Clear All

Skovic is 90 minutes away frombeing a hero
    Or
    Chant of
    Skocic haya kun team melli ro raha kun
    Yeah he is very appriciated but if we dont advance
    Its short appreciation which will turn ugly on him if we dont advance
    You know iranians
    there is noo between We dont joke around aboit our national team never have and never will.
    SO YES MR.SKOCIC WE LOVE YOU AND appreciate you you just need to keep on winning

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      Let’s not forget TM has never beaten Bahrain in Bahrain under any coach. Never. That accomplishment goes to Dragan.
      Save some credit for Hajsafi as well. He is the only captain to ever lead to us to victory in Manama.

Comment

Let's not forget Skocic has probably the most talented squad at his disposal. Considering the way we played the first half, he's not utilizing the maximum potential of this team at all. His player selection (including Hajsafi and Nourollahi in the starting lineup) is also very questionable. I don't think he's the right manager to lead us in the next round, regardless if he gets us through this round. He just looks good because of individual qualities of our players (i.e. Azmoun, Taremi, Amiri).

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Let's not forget Skocic has probably the most talented squad at his disposal. Considering the way we played the first half, he's not utilizing the maximum potential of this team at all. His player selection (including Hajsafi and Nourollahi in the starting lineup) is also very questionable. I don't think he's the right manager to lead us in the next round, regardless if he gets us through this round. He just looks good because of individual qualities of our players (i.e. Azmoun, Taremi, Amiri).
          Maybe. I also prefer to think it was psychological...at least that is what we used to call it when CQ would start a team with just 1 striker up front when we could have added more fire power against the likes of Uzbekistan....Skocic knew pitch was less than ideal...heat...hostile environment...AFC corruption...etc etc. I would accept this type of coaching day in day out if it produces similar results. Imagine what could have been if CQ would have played 2 strikers...in his day he had the likes of Azmoun, Ansarifsrd, Taremi....and even Gucci...but you know CQ psychologist Skocic bum...

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
            Skovic is 90 minutes away frombeing a hero
            Or
            Chant of
            Skocic haya kun team melli ro raha kun
            Yeah he is very appriciated but if we dont advance
            Its short appreciation which will turn ugly on him if we dont advance
            You know iranians
            there is noo between We dont joke around aboit our national team never have and never will.
            SO YES MR.SKOCIC WE LOVE YOU AND appreciate you you just need to keep on winning
            Kind of, yeah lol. He would become a favorite if we win vs. both Cambodia & Iraq.

I believe what set CQ a part from the rest was the level of trust our fans had in him. Because every year we saw progress.

Under CQ:

Team Melli in 2012 was better than 2011

Team Melli in 2013 was better than 2012

Team Melli in 2014 was better than 2013
            (Late 2014: the start of young/new blood implemented in the team)

Team Melli continued to progress and we saw results too.

In the 2015 Asian Cup, great performance by 10 players vs. Iraq (but lose again in the quarterfinals).

In the 2019 Asian Cup, 4th in Asia (semi-final exits)

In the 2014 World Cup, 1 point (2 losses)

In the 2018 World Cup, 4 points (1 loss). The most points earned EVER in TM history.

Not to mention that we were starting to play more offensively given who was on the team.

My point is, we just have to trust in this guy to help carry our team into the final round. So far he’s been undefeated (not saying it says a lot) and to beat Bahrain in Bahrain is something Mohajerani/Parvin/Branko/CQ or any other coach in our history has done before. With the help of this generation of players of course.

I say let’s see how he does in Bahrain first. If he does well, I’m not sure IFF would want to switch coaches already a year and half in as coach.

Comment

To all who still say CQ CQ CQ dont forget that in this world also CQ was a very average coach where ever he was, so give Dragan Skocic some time before you say he is a good coach or a bad coach, how is it even possible to judge him after 2 games ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                To all who still say CQ CQ CQ dont forget that in this world also CQ was a very average coach where ever he was, so give Dragan Skocic some time before you say he is a good coach or a bad coach, how is it even possible to judge him after 2 games ?
                Exactly. It is like being so infatuated with past players and constantly talk about them that we fail to see and appreciate the new ones who may actually be better.
                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic
                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I say it every time, CQ and Skocic are incomparable. The former has a 16 year managerial career in a level that can only be described as complete and utter crap and of virtually no notable achievements and, consequently, is a nobody. The latter has a 32 year career working at the elite bracket of the game, working with the biggest names and forging himself as one of the most highly respected individuals in the sport. By all means cross your fingers, wear your lucky socks and say a doa or 10 that Skocic may end up being better but the evidence to hand suggests it's not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                    I say it every time, CQ and Skocic are incomparable. The former has a 16 year managerial career in a level that can only be described as complete and utter crap and of virtually no notable achievements and, consequently, is a nobody. The latter has a 32 year career working at the elite bracket of the game, working with the biggest names and forging himself as one of the most highly respected individuals in the sport. By all means cross your fingers, wear your lucky socks and say a doa or 10 that Skocic may end up being better but the evidence to hand suggests it's not likely.
                    I think CQ did well for us by two consefutive WC finals qualifications but as a coach else where has not achieved much really. This is from Wiki
                    Queiroz has won several awards as a coach in Junior levels, and has been successful at senior and club levels, mainly as Alex Ferguson's assistant manager. In 1998, he authored the Q-Report, which detailed plans to enhance footballer development in the United States.
                    Queiroz is the longest-serving manager in the history of the Iran national team, serving for almost eight years between 2011 and 2019. He is the only manager in the country's history to lead the national team to two consecutive World Cups.
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic

Comment

Definite argument there that his trophy cabinet as a manager is a little bare but I know he was viewed as an incredibly competent and important individual in the Man Utd set-up. Real Madrid was a circus, SA seems like a solid job and then the Portugal and Colombia jobs seem like a miss but ultimately, his credentials are proven beyond doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                        Definite argument there that his trophy cabinet as a manager is a little bare but I know he was viewed as an incredibly competent and important individual in the Man Utd set-up. Real Madrid was a circus, SA seems like a solid job and then the Portugal and Colombia jobs seem like a miss but ultimately, his credentials are proven beyond doubt.
                        He has a great legacy in Iran for sure.
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                          As a general matter, it doesn’t make sense to say the coach is purposefully playing weak players with a weak tactic to A. Get in the mind of the other team B. Conserve players to use later, C. Some other sneaky reason. In a do or die game like this, you don’t look ahead to 2 games from now (even if it worked you’d be stupid to do that as a manager).
                          Let’s be real that Skocic was out of his depth in the first half. You start your best players in a do or die game like this. Imagine Hajsafi had given a stupid pass (which he did many times) and they’d scored before us. We’d be singing a different tune after a great deal of Bahraini grass rolling.
                          It’s disingenuous to say a coach ever puts a bad lineup out on purpose. He didn’t and it wasn’t an “ace up his sleeve” situation. When that backfires, you’re out of a job. The team he started was bad, that’s it. He needs to improve going forward. If he has Hajsafi out there against Iraq trying to “surprise them” and bring in the big guns at 60th minute, we will be in a perfect position to lose. Make better decisions to start. We have a lot of depth, no reason to put out that weak starting lineup.

for the sake of argument, I will try to reply:
                          1- it wasnt a do or die game as the Iraq game.
                          a draw here but a win against Iraq would do the job for us also.

2- it wasnt a purposefully "bad/weak lineup". Hajsafi has been a starter in his lineups many times.

but I also agree there is a mindset that you get your best lineup, try to get the result as soon as possible, so you can sub some key players out to rest/recovery earlier.

what's important is he saw what was going wrong, and corrected it.
                          some coaches dont.

Comment

Please go and watch Michael Carrick, Rio Ferdinand, Sir Alex, and countless others interviews about a proffesor of world football in CQ. We were blessed to have him and it is such a shame we lost him so easy

You cannot compare a Ferrari to this Ford Fiesta

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                              Save some credit for Hajsafi as well. He is the only captain to ever lead to us to victory in Manama.
                              Hajisafi deserves no credit. He has been one of the worst players in TM in the past 2 years and even further back in my opinion.
                              Get him out of TM please.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Hajisafi deserves no credit. He has been one of the worst players in TM in the past 2 years and even further back in my opinion.
                                Get him out of TM please.
                                Is this the thank you he gets after almost independently recording a historic victory for us? Smh..

Comment

Working...
                                X