Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
    Is this the thank you he gets after almost independently recording a historic victory for us? Smh..
    Please put sarcasm tags next time

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Please put sarcasm tags next time
      Unbelievable that the man has more TM caps than Mahdavikia..

Comment

Hajsafi's terrible mistakes in big games happen far too often. I think he has attributes that can help TM. But he doesn't appear to be working to improve himself. He makes the same mistakes over and again. That shows lack of enthusiasm.
        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
        نگاه میکنید.
        sigpic
        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I am here just for the hajsafi comments, the only player that has the entire PFDC united

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
            Unbelievable that the man has more TM caps than Mahdavikia..
            He will probably overtake Jalal Hosseini in the next 2 games!

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
              I am here just for the hajsafi comments, the only player that has the entire PFDC united
              Every WCQ campaign we end up with one player which everyone questions their invite and participation. It was Shojaei for 2018, now it’s Hajsafi. No idea why this cycle keeps continuing.

Comment

Every player needs to retire eventually, I do recall most of us doubting and not being happy with Daei in the end (but we did not have any replacement at the time and current level of talent)

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                  I don't understand how he became so bad. He played in Germany, the best club of greece, and another good greek side wanted him last year

Comment

I see a lot of chaps here are comparing Skocic with CQ.
                    Why?
                    Who said compare the two?
                    we surely can appreciate a good performance by a coach while holding another in high esteem at the same time too.
                    It's not either/or case.

Someone said if we follow CQ's tenure at TM we see a gradual but certain progress and advancing quality in the team.
                    I agree wholeheartedly. I started as a CQ detractor in the first 2 years. in the next couple I saw the progress and became cautiously optimistic.
                    In the final year or 2 I was more a supporter than anything else (although I still did have some reservations on minor decisions).
                    But the point is he was given time.

as for Skocic, he has just started.
                    taking over a disheartened, fragile TM that lost two games in the 1st round itself (almost unheard of, no thanks to wiltits). Getting that team to bounce back, while there is social turmoil in the country, lack of friendlies, test game, no funding by IFF, ... and worst of all COVID situation, all of which makes ANY coach's job an uphill task. Even for most decorated ones. Let alone an unknown chap like Skocic.

lets give him a little time. wait to see what he does in Iraq game and perhaps further on, before we skewer & impale him on our pitchforks, shall we?

Comment

^ and to continue, thanks to Mansoor jan, we HAVE TO appreciate the fact that he recognized the holes and flaws in his strategy and team (if it was on purpose or not,only he knows) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HE CORRECTED IT with aplomb and efficiently.

I keep repeating this: many coaches dont or are incapable of correcting their bad tactics or strategies during a game.
                      As a suffering Barca fan I can .... rather painfully point to Valverde and Setien who literally got brain freeze in key games in the past 2 seasons.
                      So I know the pain of watching a disaster unfolding in front of your eyes and expecting the coach to do something while he does the best impressions of a lifeless stick!!!

This is a huge positive for Skocic

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                        I see a lot of chaps here are comparing Skocic with CQ.
                        Why?
                        Who said compare the two?
                        we surely can appreciate a good performance by a coach while holding another in high esteem at the same time too.
                        It's not either/or case.

Someone said if we follow CQ's tenure at TM we see a gradual but certain progress and advancing quality in the team.
                        I agree wholeheartedly. I started as a CQ detractor in the first 2 years. in the next couple I saw the progress and became cautiously optimistic.
                        In the final year or 2 I was more a supporter than anything else (although I still did have some reservations on minor decisions).
                        But the point is he was given time.

as for Skocic, he has just started.
                        taking over a disheartened, fragile TM that lost two games in the 1st round itself (almost unheard of, no thanks to wiltits). Getting that team to bounce back, while there is social turmoil in the country, lack of friendlies, test game, no funding by IFF, ... and worst of all COVID situation, all of which makes ANY coach's job an uphill task. Even for most decorated ones. Let alone an unknown chap like Skocic.

lets give him a little time. wait to see what he does in Iraq game and perhaps further on, before we skewer & impale him on our pitchforks, shall we?
                        whats your opinion of getting another coach for the next round? especially about CQ, even if it's unrealistic.

Comment

Salam Peyman jaan, it has been a while. I miss our chit-chats!

Very well said! I don't think it is necessary to compare two coaches to evaluate a single-game performance unless we discuss a selection and we have a choice.

Dragan gets an A for this game despite his mistakes in starting out-of-form Milad & Ehsan. But does that mean he is officially in the class of Carlos or alike? Nope, that comes with many factors such as time, consistency, managing environment, etc.

We could also compare Carlos to Pep and see so many flaws, particularly in the offense. We could also compare Dragan to Wilmots and make a god out of Dragan, particularly how Wilmots failed to make correct real-time decisions in Bahrain and Iraq games.

By the way, bringing stories of the past let me break this news: a quiet member in PFDC brought Carlos to Iran and kept me in the circle during the negotiation. Nobody knew it, and I did not disclose it per his request. But the story connects to Wilmots and the mess we are in now. During the negotiations with Kaffashian and the challenges of bringing Carlos to Iran, guess who was trying hard against it and wanted to bring his coach instead? Taj! He was a serious opponent and pushing hard against Carlos because there was no money for him! And guess who signed this ridiculous contract with Wilmots and got us in this mess?

Anyhow, I think it is time to let go of the past unless there is a choice. Otherwise, we will cover each coach with the difficult to fill-in shadow of Carlos. Instead, we should judge each coach's performance as an absolute value.

To become a legend like Carlos, you need time and consistency. Dragan is no legend, and the chances are he will not become one unless he continues to pull results with his brilliant real-time decision-making consistently. But, on the other hand, he might be one game away from being fired! Time will tell, but I appreciate what he did that led us to victory against Bahrain from a coaching perspective.

Kheili mokhlesim and miss you. Also, miss so many friends here and ofcourse the one and only Kamran jaan.
                          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
                          Go IRAN!

Comment

So far he has done a great job. A breath of fresh air and finally we get to see TM pay a game that we can enjoy instead of park the bus, give the ball to the opponent and bekesh ziresh under the guise of brilliant direct attack. I hope to never see Cq back in Iran ever again as anything other than a tourist. We can now see what Azmoun and Taremi can do if they don't have to come back in our own box to defend. Of course this was labeled building our defense when it was just dedicating most resources to it. We all saw the defense he built us as soon as he left after 8 long years of parking the bus. Some of our worst performances were under him but we all gave him a pass because we qualified to the world cup. Taking Aleh Nemeh to the world cup instead of Azmoun and Khalatbari after he had already taken 8 defensive mids. Thank you but no thanks. This new Tm is already performing way better than it ever did under CQ. Iraq game will also confirm this. A team that he could not beat will now lose by 2-3 goals easily. I hope people don't come back after that and say we should fire Skocic and hire CQ again. Unfortunately we will be one of the very few countries if not the only country that wants CQ again. Even his own country does not want him and he won a youth cup there.

Thank you Skocic for a breath of fresh air after 8 years of stagnation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                              whats your opinion of getting another coach for the next round? especially about CQ, even if it's unrealistic.
                              all depends on the Iraq game.

so far he seems to be adequate. ..... for ASIAN level competition. At least any team outside of the top 3-4 opponents (japan, SKorea, aussies and saudis)

for the WC, I cant answer. We have on record, to have trusted complete idiots like Branko to lead us in the WC's. So it's not as if we have always picked the right competent coach for the world stage.
                              but lets take it in steps first.

first Iraq.
                              next stage is another level and an eye opener to his capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Mansoor View Post
                                Salam Peyman jaan, it has been a while. I miss our chit-chats!

Very well said! I don't think it is necessary to compare two coaches to evaluate a single-game performance unless we discuss a selection and we have a choice.

Dragan gets an A for this game despite his mistakes in starting out-of-form Milad & Ehsan. But does that mean he is officially in the class of Carlos or alike? Nope, that comes with many factors such as time, consistency, managing environment, etc.

We could also compare Carlos to Pep and see so many flaws, particularly in the offense. We could also compare Dragan to Wilmots and make a god out of Dragan, particularly how Wilmots failed to make correct real-time decisions in Bahrain and Iraq games.

By the way, bringing stories of the past let me break this news: a quiet member in PFDC brought Carlos to Iran and kept me in the circle during the negotiation. Nobody knew it, and I did not disclose it per his request. But the story connects to Wilmots and the mess we are in now. During the negotiations with Kaffashian and the challenges of bringing Carlos to Iran, guess who was trying hard against it and wanted to bring his coach instead? Taj! He was a serious opponent and pushing hard against Carlos because there was no money for him! And guess who signed this ridiculous contract with Wilmots and got us in this mess?

Anyhow, I think it is time to let go of the past unless there is a choice. Otherwise, we will cover each coach with the difficult to fill-in shadow of Carlos. Instead, we should judge each coach's performance as an absolute value.

To become a legend like Carlos, you need time and consistency. Dragan is no legend, and the chances are he will not become one unless he continues to pull results with his brilliant real-time decision-making consistently. But, on the other hand, he might be one game away from being fired! Time will tell, but I appreciate what he did that led us to victory against Bahrain from a coaching perspective.

Kheili mokhlesim and miss you. Also, miss so many friends here and ofcourse the one and only Kamran jaan.
                                Chakerim dadash.
                                Yes, I do, too, miss the debates, discussions and even the more heated arguments of the yore.
                                I guess it picks up with TM games' schedule. outside of which it seems a bit pointless for me, at least.

but worry not, mate. The final round of WCQ's will be upon us in no time. And we'll all be tearing at ourselves, and TM players and coaches with fury, very soon
                                I'm still waiting to see what position Martin will take on Skocic . The man hasnt made it clear yet. So I'm flying blind here
                                and BL seems to lean more towards de-limbing him apologetically.

once we take proper positions on him and TM games, then we should expect the old "royal rumble" in PFDC (rubbing my hands together, grinning)

Comment

Working...
                                X