• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://imgshare.io/image/puJ2Sf
    Forever appreciating Coach Ghaedi
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I support Sko 100% since he has now earned it. I always new he was a good coach and had earned good results in PGL but I was not sure if he was at the level of TM since his resume was not up to PAR. IFF brought him in as a desperation move after the Wilmotzaster and we all had thought it was going to be either Yahya or Ghalenoie. In fact, Yahya turned it down because he felt he was not ready. It was a risky move that paid off and hats off to Sko for keeping his head down and proving in action that he is up to the challenge.

Go Sko!
      Go TM!

Comment

Can confirm the Skocic doubters are still around and awaiting the performances in the 2 SK matches before getting on the bandwagon.

Comment

He does not have the pedigree to coach TM.

He is unassuming and low-key.

I still find our defense shaky.

He inherited a good team. (the same team flopped under Woolimots)

You cannot argue with results. Whatever his secret is, he is getting results. May be he knows how to motivate players. May be he has way more tactical acumen than I can comprehend. May be he is lucky. May be he is blessed by the football gods. Whatever it is, I'll take it. He is getting results (wins not xG) and THAT IS WHAT COUNTS.

Good luck and more power to him and TM going forward.
          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

I only wish Skocic the best. If we win, what's not to like? I still want to see how we do in the latter rounds and against South Korea, but for now he's passing all tests.

I would also like to say another f*** you to Marc Wilmots. Probably the worst TM coach in history. The man nearly destroyed the best generation of Iranian footballers ever. How could this guy be respected by anyone in world football?

Comment

For those who are more familiar with the technical side of football, what was the reasoning behind appointing him as our manager? His resume was not all that impressive at least on paper to me.

Also has he been showing brilliant tactics for the string of games we've been winning or its just the talent that we have along with some basic management?

I'm not a critic, just curious - 9 wins in a row cannot be luck but I'm truly interested in his background and approach to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by soniq View Post
                For those who are more familiar with the technical side of football, what was the reasoning behind appointing him as our manager? His resume was not all that impressive at least on paper to me.
                The reason was desperation due to IFF incompetence manifested in firing CQ and hiring of Wilmots and then firing him. No time to look for alternatives. The domestic coaches did not want to touch the situation, having to win 4 do or die games. He is the only coach who stepped up and accepted!!! He took a calculated risk. IFF had no other options. And as they say, the rest is history.

If he gets TM qualified, he should get the chance to coach TM in WC. He will then have a pretty good resume to parlay into his next, hopefully more lucrative job somewhere else. A win-win for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                  He does not have the pedigree to coach TM.

He is unassuming and low-key.

I still find our defense shaky.

He inherited a good team. (the same team flopped under Woolimots)

You cannot argue with results. Whatever his secret is, he is getting results. May be he knows how to motivate players. May be he has way more tactical acumen than I can comprehend. May be he is lucky. May be he is blessed by the football gods. Whatever it is, I'll take it. He is getting results (wins not xG) and THAT IS WHAT COUNTS.

Good luck and more power to him and TM going forward.
                  It's not really a secret. He coaches a team that is significantly more talented than the opposition they play against.
                  The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                    Can confirm the Skocic doubters are still around and awaiting the performances in the 2 SK matches before getting on the bandwagon.
                    It's more about proving himself against the toughest opposition. Personally, i'm not automatically doubting him, and at the same time not assuming he's a great coach, ONLY because he has yet to face a big team.

Iraq and Bahrain may have been tough games for us historically, but those are matches we'd expect to win regardless as they aren't even the best teams in Asia (not in the top 4-5).

I'm waiting to see what happens VS South Korea and how we actually play as well + How we defend.

Even with Branko, we beat Japan and qualified to WC with one match to spare but our world cup was a joke. Despite the issues off the field, it was an embarrasing performance to say the least. Just couldn't keep up with Mexico or Portugal (not even close VS portugal) & even barely managed to tie VS Angola, who were at WC for first time and didn't have as good of a squad as us. Terrible defending during that world cup as well, which is what ultimately used to cost us until Carlos Queiroz came, recognized this, and focused on defense - This got us much better results, along with his focus on physically strengthening our players.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood View Post
                      It's not really a secret. He coaches a team that is significantly more talented than the opposition they play against.
                      Talented squad is not enough:

Wilmots had the same team.
                      Japan has a very talented team. So does SK. They have been getting mediocre results.
                      US has a very talented team. They are gasping for air now.
                      Many many more examples.

Talent is not enough. The role of the coach is extremely important.

Comment

Originally posted by soniq View Post

Also has he been showing brilliant tactics for the string of games we've been winning or its just the talent that we have along with some basic management?

I'm not a critic, just curious - 9 wins in a row cannot be luck but I'm truly interested in his background and approach to the game.
                        9 Wins isn't luck but let's be real about who he has faced. - Iraq was the toughest team - If we can't beat Iraq when it matters most then we don't even deserve to be in the world cup.

Wilmost was just terrible, and Even Carlos' losses/ties VS Iraq were unusual scenarios (stupid red card in asian cup & barely losing on penalties / tieing them in group stage when we had already won the group).

We'll see how he does VS South Korea - Even then to be honest, it won't prove much about how we'll do in the World Cup. - That's because S. Korea isn't nearly as good as they once were. They've been dropping in quality.

Honestly if we can't at least get 4 points from them in 2 matches, then we are not anywhere close to making it out of group stage if we make it to the world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                          Talented squad is not enough:
                          Wilmots had the same team.
                          Japan has a very talented team. So does SK. They have been getting mediocre results.
                          US has a very talented team. They are gasping for air now.
                          Many many more examples.
                          Talent is not enough. The role of the coach is extremely important.
                          The role of the coach is important. However tm doesn't exactly exhibit any type of discernable strategy or tactic at least on offense. Defensively they use close lines, defend deep and the offensive players press. Skocic is getting far too much credit IMO.

Also Wilmots is a clown.
                          The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Skocic deserves credit, he should however be compared to wilmots or typical domestic coach clown, not to CQ. CQ built this team, and yes he never beat iraq or won at manama but he defeated South Korea 4 times in a row and went undefeated in 6 matches against them, twice being down to ten men.

CQ used qualifiers to build his vision of a team which we saw at WC2014 vs argentina and at WC2018 in those 3 great performances. just because we didnt beat uzbekistan 4-0 in qualifiers didnt mean CQ wasn't getting the result he wanted. but holding Korea to a draw away down a man for an entire half while barely allowing them to attack? That is the kind of team CQ built

I like Skocic a lot, I think he will get us to the 2022 world cup, however, I have doubts about what kind of team we will have there. I get similar feelings to 2006 WC where we will have an uber talented team but only come away with a point or two.

I will learn a lot more once I see us play against S Korea. I know they have been struggling but they have so much more talent than iraq or bahrain it will be a true test for our players

Comment

I apology Meester Eskocic
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                I only wish Skocic the best. If we win, what's not to like? I still want to see how we do in the latter rounds and against South Korea, but for now he's passing all tests.

I would also like to say another f*** you to Marc Wilmots. Probably the worst TM coach in history. The man nearly destroyed the best generation of Iranian footballers ever. How could this guy be respected by anyone in world football?
                                nice post. it actually gave me 2 ideas.

1. should we start a fuck you wilmots (wiltits) thread? so everybody can send a personal message to him? hmmm?
                                2. we should celebrate the day he got fired every year. maybe someday it will be parades in the capital, with wiltits baloons and everything
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X