Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Iraq: Info, Updates & Live Reports (15.06.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
    Let's hope he plays LB tomorrow, at least.
    That is where he is at his worst because when he messes up there it ends up in our goal. I hope Skocic goes back and watches the previous Iraq games. of all those goals at least 2-3 are due to Hajsafi losing his mark on low crosses being sent in on our goal. If he plays in that position again its good for a goal and we will have no one to blame but ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
      In my opinion, it was Hajsafi's fault when Portgual (Quaresma) scored against us in the WC, he wasn't marking him properly. I find he's such a liability. I'm scared he's going to be a problem tomorrow.
      See it here: https://youtu.be/u8Z3-8t_bsA?t=7
      yep he is a crappy defender too. CQ did make a mistake of playing him over MilMo. I think because he believed hajsafi has a better touch and can control the ball more

Comment

^ Agree 100%. I guess Skocic still thinks that his experience and leadership are more important (I disagree, we have lots of leaders in that team). I do appreciate everything Ehsan had done for our football over the years yet I think he is passed his prime and definitely does not belong on the starting lineup and IMHO on the TM list. In the final analysis, it is the HC's prerogative and there are things he sees and knows that I don't. Having said all of that, I hope Ehsan does not have any defensive snafus tomorrow since Iraqi's will make us pay unlike Bahraini's who messed it up when Ehsan did a really bad clearance of a free kick service into the box (25:57 into the match) and basically set up the Bahrainis for a scoring opportunity.

Go TM!

Comment

If it means anything, Vegas has Iran -1 favorite over Iraq, and an O/U of 2.5

Comment

Agree with comments above. Hajisafi is also a terrible LB. We actually used to hope he play DM rather than LB as he was so error prone. Now he's bad at DM as well.
            Its why when MiMo came in as LB most of us were very happy considering offesnive MiMo is not that good.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
              Good memories - Iran 2- 1 Iraq - and this was when they had
              Younis Mahmood
              Hawar Mulla Mohammed
              Emad Reza
              Neshat Akram

Look what Khalatbari did to them. Hopefully Ghayedi can do the same.

Those were some Dark times

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                Good memories - Iran 2- 1 Iraq - and this was when they had
                Younis Mahmood
                Hawar Mulla Mohammed
                Emad Reza
                Neshat Akram
                Look what Khalatbari did to them. Hopefully Ghayedi can do the same.
                A good reminder of how close Iraq is in terms of technical and physical footballing abilities to Iran. In this game we also spotted some of their antics which we would see tomorrow. Their weakest point is their defence which is prone to mistakes. Sardar and Taremi add Ghaedi can definitely hurt them.
                sigpic
                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                  In my opinion, it was Hajsafi's fault when Portgual (Quaresma) scored against us in the WC, he wasn't marking him properly. I find he's such a liability. I'm scared he's going to be a problem tomorrow.
                  See it here: https://youtu.be/u8Z3-8t_bsA?t=7

I can't believe how he moves his body to the left allowing Quaresma to walk in like a mehmoon. WTH are you thinking... you're supposed to push the player to the outside NOT THE INSIDE.
                  I was watching back highlights from years ago when Iran played Turkmenistan, and on both goals we conceded from them, it was mainly due to Hajsafi not knowing how to defend and failing to mark his man. This guy is a horrible player and god help us during the Iraq game if he plays. I don’t care if at LB or DM, he’s simply not TM material.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    I was watching back highlights from years ago when Iran played Turkmenistan, and on both goals we conceded from them, it was mainly due to Hajsafi not knowing how to defend and failing to mark his man. This guy is a horrible player and god help us during the Iraq game if he plays. I don’t care if at LB or DM, he’s simply not TM material.
                    Whenever Haysafi or Masoud were starting for TM, it felt like we played with 10 men and the opposition with 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                      Whenever Haysafi or Masoud were starting for TM, it felt like we played with 10 men and the opposition with 12.
                      I felt the same way when Mirzapour was at goal. There are certain players that just make your heart go into a scary dysrhythmia, and these three are definitely in this category.

Comment

The guys looked sharp again at practice today. Amiri was there again with no cleats.

Link to all photos: http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/8456/%D8%A2%...B1%D8%A7%D9%82

Go TM!

Comment

Just know tomorrow there’ll be a whole lot of HADAF AL MUMKIN HADAF AL MUMKIN KHATIRAH KHATIRAH LAH LAH LAH LAH SHUF KHATERE HADAF AL IRANI:/ HADAF AL IRANI:/

Comment

^ Hadaf al awal wal Irani, alah alah ... hadaf al thani wal Irani, alah alah ... hadaf al thaleth wal Irani, alah alah alah ... al montakhab ol Iraqi al tamaam ... alah alah

Go TM!

Comment

A few more

Comment

maybe I am wrong and the technical practice sessions are behind closed doors, but there seems to be a lot of focus on fitness and stamina during these sessions, especially in the bahraini heat. one issue I have seen with our team is lack of chemistry between some of the players so I was hoping they would spend more time scrimmaging and working on their passing and triangles with each others

Comment

Working...
                                X