Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rizz View Post
    When are the groups drawn guys?
    The draw will be held in on July 1st. Here is a direct quote from the AFC article below on the subject: "The attention will now shift to the draw for the AFC Asian Qualifiers – Road to Qatar Final Round, which will be held on July 1, 2021, when Asia’s top 12 contenders will be drawn into two groups of six teams each. The seeding for the draw will be based on a special release of the FIFA Rankings for Asian teams on June 18, 2021."

https://www.the-afc.com/competitions...tralised-hosts

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
      I’m not sure if the change helps us or hurts us. It means we cannot face both UAE and Saudi. So that’s good I guess
      I would take UAE any day over Saudi. Playing against Saudi has always been challenging. There was a time a few years ago ( the great CQ era) that I would have said any Asian team! bring them on and we can beat them with comfort Saudi and Australia included.

Now, we are back to being good 1 game, bad the next and a lot less consistence and organized. Some of it its due for lack of game and training of course.

I think we bit more plan and preparation we should be able to pass the last stage but for WC final it wont be enough, the issue I have with Skočić isn't so much his talent and skills, he has shown to be good communicator and improving the guys spirit and can read the game and change the game etc. The issue is being a bit of "yes man" with not much international experience, he wont be able to proposed and implement a decent plan and schedule for TM so for him the fact that he is the head coach is beyond his expectation so he might not challenge the federation with training schedules and quality friendlies etc.

Comment

this is the best group we can have
        1. iran
        2.Australia ( we havent play them in a while and thier team is not like 10 years ago, they have a couple of good players)
        3.saudi ( just to beat them again, even though i dont mind uae also)
        4.china( is better to avoid as many arab team as possible)
        5.oman( i think oman is easier than syria)
        6. vietnam

Comment

As long as we get Australia instead of yet again SK I don't care about the others. Saudi yes would be good and a motivation but same goes for UAE.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
            this is the best group we can have
            1. iran
            2.Australia ( we havent play them in a while and thier team is not like 10 years ago, they have a couple of good players)
            3.saudi ( just to beat them again, even though i dont mind uae also)
            4.china( is better to avoid as many arab team as possible)
            5.oman( i think oman is easier than syria)
            6. vietnam
            I agree except oman/syria and ksa/uae. We trashed syria twice 5/0 recently

Comment

Vietnam has improved a lot over the past few years. Even when played them in the Asian cup, you could tell they are coached well. Not that they will qualify, but I much rather play Lebanon if I want to be guaranteed a win.

Comment

Iran
                Australia
                Saudi
                Iraq
                Oman
                Lebanon

Have a feeling we will get a difficult draw this time.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Actually it is bad for us, that Iraq drop to Pot 4, because now we can get both KSA & Iraq in our group.

I think the most favorable group would be:

Iran
                  Australia
                  UAE
                  China
                  Syria
                  Vietnam

and the hardest group would be:

Iran
                  S.Korea
                  KSA
                  Iraq
                  Oman
                  Lebanon

Comment

so strange not to have Uzbekistan here.

and to think, Tajkistan would have been there too if NK hadn't gone full mental and withdrew. Would have been nice to see them in this around!

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                      Actually it is bad for us, that Iraq drop to Pot 4, because now we can get both KSA & Iraq in our group.

I think the most favorable group would be:

Iran
                      Australia
                      UAE
                      China
                      Syria
                      Vietnam

and the hardest group would be:

Iran
                      S.Korea
                      KSA
                      Iraq
                      Oman
                      Lebanon
                      when the main strategy of Iraq is to run to the referee for every foul so they can get our players booked - i wouldn't worry about them.

I mean, i see it worked for them and that was the only two times they could defeat us (when we had 10 men because of bookings). i just want someone besides iraq and south korea. we played them too many times

Comment

Who will be the host for this if it will be centralized hosted in single countries will be very important. I think they might host one group in East Asia and one in West Asia

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          It's crazy but we have never encountered Australia ever since they joined Asia's football. Last time we played them was WCQ in 1997

Here is our past encounters results :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For exception of the 1970 game, I have watched all of these games and still remember them! Specially the 2-2.

Comment

Working...
                          X