Seeding groups for the next round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
    My friend. We just played then in AC and they showed they are years ahead of us
    They were years ahead of us in terms of IQ and Mental Strength, until the blackout by TM defense the game was pretty much even.

Most importantly i was speaking about the potential and the (individual-) quality of both National teams. Obviously better management, structure, international connections, League, Youth-Work etc. etc. make it comfortable for Japan to display their full potential unlike Iran. Still i think this Team with better preparation defeats Japan, specially at Azadi.

We have played them under CQ some years ago in Azadi and were the better side, the game ended 1-1.

Comment

IRAN

Pot2 - SK, AUS ====> I want Australia. It will be exciting to play them again.
      Pot3 - Saudi, Iraq ===> Tired of Iraq and their b.s. , I want Saudi. They are a bit more civilized.
      Pot4 - UAE, China ===> China would be good
      Pot5 - Syria, Oman ===> Both are ugly, but give me Oman
      Pot6 - Vietnam, Lebanon ====> no Leban, Viet Kong is better

Less Arab team is better

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm
        I think Japan is still far from their full potential because of the massive popularity of baseball in the country. Their best athletes play baseball.
        By that logic Iran is far from their full potential because of massive popularity of Wrestling and Volleyball in the country.

And how to draw a conclusion that their best athletes play baseball, who says that if one is successful in baseball can become great at football.

Comment

I just want to avoid Saudi from Pot 3. The group with Saudi will definitely be tougher.

Comment

I am hoping for:

Australia (over Korea because its been too long since we faced them and to this day they talk shit and diminish our victory over them qualifying us for France 98)
            Iraq
            China
            Oman
            Vietnam

Comment

I see that everyone is missing one key important point : we are unlikely to play at home.

Ther is not enough time to run a full qualifier so it is VERY likely that we will play a round robin tournament in a centralized location in a short period of time. Qualifiers start in September and every qualified team must be known by March. You also have clubs competing so it is likely qualifiers will take place in two centralized locations - probably Qatar and uae.

Comment

Actually, I'm fine with the round robin style in a centralized (neutral) location. It works for TM, and it worked for Iranian clubs in the ACL.

The round robin style allows our team to get some much needed cohesiveness, unity, practice, etc. And since we can't get friendlies, the earlier matches serve as preparation for the later matches.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                  My friend. We just played then in AC and they showed they are years ahead of us
                  they were not, we beat ourselves in that game. By the same logic Qatar would be decades ahead of us for beating Japan in the final by the same score. They're definitely not.

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                  به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

I think Oman would be a real headache. They actually are playing nice football now and usually aren't known for anti-football stuff as much recently

I really want a Saudi matchup because I think they can be beaten and are way overrated. Kheyli mechasbe age bebarim. Not one player in that team plays outside of Saudi.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                      Actually, I'm fine with the round robin style in a centralized (neutral) location. It works for TM, and it worked for Iranian clubs in the ACL.

The round robin style allows our team to get some much needed cohesiveness, unity, practice, etc. And since we can't get friendlies, the earlier matches serve as preparation for the later matches.
                      ^^ This right here. Only thing that is important to emphasize is the word NEUTRAL. *cough cough Bahrain*

A purely neutral arena such as Qatar, with little to no fans would allow for a fair tournament. But knowing AFC we will be grouped with Saudi Arabia and the matches will all be held in Riyadh

Comment

As i said this qualification despite group of 6 teams shouldn't be that hard. Of course we shouldn't underestimate anyone but no Qatar, Uzbeks, Bahrain, Jordan, Thailand, Kuwait in final stage helps. Most of these teams often were part of the final round of Q.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

We can get a direct qualification if the group is:
                          Australia, Iraq, China, Syria, Lebanon

We might not even make the playoff spot if the group is:
                          South Korea, Saudi, UAE, Oman, Vietnam

Comment

^ sorry you are mixing seeds. As an example, Iraq and Australia are (2nd seeds) and China and Syria are (3rd seeds) will not be in the same group.

edit: pls disregard. I am not sure what I was taking and totally forgot about S. Korea. LOL
                            Last edited by webmaster; 06-15-2021, 11:10 PM.
                            __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                            We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Don't know if this has been mentioned or whether this is the appropriate thread for it but for those who say FIFA rankings don't mean anything:

* 12 of the top 13 ranked teams in Asia at the time of the draw for the 2nd round got through that round!

The only exception is Vietnam (ranked 16th) that snuck in at the expense of Uzbekistan (ranked 11th).

* And 7 of the top 8 ranked teams finished first in their groups!

The only exception there is Syria (ranked 10th) that finished ahead of China (ranked 8th).

I just though it's very interesting that overall Asian results are becoming like clockwork and if we apply the same logic to the next round with the May/June 2020 rankings, we'll of course be in the next World Cup!

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                                ^ sorry you are mixing seeds. As an example, Iraq and Australia are (2nd seeds) and China and Syria are (3rd seeds) will not be in the same group.
                                Well Australia is actually 2nd seed along with South Korea, while the third seeds are Iraq and Saudi and fourth is UAE and China, fifth Oman and Syria, and last seed is Vietnam and Lebanon

Comment

Working...
                                X