Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Iraq: Info, Updates & Live Reports (15.06.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iraqis are unbeaten now in their last 19 Games (last time their lost was to Qatar in AC 2019) and hence will be full of confidence. Even if they are almost certainly qualified for the next round, they won't do us any favor and will play full strength to win their game against Iran, given the heated rivalry & history between both Teams. They have less pressure and stress for advancing for the next round and can play more freely and lucid, which is also an slight advantage.

Judging from our previous encounters with Iraq from AFC 2011 up to this day, we had always difficulties with their intensity and high pressing specially in the first 20-30 mins of the Game. In our last game against Iraq, they controlled and closed the middle field pretty well; surely this had also todo with Masoud being in the Lineup, who doesn't fight and run much and is to slow in his decision making. So we need to improve our middle field, to control the rythm and pace of the game. Their key-players are Bashar Resan, Hamam, Mohanad, Ahmad Ibrahim, Adnan and Mohammed Qaseem.

Given the crucial impact of controlling the middle field in this game and the fact that we most likely need to win to go through, i would play a 3-5-2 System with following Lineup:

Beio
    Moharami--Shoja--MIMO
    Ezzi-PAG
    ARJ--Ghoddus--Ghaedi
    Azmoun-Taremi

I think there is no need to argue for Beiro, Azmoun and Taremi being in the starting Lineup. Obviously if Amiri is available he would replace Ghaedi, otherwise i would play Ghaedi given his outstanding performance in the last game, his experience with Iraqi-Players in AC and technical abilities to creat chances or dangerous set-pieces. MiMo has to start in my opinion given his speed, which allows him to deal with technical players like Resan or Humam. I went for Shoja as CB because i think that Kanaani looked to unsecure and nervous when he gets pressed ( in the Bahrain Game f.e.). I think the crucial point would be to take Nourallahi out for this game, since he lacks the defensive abilities and work ethic to help us control the center. PAG on the other hand is very experienced, showed that he can make good decision when gets pressed and has of course great defensive skills. I think that him and Ezzi as DM would bring us the much needed control in the Middle-field.
    I would also start ARJ over Gholizadeh in this games, simply because ARJ has better defensively skills which will benefit the main goal to control the middle-field. Ghoddus has to start for me he was an absolute best in the last two games. As potential Subs i would consider Gholizadeh who can be key against by then exhausted Iraqi Defenders, same goes with Torabi.
    If we can weather a storm and keep up with the intensity that Iraqis usually bring in the first quarter of the game, we have great chances to win this game comfortably.

That beings said, i think Skocic Line Up will be like this:

Beiro
    Moharami--Kanaani--Shoja--MiMO
    Nourollahi-Haysafi
    Gholi--Taremi--Torabi
    Azmoun

Comment

For some reason, Iraq has given us more trouble than any other country in Asia from the past 8 years. Even CQ had difficulty with them.

On paper, individually we are undoubtedly superior to them. I think it’s because we cannot physically impose ourselves on them like other teams, and collectively they are a very hard-working and passionate bunch.

We need to expect the pressing, so it’s skocic’s job to find solutions with the right counter tactic, formation, and lineup.

The rest is purely the mental state of the players. Can’t play emotional or scared, and we’ll not only win—but do so resoundly. They aren’t in the same league as us.

Comment

I expect Iraqs press to take a hit if Bashar Resan is injured.

Our main struggle with Iraq is their press game which can be countered by having guys like Ghoddos and Ezatolahi starting.

Their 3 centrebacks are emergency defenders. If we have one of Ghaedi/Torabi/Gholizadeh running at them 1v1, I can guarantee plenty of fouls and setpieces for us.

Most important keys to winning:
        1) Wingers get in open spaces to receive the ball
        2) Beat the press with our best distributors.
        3) Taremi to ruin Iraqs defensive shape.

Weaknesses to avoid:
        1) Taking too long on the ball on defense and goalkeeper(Beiranvand had some risky moments the last 3 games, if he does it vs Iraq they will score.
        2) Aerial duels vs Mohanad Ali. Whichever CB steps up for this one needs to have a game and ruin Iraq's holdup play

Comment

I think our biggest opponent in this match will be the pitch. It would be really hard to score through actual playing football.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
            I think our biggest opponent in this match will be the pitch. It would be really hard to score through actual playing football.
            Because of that set-pieces and crosses into the box need to be trained and sharpened by our players. i can see Azmoun scoring a beautiful header like he did in AFC 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ashimashi View Post
              Hang on, I’m confused. This here says the referee is going to be Irmatov. Where did you get Tantashev from?
              They choose the refs for each group
              Before the tournament starts
              They gave us refs which dont effect matches against teams That we would beat with my grand morher(rip) and then schedule us a young ilgar tantashev FOR A FINAL MATCH if iran lose or tie
              Uzbacks are gurantee advancing with out the match begain against ksa.
              EVEN BOLLYWOOD COULD NOT WRITTE A BETTER SCRIPT.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                Because of that set-pieces and crosses into the boy need to be trained and sharpened by our players. i can see Azmoun scoring a beautiful header like he did in AFC 2015.
                Exactly. Either through set pieces or it could be through opponent error/deflections like Hong Kong game. I wish we had a proper set piece taker like Ando, all his corners smelled a goal.

Comment

?? What time is iran vs Iraq Los angels time (9.30am )or (12.30 PM )

Comment

Originally posted by ashimashi View Post
                    Hang on, I’m confused. This here says the referee is going to be Irmatov. Where did you get Tantashev from?
                    Ashomashi jan it is confirmed. The ref unfortunately is: Ilgiz Tantashev. I saw the news on IRI 3

Please check here too:

https://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=530614
                    sigpic
                    SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                    IRAN
                    - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Originally posted by Transformer View Post
                      ?? What time is iran vs Iraq Los angels time (9.30am )or (12.30 PM )
                      9:30am pst

Comment

Forecast for Tuesday’s match is a high of 104’F (39’ C) with temps in mid 90’s F (mid 30’s C) for the match start time.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                          ITS BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT IRAN
                          IN THE WORLD CUP
                          IN AN ARAB COUNTRY
                          ALL BECAUSE OF
                          THE NAME PERSIAN GULF.
                          Even if what you are implying isn't a plan by them at the moment, deep down there is a collective hatred in them for us. I think they would do anything that they can get away with.

Comment

Irmatov being the referee is good. But doesn't Uzbek also depend on the result of this game too? So why'd you put an Uzbeki ref on this knowing of some conflict of interest. Everyone has their implicit bias

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                              Irmatov being the referee is good. But doesn't Uzbek also depend on the result of this game too? So why'd you put an Uzbeki ref on this knowing of some conflict of interest. Everyone has their implicit bias
                              You’re being too logical. AFC doesn’t rely on logic.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                You’re being too logical. AFC doesn’t rely on logic.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=850QffSoqCs

we all remember this one
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X