Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Has Skocic earned your trust after the second round of WCQs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
    To be fair, I also think you have to look at what GQ took over, and where Skocic stepped in. Not comparable.
    Two opposites really. CQ inherited one of the weakest TMs ever and Skocic is inheriting one of the best which also happens to be the result of 8 years of progress and hard work by CQ.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      Two opposites really. CQ inherited one of the weakest TMs ever and Skocic is inheriting one of the best which also happens to be the result of 8 years of progress and hard work by CQ.
      Yes well one of the best was about to get eliminated by Bahrain and Iraq, opponents which even Queiroz did not manage to beat after 8 years (Bahrain away and Iraq). If Skocic was a west-European with a good CV like mister Wilmots who had coached the Belgian national team and had a Bundesliga background and had gotten the exact same results as Skocic had, then that West-European would have been praised as this amazing coach who had revolutionized Iranian football.

Let's get our facts straight here, here despite being an eastern European with a meagre CV he proved to be a great coach for TM and he has my trust. The ones i do not trust are the Iranians with an inferiority complex towards west Europeans.

Comment

Yes, if he had a good CV he'd have more credibility because a CV is directly correlated to the candidate's aptitude.

This isn't about nationality, CQ's CV is merely further evidence (as if it was needed) of his abilities as a manager. Skocic and Wilmots both have crap CVs and therefore, it would be fair to assume they're not particularly talented managers. In the case of Wilmots, his CV isn't quite as rubbish as Skocic owing largely to the fact he was a high-profile player. Both are yet to do anything to suggest their CV is an unfair reflection of their abilties.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
          Yes, if he had a good CV he'd have more credibility because a CV is directly correlated to the candidate's aptitude.

This isn't about nationality, CQ's CV is merely further evidence (as if it was needed) of his abilities as a manager. Skocic and Wilmots both have crap CVs and therefore, it would be fair to assume they're not particularly talented managers. In the case of Wilmots, his CV isn't quite as rubbish as Skocic owing largely to the fact he was a high-profile player. Both are yet to do anything to suggest their CV is an unfair reflection of their abilties.
          You mean assistant manager. As a manager his CV is not impressive at all unless of course you think getting fired by UAE, Real Madrid, Portugal is an accomplishment by itself.

Comment

From Wikipedia. /I HAD MISSED THE PART WITH THE T-SHIRT!
            here it is! https://s.yimg.com/os/en/blogs/sptus...reoz-troll.jpg

Bring him back! 4 more years, 4 more years

Prior to the final 2014 World Cup qualification match against South Korea, Queiroz was angered by the comment made from Choi Kang-hee, the head coach of South Korea, who complained that Iran did not provide the training facilities with sufficient qualities during South Korea's away qualification match against Iran on 17 October 2012. Choi stated that South Korea would defeat Iran to help Uzbekistan qualify for the World Cup finals with South Korea, and that Iran would have to watch the World Cup on television. In response, Queiroz severely criticized Choi in his official comments and mocked him by wearing a T-shirt displaying Choi's face.[66]

After Iran's victory against South Korea in their final qualification match, Queiroz showed his anger at the South Korean national coach with a raised fist gesture, which was deemed offensive by the South Korean players and staff, almost causing a fight between the two teams.[citation needed] As a result of the altercations, Sosha Makani was suspended for their opening match of the 2014 World Cup.[67] Queiroz had answered previously to Choi that Iran had fairly shared what they had with the South Korean national team on their visit to Iran.[68]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Queiroz
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
              well thats what i tryed to say, that when he got signed there were reports that his contract would get aoutomaticly renewed if he took us to next round, and again automaticly renewed over world cup if he qualified us. that was all over news and pfdc but everyone seems to forget that. then someone said that was incorrect this is confuseng
              here it is!
              “Skocic’s contract runs until the end of the 2023 AFC Asian Cup. However, it is step by step and based on his performance,” Nabi said in an interview with the Iranian television.
              https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/447...tails-revealed

edit: well actually i was probably wrong according to this article, but i have read others about automaticly renewal. this say step by step but then still federation has to negosiate.. we will se what will happen..

On 6 February 2020, Skocic was named the head coach of the Iran national team. In recent weeks the Iranian local media have speculated that the Football Federation of the Islamic Republic of Iran (FFIRI) has negotiated with coaches such as Andrea Stramaccioni and Gabriel Calderon as Skocic’s replacement, though the federation denied all those rumors.

Nabi explained about the duration and the form of the Croatian coach’s contract.

“Skocic’s contract runs until the end of the 2023 AFC Asian Cup. However, it is step by step and based on his performance,” Nabi said in an interview with the Iranian television.

The Iranian national team will have to play Hong Kong, Cambodia, Bahrain, and Iraq at the first round of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.

The Secretary General of the FFIRI said that the first stage of the Skocic’s contract is until the end of these four must-win matches: “Once this step is completed, a decision will be made to continue working with him.”

“At the contract with Mr. Skocic, it is stated that the employer (federation) will decide at each stage and reach an agreement with the Croatian coach.

“Elements such as guaranteed compensation are not involved in the contract. It states that the contract will continue based on the employer's review and satisfaction with the coach's performance,” Nabi added.

Dragan Skocic, who replaced the Belgian coach Marc Wilmots, has a difficult task ahead. After back-to-back appearances in the 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cups, the aim now is to secure third consecutive participation for the first time.

Nabi insisted that the Croatian coach will have the full support of Iran football federation.

"Skochic is the head coach of the Iranian national team and it is our job to support him in any way we can. We have to get all 12 possible points from the next four games to get through the next stage of the 2020 World Cup qualifiers,” he concluded.
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I certainly trust Skocic much more now than 7 games ago... Is he Goardiola or Klopp, most likely not. But given that he has done alright in very high pressure games and the fact that next round will start very soon with probably no time for a preparatory camps or friendlies for a new coach, and the fact that there has been too much volatility within our national team, I don't think we have a choice but to stick with Skocic. There has been too much volatility within the coaching ranks for TM and we need stability for the next round.

PS I am the biggest CQ fan, but I think even bringing him back would be too disruptive as we are going to change our style again with no friendlies, no camp, etc... Just too risky...

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
                  the fact 95% of TM players have yet to back him says it all really....
                  This is a flaw of Iranian football. A player should use his best skills and all his efforts in service of his nation regardless who the coach is. Actually based in the objectives....results, no player quitting camp, and the overall morale...seems like 100% backed him. No player is above the coach or national team jersey even if the coach is Ali Booghi.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                  Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I beenn thinking all afternoon and my conclusion is skocic will remain the hc.
                    Incase we dont get result plan B is iranian coach between daie,yahya,gn (between these 3 Galenoie is my choice)
                    In 2007 When he take over We where coming out player wise the greatest generation of talent and fifa had suspended iran as well.
                    He went undefeated group stage and
                    Lost on pk to s.k which The only mistake Gn made Was to bring NASSER FERGUSSON as assistant and it Backfired greatly
                    the same mistakes nasser FERGUSSON made in 1984 ac semi against ksa in semi change the goali for Pks gn did the same.
                    In 84 that sub was eand of furgueson hc career and DINYA VARZESHand keyhan varzeshi headline was the famouse Ferguson sentence as he walked down the plane in mehrabad he said
                    "Man eshtebah kardam" poor guy everywhere he went in stadoums he was greeted with man eshtebah kardam chants for years to come.
                    Galenoie qas mam enough to take it under his chin and taked responsibility on a famouse trial on 90. Galenoie is alot more experienced and respected by all the current players (sardar has problems with him which is not that hugh it can be solved) if skocic fails general should get a chance as iranian coach over ali daie and yahya)

Comment

I don't see the need of bringing in a different coach or a vatani coach. We can at the very least try out Skocic for 2 games in the next round, and we don't win any of them think of a different coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                        To be fair, I also think you have to look at what GQ took over, and where Skocic stepped in. Not comparable.
                        Good point, didnt think about that this way !!

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                          Well a good CV isn't everything, many other factors come into play, whether a coach performs well and gets good results is not solely dependent on his good CV and credentials. If that was the case then coaches with great CV's would never get fired as they would always get good results.

This has everything to do with nationality. Or at least nationality plays a big factor in why some such as yourself are still bashing a coach who saved TM from elimination under difficult circumstances. If Antonio Conte would have gotten the exact same results as Skocic and TM played the exact same way, you would not have bashed him but praised the man.

Wilmots did not have a crap CV as you put it. He was interim coach at Schalke, took Belgium to the quarter finals of the world cup and took them to a European championship. He also briefly coached the national team of Ivory Coast. I don't think you understand what a crap CV is. A crap CV is what Mourinho had before he became headcoach at FC porto and brought them the Champions League, he was merely a translator, he had a very meagre CV prior but proved he was very capable nonetheless.

Skocic also has a meagre CV but he has the chance to prove himself. Already he has done something that Queiroz could not achieve in 8 years, namely he beat Bahrain away 3-0 and he beat Iraq. He also plays with creative midfielders and shows he is a tactical versatile coach through his subs and by adapting formations during the game. Something which Queiroz never did as he only had one gameplan. Which could painfully be seen in our games against Bosnia, Nigeria, Spain and Japan. Skocic has had a promising start. Lastly a winning coach is always right and so far Skocic is winning.

Comment

Skocic for sure is reading all these since there is really no other english site that is so interested.
                            He is back home
                            DRUNK as a man could be watching euro 2020 er 21 and laughing.
                            Mr.skocic good luck yo your Croatia and thanks for the 4 victory.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                              Skocic for sure is reading all these since there is really no other english site that is so interested.
                              He is back home
                              DRUNK as a man could be watching euro 2020 er 21 and laughing.
                              Mr.skocic good luck yo your Croatia and thanks for the 4 victory.
                              He was just on misaghi’s show yesterday or the day before so he is in Iran if he left it had to have been in the last day or two
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                                He was just on misaghi’s show yesterday or the day before so he is in Iran if he left it had to have been in the last day or two
                                He left couple hours after the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X