Seeding groups for the next round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
    For once, we won't have to deal with Uzbekistan in the next round.. They're always a headache to play against.
    I like playing them. Even we play bad - we usually beat them.
    The one time we played really well against them, we lost (1-0 in Azadi thanks to Rahmati's sooti). I'd rather play them than any of the anti-football teams in our region.

Comment

Pot1 - IRAN, JAPAN
      Pot2 - SK, AUS
      Pot3 - Saudi, Iraq
      Pot4 - UAE, China
      Pot5 - Syria, Oman
      Pot6 - Vietnam, Lebanon

This is the final pots

Comment

Lebnon will qualify next round thanks to
        Ksa 3-0 victory

No lebnon no syria in our group please

Comment

How many teams qualify to WC from each group in the 3rd round?
          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

This would be the ideal group I agree (with Syria and Oman interchangeable)

Australia
            Iraq
            China
            Oman/Syria
            Vietnam

Comment

Iran
              S.k
              Iraq
              China
              Oman
              Vietnam

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                The top two plus a playoff spot for the 3rd placed teams.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Imagine if Carlos comes back and we face Oman (Branko)
                  The meeting between Carlos and Branko would be fierce.

Comment

With Uzbek and Jordan, Bahrain out, this is much weaker 12 teams and very much doable.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                      2 per group
                      3rd place each group playoffs
                      Winner
                      Play another continent

Comment

Omg we either get saudi or iraq.. i was hoping to avoid both entirely
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Australia - because we never played against them since they joined AFC

Iraq - because we're not allowed to play at home against Saudi and also it's fun humbling those cocky Iraqis

China - because unlike UAE they're not Arab and it's always an advantage not to play Arabs

Syria - because Branko has a lot of information about Iranian players and that might make our life a little difficult

Vietnam - because Lebanon would lose on purpose to other Arab teams like they did against Qatar during WCQ 2014

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                            Omg we either get saudi or iraq.. i was hoping to avoid both entirely
                            TBH, if we play Iraq on a neutral ground for our away match, then we can beat them twice easily

Comment

i wanna play australia or saudi, but not both

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                                Australia - because we never played against them since they joined AFC

Iraq - because we're not allowed to play at home against Saudi and also it's fun humbling those cocky Iraqis

China - because unlike UAE they're not Arab and it's always an advantage not to play Arabs

Syria - because Branko has a lot of information about Iranian players and that might make our life a little difficult

Vietnam - because Lebanon would lose on purpose to other Arab teams like they did against Qatar during WCQ 2014
                                pretty much spot on, maybe I take lebanon over Vietnam because vietnam is actually pretty good. although lebanon is a dirty team

Syria is also just not that good anymore IMO, even with al soma or khirbin. with Iraq we can for sure beat them comfortably in a packed azadi, and get a draw outside. saudi arabia is iffy

as others have said, arab teams are risky. because they will play dirty and do anything to take points from iran, but they will gift teams like korea or australia free points

Comment

Working...
                                X