Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Iraq: Info, Updates & Live Reports (15.06.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
    Does anyone know how many times TM had to do with 10 men as a result of Shojaie Red Card? A compilation of his blunders would be good!
    I think he got two red cards , one in the iraq-game the other in the WCQ 2014 Game against S.Korea in Azadi.

For a compilation of his blunders, one could create a Serial.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
      My Iraqi sources have told me that their team is extra motivated because of Mehdi Ghaedis 3-0 predictions. I don't understand what the need is for our players to make bold predictions like this. it is truly unprofessional.
      We actually can beat them with 3 or more goals. Ghaedi is just putting fear in Iraq Heart and if Iraqies get excited even better because they may lose their head and mess up their own game. I am glad that Ghaedi and in general TM play with confidence against Iraq. Go TM we love you

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        Can we be honest with each other Saeid Has been poor (specially against cambodia). For some reason Ezza has been very very shaky, whether its the weather or something else I dono but he has been very shaky. I personally wouldn't start him against iraq. I would sub him when we score 2+ goals or when vahid amiri is tired.

Against Hong Kong he got a low rating , Against Cambodia he got a low rating , against bahrain he also got a low rating.

Lol I thought i never say this but ahmad noor has been playing much better than saeid! Against bahrain Ahmad got 8.04 saeid got 6.8 (missed a open goal).
        I have noticed that as well. He used to be much better than this I also don't understand his present situation. In the other hand his turmendeus hight and wast experience can be of great help in event of corners and set pieces in TM and Iraq 18 yard boxes. I have a feeling that he will play better against stronger lraq (than Bahrain). Go TM we,over you and makes us proud.

Comment

Been doing a shallow dive into Iraqi football twitter accounts (some with over 100K followers), and I'm amazed by the recent number of images/videos from prior TM-Iraq matches, and even posting of recent images from TM practices in Bahrain. I have found nowhere near similar posts on Iranian/TM football twitter sites. It's not scientific, but clearly there is a tendency of focusing on Iran (even though Iraq are totally through to the next round). Not making any judgements... just saying.

Comment

add the red card by Pooladi in the 2015 Asian Cup.
            Shojaie is not the only idiot in our team history.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              Been doing a shallow dive into Iraqi football twitter accounts (some with over 100K followers), and I'm amazed by the recent number of images/videos from prior TM-Iraq matches, and even posting of recent images from TM practices in Bahrain. I have found nowhere near similar posts on Iranian/TM football twitter sites. It's not scientific, but clearly there is a tendency of focusing on Iran (even though Iraq are totally through to the next round). Not making any judgements... just saying.
              You know? It is because Iran is the team to beat in Asia. Teams like Cambodia or even all Arab teams dream about beating Iran every day. Iraq has been lucky so far but they can't run away from the truth anymore. The table will turn on Tuesday for Iran mark my words my friends.

This time we will defeat the AFC and Iraq in one shot all together and revive the Iranian pride and reputation once again.

I am really confident that this team can finish the job like they did against Bahrain so let's be confident. [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]
              Last edited by webmaster; 06-13-2021, 09:45 PM.
              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

^^^ well there are some reasons for that.
                1.) twitter is blocked and illegal in iran
                2.) Not many iranians use twitter.
                3.) Try instagram and you'll be surprised
                4.) Try telegram.
                BTW Iraq is not through next round !

Originally posted by diz View Post

Comment

Also, Iraq vs. HK was not impressive. It was actually an own goal by HK. Very little chances and poor finishing

Comment

Iraq will taste the Iranian leopards claws on Tuesday no questions about it. They are too confident so we need to bring them down to the reality of earth and show them who their boss is. [emoji28][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji38][emoji16][emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                      ^^^ well there are some reasons for that.
                      1.) twitter is blocked and illegal in iran
                      2.) Not many iranians use twitter.
                      3.) Try instagram and you'll be surprised
                      4.) Try telegram.
                      BTW Iraq is not through next round !
                      If Iraq loses what do they need to make it to the next round?

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                        If Iraq loses what do they need to make it to the next round?
                        They have to make sure or HOPE that one of Uzbekistan, UAE, Jordan and Oman teams don't win their last matches to end up among the top 4 2nd teams with more than 16/17 points.
                        Last edited by webmaster; 06-13-2021, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                          I have just rewatched Japan vs Iraq WCQ 2018 games. Iraq was on par with them drawing them 1-1 at home and only loosing 2-1 to Japan in Torkyo. The Celebration of Japanese tells you how close that game actually was!

Iraq is a really good team who can pose a treat to any top 4 Asian team. In fact, they are not far off from Iran / Japan / Korea / Australia, I’d say they compete for that 5th best Asian team together with Uzbekistan, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Definitely shouldn’t underestimate Iraq, if we win this game it will be an accomplishment considering the recent meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            Iraq is a really good team who can pose a treat to any top 4 Asian team. In fact, they are not far off from Iran / Japan / Korea / Australia, I’d say they compete for that 5th best Asian team together with Uzbekistan, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Definitely shouldn’t underestimate Iraq, if we win this game it will be an accomplishment considering the recent meetings.
                            I think Iraq is stronger than both, Uzbekistan and Qatar, the fifth spot is between KSA & Iraq. Funny enough that i believe TM has an easier job defeating Korea, Japan and Australia than Iraq or KSA.

Comment

Iran mibare bacheha negaran e hichi nabashin. Iraq is a good team but they are playing vs. a hungrier Iran and in front of 0 Iraqi fans. Keep in mind that this is supposed to be Iran’s “home” game. Iran is going into this match knowing this is their last chance. If they risk a draw or worst a loss, that might not be enough. They are NOT going to put the fate of their golden generation in the hands of the other teams. Last thing, remember the 2 following sentences:

1) The team who manages their team’s fitness better will hold an advantage over the other.

2) The team who scores the first goal will hold the power on dictating how the match plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                                Accroding to the IFF (see the link below) the ref's name is Ilgiz Tantashov from Uzbekistan. It is not Irmatov.
                                http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/8431/%D8%A7%...B1%D8%A7%D9%82
                                Go TM!
                                https://int.soccerway.com/referees/i...tashev/121612/

Damn this guy is handing out yellow and red cards a lot! Let's hope he can manage the game tuesday fair and square.

Comment

Working...
                                X