Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Iraq: Info, Updates & Live Reports (15.06.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last time we beat Iraq was in a friendly match, we have not had a win in recent times that I remember at least. So this game is not only about qualification alone it’s very hesiati, after the ghaedi childish comment they are as serious about this game as we are and Many for them it’s all about not losing to us full stop. Hopefully we start the game with a fast goal and force them to play football. As they will want to sit back and force us into mistakes. Tomorrow’s game all depends on our Midfield and if it’s their day we will surely win.
    United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
      twitter.com/GolBezan
      instagram.com/GolBezan
      youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

I'm almost 100% sure we'll win this game and with a good result but with a tie we'll definitely finish ahead of Lebanon & Kyrgyzstan so far, as far as 2nd placed teams go.

So for us NOT to go through in this situation, all of the following must be true:

A) Jordan must beat Australia. AND

B) Uzbekistan must beat or tie Saudi Arabia. AND

C) UAE must beat or tie Vietnam but in case of a tie,

1) the goals they score must be the same as or higher than the goals we score against Iraq.

2) if the goals they score is one less than what we score against Iraq, they don't get any more yellow cards than we do against Iraq.

In case of C2 (provided A & B are true), it will go to the dreaded drawing of lots because both teams have the same number of yellow and red cards going into their last match if I've counted everything correctly!

Even if we lose against Iraq, we still have a chance but either Uzbekistan or UAE will have to lose against their opponent with a worse GD than us - Uzbekistan with our GD -2 and Iraq with our GD -1 (with a difference in GD of -1 and 0 respectively, it will go into goals scored).

So let's hope it's a nice juicy win and we don't have to worry about any of this crap.

Comment

u guys seam so confident we will win... Iraq has had the same coach for years now while we changed ours recently. I really hope we will win but to tell the truth i doubt we will win this game. I think we get a draw and this way we go to next round. Iraq is not a easy team to play against.

Comment

^ They won’t be easy at all. But we will win

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
              They have to make sure or HOPE that one of Uzbekistan, UAE, Jordan and Oman teams don't win their last matches to end up among the top 4 2nd teams with more than 16/17 points.
              Makes sense... likely that Jordan won't win though, probably an 80 percent chance of a no-win - so unless things go totally wrong seems they should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Golefarsi View Post
                u guys seam so confident we will win... Iraq has had the same coach for years now while we changed ours recently. I really hope we will win but to tell the truth i doubt we will win this game. I think we get a draw and this way we go to next round. Iraq is not a easy team to play against.
                A draw does not guarantee advancement. We have to win no excuses

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                  I think Iraq is stronger than both, Uzbekistan and Qatar, the fifth spot is between KSA & Iraq. Funny enough that i believe TM has an easier job defeating Korea, Japan and Australia than Iraq or KSA.
                  That's because they are afraid of Arab teams, they start shaking the moment they face them.

Comment

i hope hajsafi dont start he sit in press confrence

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                      A draw does not guarantee advancement. We have to win no excuses
                      Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      Lets hope Aussie OR Saudi win their game, i think its highly possible one of these two will win their home game tomorrow

Comment

Guys, let's not care about what others do. We need to win tomorrow. That's it.

Doesn't matter if it's 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, 3-2, 4-3, 99-98.. We need to win and that's it.

I fully trust and believe in this team to give it their ALL tomorrow. They know what's at stake, they know they lost the away match. They're going on the field tomorrow to win.

Let's not focus or worry about what others do. We just need to cheer our own team.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                          That's because they are afraid of Arab teams, they start shaking the moment they face them.
                          Not afraid. They overthink.

It's like a forward who is thinking about how he will kick the ball into the net - he'll probably mess up. Whereas when you just do what's in your muscle memory, you're probably better off.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            Derby? Also, “No”
                            SMH... that Twitter account has been talking so much trash ahead of the match and trolling fellow hamvatans on their platform!

I say we raid their Twitter!

Comment

^ Good! Let this be a fire under their ass to give their life tomorrow. And I'm 100% sure they will! Iran will go into the game to defeat Iraq tomorrow!

Comment

Skocic had Hajsafi with him in the pre-match news conference today. So far, every player who has accompanied Skocic in a pre-match news conference has started that match. Skocic said that Iraq match is the most important one and is the hardest one of the four. He said TM should forget the previous matches and focus on this one. Hajsafi said that TM camp atmosphere is extraordinary and the team has come together to win.

Link to Skocic's interview: http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/8444/%D8%A7%...A7%D8%B3%D8%AA

Link to Hajsafi's remarks: http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/8445/%D8%AD%...A7%D8%B3%D8%AA

Comment

Working...
                                X