ being 68 years old, I think he might have one more stop left in him.
    Most likely a spot with less stress and easier road to WC for the 5th time.

Iraq, which have gotten better, essentially has very little chances of qualifying. (knock on wood)
    I think he would love the Iran job for obvious reasons but wouldn't surprise me if we went after the Korea or USA job if they ever were available.

Comment

Guys, come on. Don't be naïve - he rejected Iraqi FA, because the Iraqi FA is even worse than IFF when it comes to corruption and money. They have tons of money yet somehow don't have enough to pay their managers. Even Katanec hasn't been paid for the past 6 months and his contract is not that big.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
        Why would he not go to Iraq? I hold nothing against him if he goes. A job is a job and if you think you can produce results and do a good job why not

Iraq has some great young talent with Mohanad Ali and others
        I'm not sure. To be honest I just don't think he would do that given the past history with Iraq. He is a very prideful person and it goes against that nature of his.

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
          1000% bring back CQ and welcome Qatar 2022 and let him finish his legacy with us in the 2nd round minimum

Its a win win the players adore him
          Guys I hate to burst bubbles but CQ coming back is like saying Mousavi is released from house arrest. It's just not going to happen as much as I want it too.

Comment

We don't need CQ anymore , we need a new breath of fresh air and an attacking minded head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              LOL. 17 pages on this thread debating bringing CQ back. People talking like it's actually an option.
              This has to be the biggest troll Thread on PFDC. No one can reach that CQ nearly sparked a political revolution in iran, yet we have people thinking they gonna bring him back . Pep guardiola has better chance than CQ.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                We don't need CQ anymore , we need a new breath of fresh air and an attacking minded head coach.
                I really never understood this rationale. I have to question whether people who say this watched TM before CQ to repeat this over and over. Do you not remember the days of us winning games 6-3 and losing them 4-2 from our soorakh defense? TM has had great attacking players come through our ranks, but there’s a reason we’ve never had a defender get to such a similar level. Our individual defensive talent has never been world class, hence why our defenders are rarely if ever get scouted like our attackers. CQ knew we had deficiencies in this area, and we would go several games without even conceding a shot on target from the other team.

I think some just want us to go back to beating teams like saudi 4-2 at home and losing 3-1 away. That’s what you get with an “offensive” approach with our level of defensive quality. When we get defenders who are world class, heck, let’s push all the way up to the half line. Unfortunately, we are limited in this area, PAG has decent quality, but do you trust him to make an important stop when a counter-attacking team of quality is running 2 vs 1 against him? This isn’t a knock, because I can count on one hand how many defenders I would trust in such a situation, but Iran has never had such a defender.

We need to work within our parameters, which should include compression on defense to plug up holes and expand on attack. That is when our team is the best. Pushing up and retaining possession against teams who will pack the box against us (learned CQ’s method) is going to bite us in the long run. It did for years and years, did we not learn? We want to go back to that time of headache and heartache, missing world cups or underperforming at them?

Offensive football works for teams with the talent to dominate possession and have the motor and talent to get back on defense in transition, like France, and even they don’t always play attacking football. In the right scenario, they would also pack the box to take a win if needed. Trying to pretend that attacking football would get us anywhere in a World Cup is ridiculous. We’ve seen that experiment and have lost plenty enough to learn we’re not going to be able to beat teams in a major tournament trying to match their offense. Imagine us trying to play “offensive football” against France, Brazil, Germany, etc. I’m crying thinking of the counter-attacks.

CQ used the qualifiers as a method to instill his disciplined defense into TM, so when we made it to the big stage we were ready. Look how much people were gushing about TM and praising our team during CQ’s reign at the World Cup. The only people I saw complaining about our TM play was some of our fans who are never satisfied and expect us to emulate tiki-taka spain 2010, and the fans of our opponents because we put the fear of god into them that they couldn’t easily score on us. They would love for us to play beautiful open, attacking football to open holes and thrash us. That’s what they expect of us. Us stifling their attacks and neutering their offense pissed them off, made the game “boring” for them. A fun game would be watching us lose by a few goals, which we’ve had the pleasure of experiencing in a few world cups. This is a rant, not targeted at you specifically, but please for the love of god will people stop saying this “offensive football” stuff. Do you want TM to be scrambling to figure out a defensive tactic right before the World Cup starts where we’ll definitely be needing it or would you prefer our games be less exciting during the qualifiers and we practice some discipline we will need when we face the world’s best?

Comment

under cq we qualified i think two full games before our last game lol come on, we just had it so good under him. we should have won last asian cup vs. japan too. stupid lack of concentration happened

Comment

I found an interesting video of Carlos Quiroz speaking a language we didn't know he could speak, French!

sigpic

Comment

Strong rumors are everywhere
                      Cq close to iraq bench
                      Check out varzesh 3

Comment

^^ Would break my heart : - (
                        Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                        O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                          Strong rumors are everywhere
                          Cq close to iraq bench
                          Check out varzesh 3
                          i still cant believe it, if it happens....wowww, the only reason could be that he could make it to WC within very short time, IRAQ is in no situation where a coach like him would stay for years

Comment

Should we raise money to get CQ for TM?

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                              i still cant believe it, if it happens....wowww, the only reason could be that he could make it to WC within very short time, IRAQ is in no situation where a coach like him would stay for years
                              Cq only wants to get to the wc
                              Coach wc
                              Coach ac
                              And retire

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                                Cq only wants to get to the wc
                                Coach wc
                                Coach ac
                                And retire
                                i would do the same why not ? but it surely will hurt all iranians feelings lol, at the end its only football but still

anyway cq will need a lot of time to prepare iraq, its not that easy and i think iran will beat iraq easy

Comment

Working...
                                X