Real time AFC qualification simulator without 5th placed matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real time AFC qualification simulator without 5th placed matches

It took me quite some time, but finally I made a real time simulator for you guys in Excel. I see in various threads that you guys are talking different scenarios, I would like to propose doing this centrally in this new thread.
    I would like to share the simulator with you, but unfortunately I can't add an Excel file as an attachment, so here is the google drive link!
    Please download the file before you start editing!!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Attached Files

interesting.
    why in groups A and B, 4th placed teams are taken out?

and in D, none?

Comment

Ikiosan this is awesome thanks for creating it. I just sent you a private message with my email. Would love for you to email it to me if possible so that I can use it to play with different results.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        interesting.
        why in groups A and B, 4th placed teams are taken out?

and in D, none?
        In group A and B, the 5th seeded teams have been eliminated, but because 4th seeded teams also have 0 points and a poor goal difference simulator places 4th seeded teams at the bottom of the table.
        With 2 matches to go in group D, it is not yet possible to say which team will be placed 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
          Ikiosan this is awesome thanks for creating it. I just sent you a private message with my email. Would love for you to email it to me if possible so that I can use it to play with different results.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          I just send you an email with attached file, have fun!

Comment

Agha, damet garm! Thanks so much for doing this for us

Comment

Originally posted by Ikiosan View Post
              It took me quite some time, but finally I made a real time simulator for you guys in Excel. I see in various threads that you guys are talking different scenarios, I would like to propose doing this centrally in this new thread.
              I would like to share the simulator with you, but unfortunately I can't add an Excel file as an attachment! is there any another way?
              This is phenomenal! Perhaps you can host the excel on a Dropbox or Google doc and share as a link?

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                This is phenomenal! Perhaps you can host the excel on a Dropbox or Google doc and share as a link?
                I just add the Google Drive link!

Comment

And the final round of qualifying may look like this;

Japan, Korea, Iraq, Syria, Uzbek, Lebanon
                  Iran, Australia, Saudi, UAE, Oman, Vietnam

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                    And the final round of qualifying may look like this;
                    Japan, Korea, Iraq, Syria, Uzbek, Lebanon
                    Iran, Australia, Saudi, UAE, Oman, Vietnam
                    Is this if we win our group? And damn this time around it’s gonna be a wild ride considering Oman looks pretty decent UAEs never to be underestimated and Saudis well don’t gotta say much about them. Vietnam could cause trouble on their home soil. But this would be a real test for us but I see our team as the most talented for the moment being plus I’d be so excited for the Aussie match up since the last time we played as far as I know is for the 98 Cup

Comment

And also dont forget that you should remove Qatar as 1st team since they are already qualified as WC host

Comment

Originally posted by JoojehKoobedeh2 View Post
                        Is this if we win our group? And damn this time around it’s gonna be a wild ride considering Oman looks pretty decent UAEs never to be underestimated and Saudis well don’t gotta say much about them. Vietnam could cause trouble on their home soil. But this would be a real test for us but I see our team as the most talented for the moment being plus I’d be so excited for the Aussie match up since the last time we played as far as I know is for the 98 Cup

There is no "if", we shall win ... and Oman, UAE and Saudi will be EASY!!

I really like us to be in the same group as Australia. Since they joined the federation, we have not faced them, thank to AFC brilliant draws! That is a long time! .. I want to the excitement and the test.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                          And also dont forget that you should remove Qatar as 1st team since they are already qualified as WC host
                          Is Qatar playing in next round too, or no? I assume they played this round just for practice but it would be quite dumb to include them in the crucial next round. Not healthy for competition or fairness to just have a team playing for practice...

Comment

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think these matches also determine the teams for the upcoming asian cup. That is why Qatar is playing. They won't be playing in the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by JoojehKoobedeh2 View Post
                              If we qualify then we will be put in pot1 with japan. The pots are based on Fifa Ranking. So it doesn't really matter if we win the group or qualify as 2nd team.

So basically looking at the teams that have good chance of qualifying: The pots will be like this:

Pot1 : Iran - Japan
                              Pot2 : South Korea - Australia
                              Pot3 : Saudi - Iraq/UAE
                              Pot4 : China - Syria
                              Pot5 : Oman - Uzbekistan
                              Pot6 : Vietnam - Lebanon/Jordan

There will be 2 groups of 6 country. They will allocate one country to each group from each pot.

So for example Japan and Iran are in same pot . Japan will be in one group and we will be in another group. We will avoid them.

I think we will get this group from the draw.

Iran - South Korea - Saudi - china - uzbekistan - Vietnam. Lol we always get south korea but i'll be happy with australia instead tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X