No announcement yet.

Seeding groups for the next round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not Kamran jaan? Australia's in Pot 2, Iraq in Pot 3, China Pot 4 and Syria in Pot 5.

I don't know if The's group is a dream group for us but it would be a possible draw:

1. Japan (28)
    2. Iran (31)
    1. South Korea (39)
    2. Australia (41)
    1. Saudi Arabia (65)
    2. Iraq (68)
    1. United Arab Emirates (73)
    2. China PR (77)
    1. Syria (79)
    2. Oman (80)
    1. Vietnam (92)
    2. Lebanon (93)
    Personally, I'd rather have as close a group to the last WC as possible since that was our most comfortable qualification in recent times. So:

South Korea, Iraq (in place of Uzbekistan), China, Syria and Vietnam (in place of Qatar). It almost sounds easier, doesn't it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
      Why not Kamran jaan? Australia's in Pot 2, Iraq in Pot 3, China Pot 4 and Syria in Pot 5.

I don't know if The's group is a dream group for us but it would be a possible draw:

1. Japan (28)
      2. Iran (31)
      1. South Korea (39)
      2. Australia (41)
      1. Saudi Arabia (65)
      2. Iraq (68)
      1. United Arab Emirates (73)
      2. China PR (77)
      1. Syria (79)
      2. Oman (80)
      1. Vietnam (92)
      2. Lebanon (93)

Personally, I'd rather have as close a group to the last WC as possible since that was our most comfortable qualification in recent times. So:

South Korea, Iraq (in place of Uzbekistan), China, Syria and Vietnam (in place of Qatar). It almost sounds easier, doesn't it?!

Originally posted by JoojehKoobedeh2 View Post
      Well Australia is actually 2nd seed along with South Korea, while the third seeds are Iraq and Saudi and fourth is UAE and China, fifth Oman and Syria, and last seed is Vietnam and Lebanon

my bad, I forgot about South Korea.. you're right.
      Last edited by webmaster; 06-15-2021, 11:11 PM.
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I have a feeling that this could be our toughest draw in recent history. We should avoid UAE from pot 4, otherwise there are too many teams that we could have trouble with.

Comment

I think you should look at this from another angle. I believe the only important thing is, to avoid saudi arabia. Let me tell you why. It is not because i fear Them or Think that they are better than us. But my angle is this:
          The difference between Saudi Arabia and Iraq is, that the saudis Will get alot more points from the teams seeded 4-6 than Iraq Will. Just imagine the 4-6 seed teams are china, Oman and Lebanon. Who do you Think Will get most points from these 6 games, saudi or Iraq? Saudi of course. They are the far better team. Iraq drew twice against Bahrain and had a hard time against Hong Kong. Iraq is far better as a underdog than the favorite.
          So imagine saudi getting 15-18 points against Those 6 teams. That Would put a huuge pressure on us, and we cant afford to make a mistake. I believe we Can loose against Iraq but still finish above Them, as they Will throw points against the 4-6 seed teams. Saudi wont do that. Saudi Will minimum get 11 points of Those games.
          The Best thing for us is, if the other teams loose points among themselves. With saudi we Will have 3 dominant teams in the group, which means that if you fukk up once of twice, you are done. Therefore I dont Care about the team from pot 2 or pot 4-6. As long as we dont get saudi Arabia, everything Will be okay. Because the top 2 goes through, and we just need to be more stable than the pot 3-6 teams, which we Will be, as long as we get Iraq instead of saudi Arabia.
          Im not saying we wont qualify if we get the saudis. But it Will be so much more stressfull, and their Will be no room for errors. The only reason we won our group in this round, is exactly what my point is. Iraq won against us, but they couldnt beat Bahrain. Saudi Arabia Would have won twice against Bahrain. And this is what i want to avoid next round

Comment

As AM_89 pointed out in this post there will be a change in the rankings, which differs from the info I read initially that the seeding groups would be based on the FIFA May rankings. There will be a new ranking announced on the 18th of June. This will put Iraq in group 4 while UAE moves up to group 3 instead (I updated my initial post).

1. Japan - Iran
            2. Australia - South Korea
            3. Saudi Arabia - UAE
            4. Iraq - China
            5. Oman - Syria
            6. Vietnam - Lebanon

I would prefer UAE, China, Syria and Vietnam from the lower groups. The worst draw would definitely be getting Saudi Arabia, and for some reason I think Oman could cause some trouble for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
              As AM_89 pointed out in this post there will be a change in the rankings, which differs from the info I read initially that the seeding groups would be based on the FIFA May rankings. There will be a new ranking announced on the 18th of June. This will put Iraq in group 4 while UAE moves up to group 3 instead (I updated my initial post).

1. Japan - Iran
              3. Saudi Arabia - UAE
              4. Iraq - China
              5. Oman - Syria
              6. Vietnam - Lebanon

I would prefer UAE, China, Syria and Vietnam from the lower groups. The worst draw would definitely be getting Saudi Arabia, and for some reason I think Oman could cause some trouble for us.
              we have been crushing syria recently too. i know their Omars are not there but i think we got them. oman plays very well as a team

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                This will be our group, just so its more painful for us fans.
                Iran, Australia, Saudi, UAE, Syria, Lebanon
                Truly a torturous group
                This will be our group, just so its more painful for us fans.
                Iran, Australia, Saudi, UAE, Syria, Lebanon
                Truly a torturous group
                It's crazy but we have never encountered Australia ever since they joined Asia's football. Last time we played them was WCQ in 1997

Here is our past encounters results :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post

1. Japan - Iran
                  3. Saudi Arabia - UAE
                  4. Iraq - China
                  5. Oman - Syria
                  6. Vietnam - Lebanon

So I thought they were going off the May rankings??? Now its changed to June??

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                    So I thought they were going off the May rankings??? Now its changed to June??
                    https://www.the-afc.com/competitions...tralised-hosts

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                      https://www.the-afc.com/competitions...tralised-hosts

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk
                      I never understand how FIFA allows AFC to change rules and dates constantly on short notice.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                        I never understand how FIFA allows AFC to change rules and dates constantly on short notice.
                        Its a case of Dig be Dig Mige Root Siah.

I am assuming Saudi or UAE pushed for this as they are the ones who change pots.

Comment

Its a case of Dig be Dig Mige Root Siah.

I am assuming Saudi or UAE pushed for this as they are the ones who change pots.
                          it helps saudi and uae avoid each other, they were in same group last time (2018)

Comment

I’m not sure if the change helps us or hurts us. It means we cannot face both UAE and Saudi. So that’s good I guess

Comment

it can be both worse and better.. the maj ranking was a middle thing.. have to say the draw sure is more interesting now..
                              lets se if afc has warm balls and cold balls in the bowl when they make the draw as blatter admitted they did in the euro draws back in the days, or if they have upgraded that skill to something more modern.. im just waiting for the day afc just doesnt pretend anymore, just announces that they have decided that this and that is the groups no draw no nothing
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

When are the groups drawn guys?

Comment

Working...
                                X