Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Seriously who care about resume? I prefer to a ramdom guy as TM coach that win all the games rather than Zidane, wilmots.. ect that would fkk up. Having a good resume guarantee nothing, specially in a context like ours
    its not about resume necessarily or what you and I prefer. But to say resume has no meaning is very naive.

For example, if you feel your boss is underperforming, not preparing your company for success and that you as an employee are bailing him out time and again, and then you look at his resume to see if he has experience needed to guide team, build a long term vision, etc and you realize the guy has only a fraction of your own top level experience, you begin to question him (Taremi, Ghoddos, Sardar). Thats just natural and has nothing do with insubordination.

Skocic lack of experience will always in the elephant in the room, especially when you consider his jobs in PGPL were very average. You wouldnt hire any iranian coach off the back of average performances with SNA, Foolad, Khoone be Khoone.

The players who experienced higher level management clearly realize for however much of a good guy he is (willing to really work and be dedicated, honest, etc) he simply doesnt have requisite knowledge or capabilities for them to fully support him. It shows in that after 12 games nobody can name any tactical prinicples the team is being directed to use, just a series of random crosses and hoping for azmoun, taremi link play or occasional vahid run from midfield. We dont have same level of control and structure in our game at all.

Issue is we cannot have this kind of doubt in players minds at WC, or lack of full unity, belief in coach. When we do lose a game which the way its going is when not if, then the team could really crash and burn. Skocic is not giving us big technical/tactical or gheyrati benefits. He did a solid job as a caretaker to get the team through sticky patch of games on short notice and if not for IFF incompetence that would have been that.

And people keep bringing up wilmots as example of somebody with resume who did bad to somehow say we shouldnt try another option if possible. Thats BS...Wilmots was a total fraud who was actively trying to sabotage the team to secure a payout. There are many coaches more qualified on paper than skocic to lead NT that wont try active robbery, sabotage where players basically have to wait until we lose enough games for inevitable firing to happen.

Comment

I wont appreciate any coach unless they make a revolutionary change to our system like CQ did or a coach who gets us past the group stage. What Skocic is doing, yes Ancelotti or Guardiola wont do, but there are 10000s of hungry young coaches who are not known that could take this team and have a goo performance at the WC with us and set their career up for the rest of their life, so dont act becasue nobody famous wants to do this job that we should kiss skocic butt.
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Ok so the narrative now is that we get good results, but we don't play to our potential? Could anybody point out what this potential is, when did we display it and will it het us?

Also could anybody tell me why we happy with lesser result while parking the bus for the last 10 years?

Everybody knows Skocic isn't Klopp, but he, at least for now, is more than capable for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
          parking the bus for the last 10 years?.
          Find this depressing...

I suppose we deserve some things...

Comment

DANESHMAND
            DANEHMAND
            hemayatatttt mikunim
            MORABI GHIRATI
            hamineh hamineh

AHLAN VA SAHLAN
            MARHABA
            lebnon ooo K...
            DRAGON

daneshmand
            motchakarim

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              I'm just wondering whether Hoorad will make a Skocic IN or OUT thread a month before the WC again
              http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...os-Queiroz-Out
              If I decide to do so, I will make sure to let you know Nima jan.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                He is bringing vahid from LB to mid every single game bc its not working!!! Still he hasnt come up with another plan, and ruins team for over a full half...

Insanity is repeating same mistake and expecting different outcome
                Lol ya but this is a desirable outcome so not very insane if we keep winning now is it?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                  I wont appreciate any coach unless they make a revolutionary change to our system like CQ did or a coach who gets us past the group stage. What Skocic is doing, yes Ancelotti or Guardiola wont do, but there are 10000s of hungry young coaches who are not known that could take this team and have a goo performance at the WC with us and set their career up for the rest of their life, so dont act becasue nobody famous wants to do this job that we should kiss skocic butt.
                  I wonder which competent foreigner, not known, is willing to come to Iran (even for tourism, let alone having to deal with the problem we have), have the patience to deal with IFF and get to know our football and players and take them to next level?
                  I think you are dreaming if you thing such person exist and will make us the Asian Germany. Even if, the same people will label him with the same lack of resume thing.

I guess you are thinking about the qatar NT coach that came in one of the richest country of the planet and is getting trashed by every decent euro side currently

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    lke i said he did as he was TOLD .... Like a good YES MAN..!!
                    and nearly paid for that mistake dearly today vs lowly fking Lebonon ...!! until his next key player pulled something outa his ass in the dying minutes to save his coach's hide..!
                    You got proof? Skocic was told but CQ did it to better our team? Man we really need to learn our subjective opinions are not proof of anything and they are definitely not facts lol.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      its not about resume necessarily or what you and I prefer. But to say resume has no meaning is very naive.

For example, if you feel your boss is underperforming, not preparing your company for success and that you as an employee are bailing him out time and again, and then you look at his resume to see if he has experience needed to guide team, build a long term vision, etc and you realize the guy has only a fraction of your own top level experience, you begin to question him (Taremi, Ghoddos, Sardar). Thats just natural and has nothing do with insubordination.

Skocic lack of experience will always in the elephant in the room, especially when you consider his jobs in PGPL were very average. You wouldnt hire any iranian coach off the back of average performances with SNA, Foolad, Khoone be Khoone.

The players who experienced higher level management clearly realize for however much of a good guy he is (willing to really work and be dedicated, honest, etc) he simply doesnt have requisite knowledge or capabilities for them to fully support him. It shows in that after 12 games nobody can name any tactical prinicples the team is being directed to use, just a series of random crosses and hoping for azmoun, taremi link play or occasional vahid run from midfield. We dont have same level of control and structure in our game at all.

Issue is we cannot have this kind of doubt in players minds at WC, or lack of full unity, belief in coach. When we do lose a game which the way its going is when not if, then the team could really crash and burn. Skocic is not giving us big technical/tactical or gheyrati benefits. He did a solid job as a caretaker to get the team through sticky patch of games on short notice and if not for IFF incompetence that would have been that.

And people keep bringing up wilmots as example of somebody with resume who did bad to somehow say we shouldnt try another option if possible. Thats BS...Wilmots was a total fraud who was actively trying to sabotage the team to secure a payout. There are many coaches more qualified on paper than skocic to lead NT that wont try active robbery, sabotage where players basically have to wait until we lose enough games for inevitable firing to happen.
                      We don't have any good alternative to Skocic right now, and with the like of yahya becoming TM, I can see more drama than the current one.

Aime jacquet and roger lemerre didn't have a good resume and they became world and euro champions.
                      Skocic has also the right to progress, will get more experience, get to know his players better. He is relatively young.

Football isn't science nor is linear. Even cq had up and down during his first years

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        I wonder which competent foreigner, not known, is willing to come to Iran (even for tourism, let alone having to deal with the problem we have), have the patience to deal with IFF and get to know our football and players and take them to next level?
                        I think you are dreaming if you thing such person exist and will make us the Asian Germany. Even if, the same people will label him with the same lack of resume thing.

I guess you are thinking about the qatar NT coach that came in one of the richest country of the planet and is getting trashed by every decent euro side currently
                        I mean some kid who is a coach in a 3rd level portugese club. If IFF cared we could put some effort and interview potential game changing young not really well known coaches who want to coach TM for the recognition. It will be a risk but i mean im not gonna kiss skocic ass cuz he is willing to do this job for toman. Id do it to. Give me or u the chance.
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

He’s made great subs so far, I’m gaining more trust in his abilities after every game
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I have been defending most of Skocic's decisions.
                            But now that this frustrating game is over, I'd like to bring up a few criticisms as well.

1- Amiri.
                            This is the third time we see him use Amiri as LB. Then things get stuck in the first halves. followed by him releasing him to move up, replacing him with a proper LB.
                            While this shows he follows & reads the game and takes correct decisions to fix things. This also forces us to ask why WASTE a sub on doing what shd have been done from the beginning?
                            I keep repeating this; I just dont see Amiri as a LB. In whatever capacity.

2. Beiranvand
                            His careless, reckless acts are slowly becoming a trend. And with no apparent reprimand, he continues to act like this.
                            I really hope Skocic benches him and brings in Abedzadeh for the next 2-3 games. I just dont see this as a risk as Air is a very competent keeper on his own.
                            In fact keeping Beiranvand in is more a risk

3. Ghoddos
                            I know we all kept asking for Ghaddos' participation. And yes, he really was bad today. But I put it down to horrible ground, even more horrific weather & windy conditions, plus his zeal to impress.
                            I hope Skocic doesnt give up on Saman. We need creativity in the midfield. And he seems to be the best one we have for that.
                            ANY player can have a bad day. Lets not put Saman under pressure.

4. Taremi
                            I hope we go into the Syria game with the same squad, which send s a clear message to Taremi.
                            But further down the road, his issue with Taremi needs to be put to rest ... permanently.

and I think the whole squad's instagram complaint about IFF under-serving the team was the right decision to point the tip of the criticism towards the correct entity: IFF, instead of individuals (player or coach)

Comment

I mean some kid who is a coach in a 3rd level portugese club. If IFF cared we could put some effort and interview potential game changing young not really well known coaches who want to coach TM for the recognition. It will be a risk but i mean im not gonna kiss skocic ass cuz he is willing to do this job for toman. Id do it to. Give me or u the chance.
                              Considering he will take the job (with a big If), how a 3rd level portuguese is a better option than skocic? Half the forum will kill him with lack of experience and resume and it will be the lottery with very few chance the guy became the new mourinho or even cq. That's a lot of If. And with such gamble we could kiss the next wc goodbye

About the Iranian option, most are drama generator. Even daei that is playing the gentleman abroad with cr7 and becoming a peace nobel contender, come and put his nose in the taremi drama.

Comment

What a GREAT Idea?!!! Somebody call IFF and let them know.

Yes, lets replace a guy who has the best record EVER in Iranian coaches, who is getting results every game, who has handily beaten teams that CQ lost to, who has lived in Iran and knows Iranian players and Iranian culture (and going by the size of his belly, enjoys chelo-Kaboab) with some guy who is working in 3rd division of some league, in the hope that this unknown, unproven guy could be that once in a lifetime diamond in the rough who will deliver better results.

Brilliant!!
                                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Working...
                                X