• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
    6-0-0 webbie Jan
    Yes you are right. Wow 6tayee ha.. go Dragan go [emoji1130]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      All part of the plan. I asked him. Master psychologist he is. Your reaction is what Bahrain thought in the first 20 minutes and the Iraqis are still thinking. Now with 10-0 Cambodia Iraqis are dealing with self doubt up the wazoo...skocic 》Cq!!!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Hahahaha Maybe this was part of CQ masterplan also..
      We will never comprehend the amount of his genius and the grandess of his masterclass

Comment

I can't help but appreciate how DS is unpredictable. This is a huge asset as teams can't figure out how to lineup against him even between halves. With CQ you always knew defensive tactics and likely one forward. His game plan was too obvious and the same approach against all teams. It ultimately cost us big in AC where we were easily exposed.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Dragon’s planning and line ups have certainly surprised us and perhaps his opponents too. In a result-driven industry football, it’s all paid back so far. So far so good. Iraq is the nearest judgment day.

He’s shown the ability of reading into his opponents style of play and even if not in the first half, fix issues in the second.

Given his mediocre club-level experience and lack of managing top Europe-based players like Azmoon, Taremi and Co. yet doing a great job has also shown that he has the potential to rise to the challenge.

Dragan’s other asset is his understanding of Iranian mentality and emotional outpour. He has used it to the maximum but again controlling these and maintaining discipline against Iraq’s antics will show how far Dragan has improved that side of TM.

Facing top quality Asia opponents at Australia, Japan, Korea and Qatar will be more challenging and we must wait. At the World Cup level, facing Germany Spain, Cameron,… will bring ultimate question, which at this stage none of us are entirely confident of answers.

Lastly, Contribution of Hash and Bagheri with their TM and coaching experience must be recognised too.
          sigpic
          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
            I can't help but appreciate how DS is unpredictable. This is a huge asset as teams can't figure out how to lineup against him even between halves. With CQ you always knew defensive tactics and likely one forward. His game plan was too obvious and the same approach against all teams. It ultimately cost us big in AC where we were easily exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              5-0-0...

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                Originally posted by Mansoor View Post
                Salam doostan,
                I am not going to defend or attack anyone, just posting from a coaching perspective.

Dragan had a plan for this game:

The match was in a hot and unfavorable environment.
                You go in aggressive, and with Bahrainis fresh leg, you could concede a goal,
                and there go the usual time-wasting strategies.
                Our emotions kick in, and before we recover, 90 min is quickly over. Down 1-0, WC run is over.

Instead:
                Start conservatively, control the game, let them run, and lose their fresh legs under this extreme temperature before pushing forward.
                So Dragan started the first half with 4-4-2 flat with two def midfielders, Hajsafi was terrible, Milad was awful, and with this 4-4-2, the midfield was too congested to create chances for Taremi and Azmoun.

The key to flat 4-4-2 is to have two play-makers speeding up the game and opening the space in wings for fullbacks to advance. Milad was terrible advancing, Moharrami rarely did, Ghaolizadeh and Amiri rarely created chances. That was because our wide plays did not exist; Bahrain congested the deep plays very well.

Similar to HK game, Dragan had a diff plan for the second half.

He changed to 4-3-3 with a V in midfield, similar to most of Carlos's games but more offensive. Gholizadeh and Taremi went to wings to create width and more space for Ghoddous and Amiri in the middle to make plays. With Amiri needed in midfield for his runs, he had no choice but to replace Milad with Ehsan and make two changes with one sub. Brilliant and efficient sub, just in case we need more subs upfront.

The plan worked well; we played wide, created space deep, and split the defenders twice for two world-class finishes.

When Amiri got injured, he brought in Saeed and changed the formation to /\ of 4-3-3, also known as 4-2-3-1, moving Ghoddous in front of Ahmad and Saeed. Excellent move since we were up 2-0, and it was wise to control the game and close the middle where the opponent looked a bit dangerous and hopeful. With this sub, it was clear that Bahrain could no longer score, and he basically sealed the game.

Dragan showed three formations in one game which displays tactical flexibility. In addition, his real-time decision-making to change tactics twice is rated A.

He also gets an A for his game plan and intelligent subs. However, he gets a B for not recognizing Milad was not ready mentally, and Milad's ineffectiveness cost us the first half.

He also gets A to have Bagheri on the bench. There were 11 calm Karim on the field today, apparent effects of Karim's incredible role-model leadership. Calm and focused players against a team like Bahrain was part of the reason for Iran's success.

Well done, Iran. Dragan may field some of the reserves to start the next game to keep fresh legs for the Iraq match under this hot temperature and back-to-back games. Perhaps, Karim, Jahanbaksh, Ghaedi, and Torabi.

Comment

So far, so good bacheha... 6 wins out of 6!

Now we must prepare for WAR on Tuesday!

Comment

We have watched Iran's games, but no one can predict 100% which of his systems will be used or changed into during the game. 4-4-2(4-1-3-2 shape) as in the first half of Bahrain or with the entrance of Kaveh in the Cambodia game, 4-3-3(4-2-3-1 formation) as in the first half of Cambodia match, or 4-3-3(4-1-2-3 shape) as in second half of Bahrain match.

I like the unpredictability of his tactics, and I do the same with my team. You have to make sure players learn and train several play systems and use them or change them per need. It makes it difficult for the opponent to counter your strategies, especially when you change during half-time or during the game. All of them can be changed with relatively minor adjustments, but it greatly impacts the game both offensively and defensively. The funny part I like is how the opponent's coach analyzes the first half and have the half-time talk accordingly, just to enter the second half and see the whole counter-strategy and half-time talk is gone to waste with the change of your system

I can see how Iraqi players are confused during the pre-game meeting: If Iran uses these players in this system ... However, if Iran uses these players in this system ... if ... if ... the look on their faces We are tired, it is hot and humid here, the field is horrible, we are worried about too many Covid cases here, and now this ...

It can be another positive point for Dragan. The counter-argument is lack of stability for the players and the team. We have to wait and see.
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
                    Go IRAN!

Comment

Comment

Close this dumbass thread only reason we are winning are the fact that we have great players this coach has no idea what hes doing 70 MINS with 4 Yellow cards and fatigue and 0 subs

Comment

I'd ask when this idiot's contract expires but I imagine whoever is actually picking the team is working hard to get an extension in place.

Comment

He outwitted everyone today. Didn't sub early, read Iraqis momentum and adjusted his game plan and subs...7-0 and undid damage by Wilmot and willed his team to save us all from years of heartache in Bahrain of all places. We are lucky to have him and the arm chair coaches can go cry for CQ since Columbia wasted no time ridding themselves of his defense only tactics.

Comment

Comment

Im also no big fan of him so far...but he got the first job done. Whatever he done..he did it right.

Comment

Working...
                                X