No announcement yet.

Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying that Skocic is doing everything right, but so far I see that the man has a plan. Especially his game against Bosnia was really good and showed his tactical finesse. I don't know why so many are complaining about the lineup in the first half.
    Skocic's plan was to start the game defensively, the fact that the team played nervously was certainly not Skocic's plan to accuse him of not having a system is simply nonsense.
    He knew that Bahrain is still fit especially in the first half, they will close the center and not even give Sardar and Mehdi space to receive the ball.
    Skocic thought to himself, we must prevent that we run a lot with the ball and instead try to reach Sardar and Mehdi with long balls, so that they block the ball and bounce it back to the center or to Amiri as well as Gholi. In Germany they call this "der zweite Ball" you can see it's a causal tacitc you learn at the DFB.
    This is a very good tactic if you take into account the weather conditions and the defensive tactics of the opponent.

Bahrain in turn thought Iran must attack and will throw everything forward will get tired and then they can put a counterattack and Iran gets nervous, Skocic knew this will be Bahrains matchplan.

At half time Skocic realized that his tactics were well thought out, but due to the limitation of some players, Milo, Beiro, Shoja and Hajisafi did not work, the build up did not work, Sardar and Mehdi could block few balls and had to constantly chase the balls, which they received a moment ago instead of being played on, Gholi and Amiri could not get involved either because the center was too dense, nevertheless Skocic's tactics would have worked if Mehdi scored the 100% chance. He rightly brought Ghoddos and brought some new dynamics into the game, he knew now Mehdi and Sardar need a ball distributor who prevents them from having to waste their energy helping out at the back, that worked out wonderfully. I for one saw a very good tactical performance yesterday and could fully understand what Skocic had planned. But as always there is a discrepancy between a good plan and the implementation and actually people criticize the latter but forget about the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Surenas View Post
      I'm not saying that Skocic is doing everything right, but so far I see that the man has a plan. Especially his game against Bosnia was really good and showed his tactical finesse. I don't know why so many are complaining about the lineup in the first half.
      Skocic's plan was to start the game defensively, the fact that the team played nervously was certainly not Skocic's plan to accuse him of not having a system is simply nonsense.
      He knew that Bahrain is still fit especially in the first half, they will close the center and not even give Sardar and Mehdi space to receive the ball.
      Skocic thought to himself, we must prevent that we run a lot with the ball and instead try to reach Sardar and Mehdi with long balls, so that they block the ball and bounce it back to the center or to Amiri as well as Gholi. In Germany they call this "der zweite Ball" you can see it's a causal tacitc you learn at the DFB.
      This is a very good tactic if you take into account the weather conditions and the defensive tactics of the opponent.

Bahrain in turn thought Iran must attack and will throw everything forward will get tired and then they can put a counterattack and Iran gets nervous, Skocic knew this will be Bahrains matchplan.

At half time Skocic realized that his tactics were well thought out, but due to the limitation of some players, Milo, Beiro, Shoja and Hajisafi did not work, the build up did not work, Sardar and Mehdi could block few balls and had to constantly chase the balls, which they received a moment ago instead of being played on, Gholi and Amiri could not get involved either because the center was too dense, nevertheless Skocic's tactics would have worked if Mehdi scored the 100% chance. He rightly brought Ghoddos and brought some new dynamics into the game, he knew now Mehdi and Sardar need a ball distributor who prevents them from having to waste their energy helping out at the back, that worked out wonderfully. I for one saw a very good tactical performance yesterday and could fully understand what Skocic had planned. But as always there is a discrepancy between a good plan and the implementation and actually people criticize the latter but forget about the plan.
      great post, thanks

Comment

If there is one General out their to explan effective tactics, than Surena, ask Craussus and his 50.000 Legions. ;D

Comment

In my opinion cq made one mistake through out his 8 years in charge
          And that was SEYED JALAL HOSSINI not being called up and he paid for his mistake in the asian cup 2019 agaunst japan.
          RIGHT NOW SKOCIC has ti make a huge decision
          On who will play THE LB which exteremly important vs iraq.
          I heard HE CALLED UP AREF GOLAMI so he expanded his choiceS
          Option A. MILAD MOHAMMEDI
          yeah he had an awful game agaundt iraq in 2019
          And he is not the same this time around either struggling.
          WITH GODOOS securing almost a start hajsooti is man out at midfield and since milad struggling
          He is back as likely an option for iraq match
          Which i think its HUGH MISTAKE TO HAVE HAJSOOTI start lb since amiri which as left wing would help out on d is not available and amiri replacememt either gaedi or torabi are not good options to help oUt on D and aref golami he is liability as well i go with plan D would start salmani against combodia and WOULD START HIM AGAINST IRAQ with 5 subs allowed its easier to make this decision.
          Salmani WILL GIVE HIS head for us hustle wise in that game and i wont be surprise if he even assist on a goal.
          One bad decision and its an end of skocic
          And he is on the hot seat on the most important job in asia right now
          IRAN NATIONAL TEAM HEAD COACH
          And a right decision he be our coach in 2023 asian cup as well and beyond.
          I wouldnt risk all this WITH HAJSOOTI
          1.salmani
          2.milad
          3.hajsafi
          4.aref golami

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
            In my opinion cq made one mistake through out his 8 years in charge
            And that was SEYED JALAL HOSSINI not being called up and he paid for his mistake in the asian cup 2019 agaunst japan.
            RIGHT NOW SKOCIC has ti make a huge decision
            On who will play THE LB which exteremly important vs iraq.
            I heard HE CALLED UP AREF GOLAMI so he expanded his choiceS
            Option A. MILAD MOHAMMEDI
            yeah he had an awful game agaundt iraq in 2019
            And he is not the same this time around either struggling.
            WITH GODOOS securing almost a start hajsooti is man out at midfield and since milad struggling
            He is back as likely an option for iraq match
            Which i think its HUGH MISTAKE TO HAVE HAJSOOTI start lb since amiri which as left wing would help out on d is not available and amiri replacememt either gaedi or torabi are not good options to help oUt on D and aref golami he is liability as well i go with plan D would start salmani against combodia and WOULD START HIM AGAINST IRAQ with 5 subs allowed its easier to make this decision.
            Salmani WILL GIVE HIS head for us hustle wise in that game and i wont be surprise if he even assist on a goal.
            One bad decision and its an end of skocic
            And he is on the hot seat on the most important job in asia right now
            IRAN NATIONAL TEAM HEAD COACH
            And a right decision he be our coach in 2023 asian cup as well and beyond.
            I wouldnt risk all this WITH HAJSOOTI
            1.salmani
            2.milad
            3.hajsafi
            4.aref golami
            what did i just read

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
              what did i just read
              There is more where that came from lol

Comment

Someone explain to me how everyone on this sub can pick a better starting lineup than the team Melli coaching staff? Skocic aside, what are Bagheri and Hashemian doing? Nobody on the coaching can tell that Ghoddos and Ezzatolahi need to start, Hajsafi is awful. I just don’t understand…

Comment

Addition of Sarlak may give us some hope given the strength of the PP mafia within TM currently. Moghanlou to replace Azmoun for third round qualifiers

Comment

Yes, great post!

Also, we should cancel the invasion of Croatia for now! Eskoochie man is coming for iraq
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Excellent analysis! Thank you for this. Makes me a bit more confident in the game plan

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                        Addition of Sarlak may give us some hope given the strength of the PP mafia within TM currently. Moghanlou to replace Azmoun for third round qualifiers
                        Khoda az zaboonet nashnave

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                          Sorry to spoil but he definitely doesnt deserve such a thread, at least not yet. The guy jeopardised our chances in a must win game by starting with worst ever lineup (Nourollahi, Hajsafi) among lot of other mistakes. I will thank him when he make sure we have qualified for the World Cup.
                          All part of the plan. I asked him. Master psychologist he is. Your reaction is what Bahrain thought in the first 20 minutes and the Iraqis are still thinking. Now with 10-0 Cambodia Iraqis are dealing with self doubt up the wazoo...skocic 》Cq!!!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

One noticeable positive with Skocic is that his team seems to always do better in the 2nd half. He’s good at recognizing patterns that don’t work/fit the match from a tactical and formation perspective.

He’s also 6 wins and 0 losses in so far as Team Melli manager. His players seem to respect him and there’s a sense of unity within the whole team (players & staff).

I will give the man his credit. He’s done well so far. He’s managed Iran well given the circumstances. I’m not sure how it would have gone if 8 of the European based players wouldn’t be on this team, but that’s not the point. He’s managed his squad in a good way and credit to him so far.

Wish Dragan and Team Melli the best on Tuesday and onwards!

Comment

Do you guys realize that Dragan has a 6-0-0 record so far which is a record by itself. Let's just not jinx him but respect what he is doing.

edit; corrected
                              Last edited by webmaster; 06-12-2021, 01:14 AM.
                              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                                Do you guys realize that Dragan has a 5-0-0 record so far which is a record by itself. Let's just not jinx him but respect what he is doing.
                                6-0-0 webbie Jan

Comment

Working...
                                X