No announcement yet.

Iran vs Iraq Match Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beiro - 6.5. Solid Distribution was weird a bit but great exits in crucial moments. Stood big for iraqs only chance too.

Moharrami - 7. As I said before, his ability to bring ball out of defense himself is a huge asset to get around the press, esp in our team where our midfield isnt the best. He drove team forward at times, won key fouls, and in general was super composed in possession. This is all while he played only 60 mins in the 4months leading up to these key matches bc of a very bad injury. Hes not at his best (seems a step slower than usual defensively, 1v1 dribbling still not as good as before), but still performed very well. Definitely the fix RB moving forward and deserves it.

Khalilzadeh - 7. Dealt very well with aerials. still think he is weaker in possession than Majid + PAG but he is super solid 1v1.

Kanaani - 6. His rating would have been same as Khalilzadeh's but that horrific attempt at in the 1v1 gave iraq their one and only chance. That is always the risk with this guy...Random moments of retardation. PAG is 100% a better CB and should be starter moving forward, hopefully when he has some more time to gel with shoja in friendlies.

Hajsafi - 7 . Solid game by ehsan. Iraqi played super deep and he wasnt tested defensively (his weak point) but good in possession, great assist. Got tired in second half, understandable given heat.

Ezatolahi - 6. He was ok. Lost possession a couple times but if you pay attention to the game he won those balls back. Still wasnt at his best but playing him allows nourollahi to move into a B2B role where he is way more effective.

Nourollahi - 7. Passing was very poor in first 25 mins, but his energy ranging all over the pitch was important thereafter. Couple good interceptions and tackles. He is not a CDM and should only be considered for B2B role in competition/rotation with amiri.

Gholizadeh - 6.5. His 1v1 dribbling didn't click again, but his pass for the goal to find hajsafi was phenomenal. Also had a beautiful pass to azmoun who squared for taremi that nearly went in. Even on his not good days he is making extremely big contributions.

ARJ - 5. So poor. so many possession losses, so many ruined attacks with poor passes. He should not be starting for TM, should have been subbed much sooner. With ghoddos on longer I think we would have definitely scored that second goal.

Taremi - 6. Not his best game, but still covered a lot of ground and made a beautiful pass for sardar that should have sealed it. Was great killing some time in the end with smart dribbling, winning fouls.

Azmoun - 7.5 MOTM. In a game where nobody was at their best he provided again the crucial goal. Was not an easy finish at all and he let it come across his body expertly and slid it under GK. Should have scored a second but he ended this mini tournament 3/4 for big chances which shows how reliable he is becoming in front of goal.

Subs :

Milad - 6.5. Solid game by Milmo. He really helped us push up the pitch with his speed and energy, not sure if anybody noticed but almost every attack we had in second half came after his introduction and down his side. Crossing/cutbacks could have been better but he basically had no space on the couple crosses as the balls he was played were nearly out.

Sarlak - 6. Nothing special, passing was ok.

Ghoddos - 6.5 Not on for long but caused a lot of danger and should have scored one himself.

Ghayedi - 5.5 . Super dangerous after introduction, should have scored 100% so rating is mainly for that miss.

Kaveh - barely on but nice energy and setup for ghayedi.

Skocic - 7. Really weird to me he took so long to sub on ghoddos, we needed him earlier. We unnecessarily gave initiative to iraqis for most of second half. But end of the day we absorbed a lot of their pressure and should have killed game with azmoun,ghoddos,gholi,ghayedi chances. 7 out of 7 wins, so he deserves credit.

Misaghi + other host in studio - 2. Please stop promoting that fvcking "election" and let jalali give some analysis you retards

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
      Excuse me?

https://youtu.be/2U_ug7yaRuU

1:44:00
      Wow the 2 mins I didn’t catch of this game was the first two mins of the second half thanks for pointing that out, that’s the kanaani I’m afraid of in the back.

It’s also a crime to leave PAG on the bench
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        Beiro - 6.5. Solid Distribution was weird a bit but great exits in crucial moments. Stood big for iraqs only chance too.

Moharrami - 7. As I said before, his ability to bring ball out of defense himself is a huge asset to get around the press, esp in our team where our midfield isnt the best. He drove team forward at times, won key fouls, and in general was super composed in possession. This is all while he played only 60 mins in the 4months leading up to these key matches bc of a very bad injury. Hes not at his best (seems a step slower than usual defensively, 1v1 dribbling still not as good as before), but still performed very well. Definitely the fix RB moving forward and deserves it.

Khalilzadeh - 7. Dealt very well with aerials. still think he is weaker in possession than Majid + PAG but he is super solid 1v1.

Kanaani - 6. His rating would have been same as Khalilzadeh's but that horrific attempt at in the 1v1 gave iraq their one and only chance. That is always the risk with this guy...Random moments of retardation. PAG is 100% a better CB and should be starter moving forward, hopefully when he has some more time to gel with shoja in friendlies.

Hajsafi - 7 . Solid game by ehsan. Iraqi played super deep and he wasnt tested defensively (his weak point) but good in possession, great assist. Got tired in second half, understandable given heat.

Ezatolahi - 6. He was ok. Lost possession a couple times but if you pay attention to the game he won those balls back. Still wasnt at his best but playing him allows nourollahi to move into a B2B role where he is way more effective.

Nourollahi - 7. Passing was very poor in first 25 mins, but his energy ranging all over the pitch was important thereafter. Couple good interceptions and tackles. He is not a CDM and should only be considered for B2B role in competition/rotation with amiri.

Gholizadeh - 6.5. His 1v1 dribbling didn't click again, but his pass for the goal to find hajsafi was phenomenal. Also had a beautiful pass to azmoun who squared for taremi that nearly went in. Even on his not good days he is making extremely big contributions.

ARJ - 5. So poor. so many possession losses, so many ruined attacks with poor passes. He should not be starting for TM, should have been subbed much sooner. With ghoddos on longer I think we would have definitely scored that second goal.

Taremi - 6. Not his best game, but still covered a lot of ground and made a beautiful pass for sardar that should have sealed it. Was great killing some time in the end with smart dribbling, winning fouls.

Azmoun - 7.5 MOTM. In a game where nobody was at their best he provided again the crucial goal. Was not an easy finish at all and he let it come across his body expertly and slid it under GK. Should have scored a second but he ended this mini tournament 3/4 for big chances which shows how reliable he is becoming in front of goal.

Subs :

Milad - 6.5. Solid game by Milmo. He really helped us push up the pitch with his speed and energy, not sure if anybody noticed but almost every attack we had in second half came after his introduction and down his side. Crossing/cutbacks could have been better but he basically had no space on the couple crosses as the balls he was played were nearly out.

Sarlak - 6. Nothing special, passing was ok.

Ghoddos - 6.5 Not on for long but caused a lot of danger and should have scored one himself.

Ghayedi - 5.5 . Super dangerous after introduction, should have scored 100% so rating is mainly for that miss.

Kaveh - barely on but nice energy and setup for ghayedi.

Skocic - 7. Really weird to me he took so long to sub on ghoddos, we needed him earlier. We unnecessarily gave initiative to iraqis for most of second half. But end of the day we absorbed a lot of their pressure and should have killed game with azmoun,ghoddos,gholi,ghayedi chances. 7 out of 7 wins, so he deserves credit.

Misaghi + other host in studio - 2. Please stop promoting that fvcking "election" and let jalali give some analysis you retards
        Agree with the ratings here.

I think if Ghoddos had started in place or ARJ or early second half we would have won this game in style.

Ghoddos has really begun to pull strings and show his quality when he comes on.

We should have won the game at least 2 or 3-0 but im satisfied with overall team hustle and we created a lot of chances against a packed iraqi team.

Skocic gets my approval because he pulled off a really difficult mini tournament of wins.

And every coach, even CQ, makes weird player selections.

Shout out to Sadegh Moharrami for playing so well and running his ass off despite having basically no playing time the last few months. You couldn't even tell.

Nourollahi stepped it up with the workrate today and helped defense out but I still find players get by him way too easily. Ebrahimi should be invited.
        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

All players need to work on their scoring, how many chances did they miss ? And if im right ghaedi missed nearly the same in the last game !?

Comment

Beiro - 7 Good distribution and was very confident in goal

Moharrami - 7.5 Was the best player in the back for me. Was excellent bringing the ball forward and had good touches.

Khalilzadeh - 7 I don't think he's better than PAG but he's for sure better than Kanaani for me

Kanaani - 6 Did fine tbh but I marked him -1 down because of the awful 1 v 1 defending against Bashar, which we are lucky ended up straight at Beiranvand.

Hajsafi - 7.5 Best game I've seen from Ehsan in a while. What a beautiful assist from the left side that Milad could dream of sending through.. Still think he's a liability in the back, especially against more attacking teams, but his possession of the ball and passing is definitely better than Milads...

Ezatolahi - 6.5 A bit slow but I still think he's our best holding midfielder. Just needs more playing time with the right club and he will get there.

Nourollahi - 7.5 Somehow he has his best games against Iraq haha. He was excellent today IMO, and had so much more energy defensively than I usually see from him.

Gholizadeh - 6 His 1 v 1 dribbling and constant turnovers give me flashbacks to Shojaei. I like Gholi, but I'm not sure what this bs is from him recently. His hockey assist to Ehsan Fabregas made up for his turnovers.

ARJ - 6 Pretty poor game from ARJ, but I do think he's a bit out of position with two strikers in front of him. At least unlike Gholi, ARJ put in a good shift defensively and won back some balls.

Taremi - 6 Not the best game from him in terms of dribbling and hold up play. He seemed more tired than usual. Still, he was vital in the last 10-15 minutes.

Azmoun - 8 MOTM What a goal! Azmoun is by far the best finisher on the team and shows it almost every match. Hustled very well and scored the winner.

Subs :

Milad - 5.5 Turnovers, weak passing and poor on the ball. Now I can see why CQ and Skocic prefer Hajsafi over Milad at LB. He does bring a lot of energy when subbed on which I like, but this team has a LB issue. I want to see Aghaei potentially called up.

Sarlak -N/A not enough to justify a rating but he did nothing wrong. Played some nice passes

Ghoddos - 7 Always dangerous when on the pitch

Ghayedi - N/A Don't think it's fair to rate him just based off that one miss, but man it was a bad miss lol

Kaveh - N/A Did great in the last four minutes. Was surprisingly pacey.

Comment

Ghayedi needs to build up his body strength especially when it comes to his legs if he wants to be a good finisher. He creates a mess for defenders in the middle of the field, but to become a good finishr he needs to have his shots be stronger and on target
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                Ghayedi needs to build up his body strength especially when it comes to his legs if he wants to be a good finisher. He creates a mess for defenders in the middle of the field, but to become a good finishr he needs to have his shots be stronger and on target
                I don't think physical strength was the issue. That was a pure mental/experience thing.

Comment

I really felt this was a very slow (low speed) game by both sides. Let’s blame it on concurrent European games. But again hard to play against a 9-1 Iraqi formation.

Anyway I am glad Iraq advances too. Unlike other PG countries they are passionate about soccer.
                  .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    I don't think physical strength was the issue. That was a pure mental/experience thing.
                    yes, in that missed goal, it was a mental thing. He should've scored. But in general he needs to get stronger. He looks like he weighs 130 pounds.
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Beiro - 7 Solid. He has definitely improved during his time at Antwerp if I were to compare him to his previous games. His exits, distributions, and playing from the back/playing with his feet (which the Belgians were very critical about) has all significantly improved. Clean sheet too.

Moharrami - 8 EXCELLENT. Good defensively (remember Dinamo fans were calling him out for this, but improved 100%) and offensively. One criticism I have is BABA when you are starting a counter-attack don't send the ball 1,000 meters into space where you can't reach or gets intercepted!

Khalilzadeh - 8 Solid. Started an attack from the back like he did against Bahrain when he sent the ball to Taremi, but Azmoun couldn't capitalize and unfortunately this time no goal occurred. This man has been robbed MANY YEARS of a starting place, undeservedly. I remember people were doubting his quality, saying he's not TM material and swore he had a temperament. Ah, good times.

Kanaani - 7 Was alright except for when he allowed Bashar space to shoot, could have been costly. Still, Shoja - Kanaani is the superior CB pairing.

Hajsafi - 7 Assist. Skocic has been gaslighting all of us into believing Hajsafi is a great player and we are buying into it... SMH!!!@@!@!@##$#!

Ezatolahi - 6 Can get better and better... Has the potential, just needs to fulfill it. Great long range passing from him, doubt many can pass the ball aerially as good as he does.

Nourollahi - 7 I can't make my mind up about him... One day he's good (e.g. today), another he's bad. I think he is a player that you have to fit in the precise midfield position, otherwise it won't work.

Gholizadeh - 8 MOTM. Proving the haters wrong. I LOVE how he makes himself involved unlike other players, even if it doesn't come off always. I rate that. Not afraid to take on his man like a sissy. Excellent defensively considering that he is such an offensive-minded player. Showing why FC Nantes in Ligue 1 want to bring Gholi to their club. Had a shot on target which I think he should have converted into a goal, but at least got it on target. Was the root cause for our win with his BRILLIANT pre-assist.

Taremi - 6 Was alright, put it on the platter for Azmoun who did not finish. Won set pieces, but gave away the ball a few times.

Azmoun - 8 Got us the match winner with a smart tap-in. I just wish he timed his run better on his offside goal and finished Taremi's chance put on platter. Could have easily been MOTM and had a hattrick.

Subs :

Milad - 5 COME ON MAN PLAY BETTER!

Sarlak -N/A Neutral on Sarlak for this match, but a good player for Persepolis.

Ghoddos - 6 Should have been brought on earlier!

Ghayedi - N/A Robbed of a XI start given his last MOTM performance. Got himself into a great goal scoring position, very unlucky not to have a goal to his name. But we will give him leeway because he is a young promising talent, JUST PLEASE DON'T GO TO QATAR.

Kaveh - N/A Not much time to make an impact, though what I respect about Kaveh is that he never complained at times he was not called up to the NT.

Dragan Skočić - 10 Winning against Bahrain in Manama and our blood-thirsty rivals Arogh in Arab country? Can you give this man anything less than a 10, honestly speaking???

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                        Excuse me?

https://youtu.be/2U_ug7yaRuU

1:44:00
                        My god his 1 on 1 defending is an atrocity every time i see him bend over you just know even a toddler can blow by him. He has that panic style of defense that is infuriating to watch.

Comment

I want to give some credit to Beiro. it feels good to have a consistent goalie for first time in a while, someone who gives you confidence

PAG must start in future, when he has more games under his belt. he is so much better than Kanaani, who is solid but clumsy at times

Hajsafi was good at LB better then MilMo who was caught out of possession

ARJ was not good but skocic plays him on the left side to accomodate Gholi. then brings Ghaedi into the game, and moves Gholi left and ghaedi right? wtf?

Ghoddos needs to be our CM/CAM starter and solidified. midfield 3 of amiri, ghoddos, nourollahi with ezatolahi/ali karimi rotating next round please

Skocic has balls of steel keeping the yellow carded guys on for so long

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                            For what? We either shot directly at him or missed the goal entirely like Ghaedi
                            I wonder if the result would have been a win for Iran if the Iraqies had the same number of chances as we did. Clinical finishing was lacking with a few exceptions. How many times did our players hit the ball exactly where the goalie was standing? Is this something we can learn for the future?
                            Last edited by kianstarwars; 06-15-2021, 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Im just saying, Hajisafi haters, he assisted and had some good crosses today. time to forgive him now and move on?

Also in next round, we cant miss those chances! seriously not to hang out a single player cuz all of them made terrible finishes, but Gholis miss was horrible! how can you pass the goalie from 3 meters just put it at the sides.. we have to do that mighty ducks movie when they passed with eggs on the ice, but converted to triaining at finishes they have to have the mindset not to just shoot, shoot to score instead.
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

This was an important win and I don't want to spoil the celebration, but I have to be honest I did not enjoy watching this game. It was frustrating to see the team getting into a relax and casual mode in the second half. We were lucky Iraq was not the same team that beat us in the first game, otherwise they could have hurt us and I say we were lucky. I was expecting a game with more efforts and conviction, but that did not happen. Too many bad/poor passes, wrong judgements, misses, unnecessary fouls. I was happy that we got rid of the "zir e toop bezan" culture, but I heard someone from the bench providing instructions in Farsi, shouting get a "foul" as though that is really a football tactic. That is not gonna cut it for us in the next round. CQ had stopped all of that b.s. and if this is coming back, I have to say, it is not helpful.

I give the team a passing mark for winning the game, but individual players for me all performed below average.

Comment

Working...
                                X