Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
    You know how when you have a fast car but you still go ahead and add better tires , free flow exhaust (to increase horse power) add a few spoilers to enhance aero dynamics and even lose a few items from the car to make it lighter you enter a race and win, Well this is what CQ did for TM and now Skocic is reaping these “ enhancements”. It’s only fair to say this, as you build on a good thing and CQ built something good when he handed it over to Skocic !…

Explain Wiltits then...

He had the same team handed to him from Quieroz and lost against Bahrain and Iraq.
    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

If we go with the argument that Skocic was handed the best team melli ever because of the hard work of CQ, then how come CQ lost 3-0 to Japan with the same team!!!! My point is that a soccer ball is ghel gheli, and bounces in funny ways and every coach will have unexpected results.

We can pick and choose results here and there to fit our argument and try to "win" the argument, but the other side can do the same. Wasted enegy.

Baba jan, CQ was a great coach. Period. Skocic is a very decent coach as well. CQ will never come back to Iran. Skocic is our coach and is doing a good job. Please enjoy TM's run!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
        If we go with the argument that Skocic was handed the best team melli ever because of the hard work of CQ, then how come CQ lost 3-0 to Japan with the same team!!!! My point is that a soccer ball is ghel gheli, and bounces in funny ways and every coach will have unexpected results.

We can pick and choose results here and there to fit our argument and try to "win" the argument, but the other side can do the same. Wasted enegy.

Baba jan, CQ was a great coach. Period. Skocic is a very decent coach as well. CQ will never come back to Iran. Skocic is our coach and is doing a good job. Please enjoy TM's run!!!!
        That 3-0 loss to Japan has a very deceptive scoreline.
        Goal 1 was from our own stupidty because we stopped playing before the whistle.
        Goal 2 was a bullshit handball.
        Goal 3 was when we trying to get a goal and were wide open at the end of the game.
        Not saying we deserved to win, just that it wasn't a dominating display by Japan. Azmoun nearly scored in the 1st half.

Regardless, Skocic is our coach now and we should support him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Goal 3 was when we trying to get a goal and were wide open at the end of the game.
          Not saying we deserved to win, just that it wasn't a dominating display by Japan. Azmoun nearly scored in the 1st half.

That was basically my exact point. We should not pick and choose individual results to judge a coach's performance.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood View Post
            It's not really a secret. He coaches a team that is significantly more talented than the opposition they play against.
            Was this not so under Cq? Last I remember was we never beat Iraq in 8 years under Cq. We did not beat Syria in world cup qualifiers and lets be honest this tm plays a lot more attractive football than the cq era. My guess is an ultra defensive tactic where you even give the possession to your weaker adversaries is not conducive to good football.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
              Skocic deserves credit, he should however be compared to wilmots or typical domestic coach clown, not to CQ. CQ built this team, and yes he never beat iraq or won at manama but he defeated South Korea 4 times in a row and went undefeated in 6 matches against them, twice being down to ten men.

CQ used qualifiers to build his vision of a team which we saw at WC2014 vs argentina and at WC2018 in those 3 great performances. just because we didnt beat uzbekistan 4-0 in qualifiers didnt mean CQ wasn't getting the result he wanted. but holding Korea to a draw away down a man for an entire half while barely allowing them to attack? That is the kind of team CQ built

I like Skocic a lot, I think he will get us to the 2022 world cup, however, I have doubts about what kind of team we will have there. I get similar feelings to 2006 WC where we will have an uber talented team but only come away with a point or two.

I will learn a lot more once I see us play against S Korea. I know they have been struggling but they have so much more talent than iraq or bahrain it will be a true test for our players
              CQ built nothing. We certainly don't owe him anything as he did not get us anything above our potential or even actual in 8 years he coached us.

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                You know how when you have a fast car but you still go ahead and add better tires , free flow exhaust (to increase horse power) add a few spoilers to enhance aero dynamics and even lose a few items from the car to make it lighter you enter a race and win, Well this is what CQ did for TM and now Skocic is reaping these “ enhancements”. It’s only fair to say this, as you build on a good thing and CQ built something good when he handed it over to Skocic !…
                LOL no it is unfair to say this. Once again CQ built nothing and what CQ built was an inch away from getting eliminated in the last round. Then a new coach came in with an offensive mentality and freed up the top attack in Asia while CQ had Taremi and Azmoun coming to our box to defend and then kick and chase balls down the field. It does not surprise me in anyway how little CQ fans know about football.

Comment

I blame the first goal on CQ. No doubt he was a great and passionate coach, but his short fuse created a volatile situation and it trickled down onto our players. Our players had started hassling the refs way more toward the end of CQ's tenure, and the first goal Japan scored was pretty much the result of all of our players stopping and trying to argue with the ref on a foul which was never even whistled/called.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                    Was this not so under Cq? Last I remember was we never beat Iraq in 8 years under Cq. We did not beat Syria in world cup qualifiers and lets be honest this tm plays a lot more attractive football than the cq era. My guess is an ultra defensive tactic where you even give the possession to your weaker adversaries is not conducive to good football.
                    We had 3 games vs Iraq under CQ if I’m not mistaken. First one was AC2015 BS pooladi red card and then losing 7-6 on penalties after being down a man for 80+ minutes. Second one meaningless closed door friendly preparation for 2018 World Cup. Who knows what CQ was experimenting with. Third one was admittingly disappointing and resulted in 0-0 draw, but we still finished top of group, don’t forget he also rested a few key players that match such as taremi if I’m not mistaken.

As for Syria, 0-0 in a mudslide pitch during monsoon season. Second game completely meaningless as we had already qualified with 2 games in hand

How quick people forget that CQ defeated South Korea 4 times in a row, and went undefeated in 6 matches against them…twice we were down to ten men….

Comment

Thank you X100!

I can't understand why people keep pointing to the 3-0 scoreline / how cq never won Asian cup, yet they ignore the fact that he wasn't at fault in any way. Very deceptive scoreline and unusual events out of his control.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                        Thank you X100!

I can't understand why people keep pointing to the 3-0 scoreline / how cq never won Asian cup, yet they ignore the fact that he wasn't at fault in any way. Very deceptive scoreline and unusual events out of his control.
                        Except it wasn't the first time it happened. Let's not forget the critical match against Bosnia in the WC. With CQ it seemed his game plan was on repeat and when it mattered most his teams couldn't get it done...they either forgot to defend or failed to attack.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Some points I think are relevant:

- Yes CQ was a good coach, but this thread is about appreciating Skocics performances and results.

- We should all learn to argue for what we believe to be true instead of always negating something else to get our point across.

This thread is about Skocic, not CQ. If we believe Skocic is a good coach lets talk about why. If not, then one should talk about it too (maybe not here).

Also: CQ khasteh nabashe. Dastesh ham dard nakone. He was great. But these who is best Skocic vs CQ hashieh is typical iranian shortcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                            Except it wasn't the first time it happened. Let's not forget the critical match against Bosnia in the WC. With CQ it seemed his game plan was on repeat and when it mattered most his teams couldn't get it done...they either forgot to defend or failed to attack.
                            Haji, Ehsan was playing as a number 10 behind Gucci against a generational Bosnian side. Comparing the 2014 TM to this one is comical and absolutely no less than I expect from anti-CQ savages.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                              Haji, Ehsan was playing as a number 10 behind Gucci against a generational Bosnian side. Comparing the 2014 TM to this one is comical and absolutely no less than I expect from anti-CQ savages.
                              Well CQ picked the team. Ok so Bosnia he had the wrong team...Japan? I guess his players needed to go to schoolyard ball to remember play to the whistle, don't handball, and remember to defend? For every excuse there is another prime example. Blind CQ lovers must think Columbia has no soccer pedigree because they fired him before his 8 years passed!

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Since the title of this thread is Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread, let's bring it back on track:

Thank you Dragan Skočić:

- for the great results: 9/9!
                                - for bringing back a more offensive orientation and properly making use of Asia's greatest attacking talents!
                                - for keeping everyone who's not an insider guessing (especially TM's opposition) what your strategies are and for not always playing the same lineups over and over.
                                - for being able to adjust tactics during the game and make impactful substitutions
                                - for making use of your deep knowledge of the Persian Gulf League players and integrating them with legionnaires
                                - for using as assistants and consulting with Iranian coaches

I'm certain Iran will qualify for the world cup once again!

Comment

Working...
                                X