Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khabalood View Post
    The role of the coach is important. However tm doesn't exactly exhibit any type of discernable strategy or tactic at least on offense. Defensively they use close lines, defend deep and the offensive players press. Skocic is getting far too much credit IMO.

Also Wilmots is a clown.
    Can I ask you what you mean by a "discernable strategy"? You are not the first person to put forward this kind of thinking and I am not sure what is meant by that.

If you mean like CQ had a discernable strategy of solidifying defense and hitting teams on counters, or wilmots was play offensively at the expense of defense and score more than the other team, then I guess Skocic's discernable strategy is to have a more balanced offense and defense when playing teams that are around our level...

I guess what I as asking is what does Skocic need to do to have a discernable strategy???

Comment

also ,
      EEESKOCHIE MOOOCHIEE dooostet darim!

11-0-0 after those 2 games

hope we have longer trainingcamps for the next 2 games though..
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
        Can I ask you what you mean by a "discernable strategy"? You are not the first person to put forward this kind of thinking and I am not sure what is meant by that.

If you mean like CQ had a discernable strategy of solidifying defense and hitting teams on counters, or wilmots was play offensively at the expense of defense and score more than the other team, then I guess Skocic's discernable strategy is to have a more balanced offense and defense when playing teams that are around our level...

I guess what I as asking is what does Skocic need to do to have a discernable strategy???
        Even if Skocic gets us out of the group stage during the WC, his critics are going to question him. "discernible strategy" is the latest popular corporate lingo that's getting used a lot.

You know what makes Skocic a good coach? Fact that he realized his starting line up needs to be modified instead of trying to force the same line up over and over. In addition, the fact that he is able to deal with having previous TM players be part of his coaching staff and not drive them out of the camp.

Comment

Jujeh ra akhor paaiz mishmorand / mikhorand / mifrooshan / mi*****

Let's wait and see, too early to tell. Yes I am well aware of his performance including 3-0s against Syria, Bahrain and now against Iraq!

Having said that as Nesfejahan mentioned;

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
          Talented squad is not enough:

Wilmots had the same team.
          Japan has a very talented team. So does SK. They have been getting mediocre results.
          US has a very talented team. They are gasping for air now.
          Many many more examples.

Talent is not enough. The role of the coach is extremely important.

Comment

Reminder:

After Wilmots fiasco IFF realized they don't have money to hire good foreign coach and decided on a coach from PGL .
            Options were Daei , GN , Golmo and Skocis.

Daei : He had political issues and did not agree with IFF terms.
            Ghalenoei : He refused to break his contract with Sepahan .
            Golmo: He said TM is too early for him

It was only Skocisc who dare to end his contract with Brazil and accepted TM job with much more less than what Golmo & Amir were getting from their club.

He took the Job while others had excuses . He is so far winning without controversies , marginal issues and complaining about unpaid money.

Skocic unlike most Iranian coach know who he is and his shortcomings buy he continue educating himself and seek advice from his fellow Croat coaches and improving.

It was the besr available choice and there is great chance he will take TM to WC.

Comment

I am not sure how anyone can not see Skocic’s stamp on TM by now.
              In general I am seeing a lot of similarities to Croatia’s football national team and their style of play.

I think we have improved a lot in the folllowing:

1) Pressing - starts with the Strikers up front who are hustling a lot!

2) Passing and build-up play - 60 metre diagonal long passes, Barcelona like short passes - I am really impressed

3) Counter Attacking - fast and perfectly executed but needs some more practice I think

4) Overall Balance - Overall balance has been perfect!

If we continue playing like this I see us advance out of the group stage at WC in Qatar

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                I supported Skocic from day one, I saw that he is a talented coach who can get result for us. Where are all his haters now? They are all silent and have been proven wrong. Resume doesn't say anything, it's all about talent and being given the opportunity to show what you can produce. 9 games and 9 wins, vamos TM, forza Skocic the great!
                Skocic is no bum. Against Iraq he subbed 2 attack minded players for 2 forwards. When was the last time you saw that in team melli or in the world when you are up 2-0? Most of you and most coaches woulda parked the bus but Skocic read his opponents strategy and exploited it wonderfully for the 3rd goal.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

9Wfor 9G
                  Is it surprising, NO
                  It is expected.

It's not his fault if we haven't Played stronger Teams.
                  Are we going to be surprised if he runs the Table throughout this campaign with 10 wins in 10 games.

Not really, as I said, it is expected.

I just think that our players deserve a few games against higher level Teams.
                  We have a few players that have played against top teams, But, I still wished we could play a few European countries.

Unfortunately, with the political crap in the world, and the racism against us in Europe, we will be Lucky if we get two games against Bosnia before World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                    Unfortunately, with the political crap in the world, and the racism against us in Europe, we will be Lucky if we get two games against Bosnia before World Cup.
                    Don't you think he could get us friendlies against Croatia instead?

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                      9Wfor 9G
                      Is it surprising, NO
                      It is expected.

It's not his fault if we haven't Played stronger Teams.
                      Are we going to be surprised if he runs the Table throughout this campaign with 10 wins in 10 games.

Not really, as I said, it is expected.

I just think that our players deserve a few games against higher level Teams.
                      We have a few players that have played against top teams, But, I still wished we could play a few European countries.

Let's take a look at the opponents TM has beaten under SKocic. We'll find that they won against Bosnia 2-0 whereas TM under Queiroz lost 3-1 against Bosnia. Against Iraq two wins 1-0 and 3-0 versus 1 loss and 1 tie under Queiroz. Against Bahrain away they won whereas under Queiroz they tied Bahrain away. Against Syria two wins 3-0 and 1-0 whereas under Queiroz they achieved two ties 0-0 and 2-2.

So you statement that the 9 games and 9 wins are expected is far from the reality on the ground. Which nameworthy opponents did Queiroz beat in 8 years? Only Morocco, that's it. TM often beats South Korea so nothing new there, TM beat Japan under Ivankovic 2-1 whereas Queiroz's TM lost 3-0. So far Skocic is doing better than Queiroz and i expect TM to continue getting good results.

Comment

Let's take a look at the opponents TM has beaten under SKocic. We'll find that they won against Bosnia 2-0 whereas TM under Queiroz lost 3-1 against Bosnia. Against Iraq two wins 1-0 and 3-0 versus 1 loss and 1 tie under Queiroz. Against Bahrain away they won whereas under Queiroz they tied Bahrain away. Against Syria two wins 3-0 and 1-0 whereas under Queiroz they achieved two ties 0-0 and 2-2.

So you statement that the 9 games and 9 wins are expected is far from the reality on the ground. Which nameworthy opponents did Queiroz beat in 8 years? Only Morocco, that's it. TM often beats South Korea so nothing new there, TM beat Japan
                        under Ivankovic 2-1 whereas Queiroz's TM lost 3-0. So far Skocic is doing better than Queiroz and i expect TM to continue getting good results.

Dear

Not to disagree with you but in the end he will be judged by birth to the WC, I agree with inarsenewetrust
                        all rhese stats are interesting and important only significant and colorful if it result in advancing to the WC.

Exciting games ahead and for sure with surprizes in all corners , so enjoy and have an open mind for all sort of arguments.
                        After all games are to watch for fun and enjoyments

Comment

Skocic is on the brink of his record breaking 10th consecutive win.

Comment

So you statement that the 9 games and 9 wins are expected is far from the reality on the ground. Which nameworthy opponents did Queiroz beat in 8 years? Only Morocco, that's it. TM often beats South Korea so nothing new there, TM beat Japan under Ivankovic 2-1 whereas Queiroz's TM lost 3-0. So far Skocic is doing better than Queiroz and i expect TM to continue getting good results.
                            You know how when you have a fast car but you still go ahead and add better tires , free flow exhaust (to increase horse power) add a few spoilers to enhance aero dynamics and even lose a few items from the car to make it lighter you enter a race and win, Well this is what CQ did for TM and now Skocic is reaping these “ enhancements”. It’s only fair to say this, as you build on a good thing and CQ built something good when he handed it over to Skocic !…

Comment

Here is my criteria in order of priority for evaluating a coach (disclaimer: this is my common sensical approach and is not a complete or highly scientific, e.g. data driven):

1- Results
                              2- Creating cohesion and unity in the team
                              3- Planning - I am talking about all aspects of long term and short term planning including camps, friendlies, match preparation, analysis (both own team and opponents), overall styles, game plan (includes both overall, i.e. strategic e.g. keep possession / give up possession & rely on counters, tactical e.g. pressing, using the flanks, direct plays, three men running, etc.)
                              4- Execution of strategy and tactics during matches
                              5- PR, including interactions with the media

Below is how I evaluate Sko so far in a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being the lowest (worst) and 5 being the highest (best):

1- 5/5
                              2- 4.5/5 (I think he needs to deal with Taremi's indiscretions behind the scenes because they now have happened several times)
                              3- 3/5 (I am being generous considering the COVID-19 pandemic element that creates major complications, I would have given him a 2 if there was no pandemic)
                              4- 3.5/5 (I get a sense that he does have clear game plans and he adjusts, I am not sure about the execution and I think he himself agrees)
                              5- 4/5 (I really like his unassuming and authentic approach, yet he could do more in terms of providing more information on planning and releasing TM lists earlier)

I am giving him 20/25 or 80%. That is a B- since we are not doing a curve like a class situation.

Having said that, considering the circumstances (Wilmotzaster and IFF implosion prior to the new leadership, IR general corruption incompetence and repression, COVID-19 disaster that is continuing, sanctions, etc.), I could have not expected better! I am 100% behind him at this point.

Go TM!
                              Go Sko!

Comment

In Queiroz's defense, this was a team that he did put together with the addition of many new players and legionnaires. It does help that the players have grown in their cohesiveness over time. This is especially apparent with the amazing connection we saw with our front three.

However, it isn't always about the players, as seen with Wiltits.

Therefore I do believe if Skocic keeps it up, he will go down as one of our greater coaches.
                                #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Working...
                                X