No announcement yet.

Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did we not weed out the anti-CQ members? This one seems to have slipped through the net, mods.

Comment

Ehh our defensive is a mess. This coach is average and we need a world class coach for a world class performance…

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
        Ah yes the CQ fanboys. Lose to ISIS in worst Asian cup result in history no advancement in the world cup no problem Mr. blue eyes with a tie here is another 4 years. No advancement again get humiliated by Japan in worst loss to Japan with all kinds of hashieh by Mr world-class no problem sir lets do this until one of us dies. No thanks. 8 years was plenty. Thank you.

زهره دوباره گوزید
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

CQ was great and wonderfull for Iran and we all have appreciated him as well as IFF and rest of Iran.
          He also got paid for it hansomely.
          but he could never beat Bahrain away and Iraq.
          He also lost to Japan 3-0 in the AC.
          He had his time and chances with Iran for 7 years.
          enough is enough , we don't need to praise him any more.
          we really need to appreciate the job Skocic has done for TM.

Comment

^ even though I was a CQ fan, but I agree with what you're saying. Let's not look back and focus on the future.
            __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
            We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Agreed. CQ is and will always be a team melli legend but we have to move forward. Now is Skocic the answer long term? Who knows... But he is 7/7, and that in itself is very impressive.

I think a lot of what makes us fearful of Skocic is that he isn't very vocal on the sidelines, and it gives us PTSD from the Wilmots era. Compare that to CQ who was constantly shouting directions left and right.

Skocic's man titties also remind me of Wilmots so let's hope there isn't a correlation between chelo kabob and poor tactical performances.

Comment

We can’t compare someone like CQ to the current coach. On every level it’s like comparing a Toyota to a BMW. With that said we need change and it looks like we are going to see change. Yes CQ made a good backbone for this team but that’s why he got payed it’s not a favor. Some here are saying that we beat some second rated teams, 2nd rate or not we hadn’t beat Iraq for a long time and at such an important juncture and at such bad odds. So let’s give this guy time and some here said CQ made players, sorry but it’s our clubs that make players not the team meli coach no matter who he is.
                United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

I hope Skocic doesnt forget Omid Ebrahimi and also Jalal Hosseini if they are in form.

Comment

Extend this mans contract!!!

Comment

Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

I was very skeptical of his appointment, but he got us very impressive results so far. Heads off to him, shows that having a small resume doesn’t mean you can’t be a good manager. It’s time to get behind him for 100% now, although you have to admit that he’s lucky to work with one of TM’s best squads in probably 2/3 decades and this team is the result of CQ’s legacy.

Comment

Glad to see the typical iranian BS namak nashnasi isnt consolidating.

We have all the right to give critique, wanting to see bad coaches sacked etc. Accountability is very important!

But we also have to commend good efforts, good results, people that STFU and put in the work. Let's extend that mans contract, stick with him for this WC cycle, and when he gets his rewards we say: noshe joonet aghaye Skocic!

Comment

Methinks this false dichotomy about CQ vs Skocic etc has to end. They both have their strong and weak points in coaching, as do many other skilled coaches. And yes, CQ has a better resume, more experience and probably is slightly better.

But this is not Irans key issue at the national team level. Irans issue is continuity and discipline. We have to raise the lowest lever of our standards and performances. We have to be good to a certain degree that we are guaranteed to qualify etc. This is the most important thing, as CQ always said. And from there we build our way up to the next level, and the one after that etc.

The worst thing that can happen, is if we start hiring these vatani bs low quality ali asghar coaches that come with sprinkles or seasons of hashieh. Except for maybe Yahya Golmohammadi etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            I was very skeptical of his appointment, but he got us very impressive results so far. Heads off to him, shows that having a small resume doesn’t mean you can’t be a good manager. It’s time to get behind him for 100% now, although you have to admit that he’s lucky to work with one of TM’s best squads in probably 2/3 decades and this team is the result of CQ’s legacy.
                            absolutley true. Still, following Team Melli for about those 3 decades you're mentioning, i can also say that the odds to have a quality coach under I.R. rule is really low. For that reason alone i was content with the signing of a coach who knows Iran, Iranians and our football. Combined with what you also (and rightly so) say; with all the talent at hand and the fundaments left by King Q , he can be mediocre at best, but with the talent at hand and lets not forget the will to succeed (you can see that in Skocic his history as coach and hear in his interviews) from both coach as players, it can just do the job.

last but not least, him being open to let in a bunch of big names in Iranian football (in his staff, the likes of Mahdavikia and Hashemian, Bagheri) is not a small detail! He wins respect and trust with the players and molds a tight team.

i like his approach and with the sanctions and I.R. being more focussed on giving our money away to Arabs, chances of getting a quality, European coach is small at best. Lets go like this and see where his passion, commitment & our talented players bring us!
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Each phase a team is in, a different type of coach may be needed. CQ was the most perfect coach you could have asked for at the time he was there. He turned a bunch of egoists with unprofessional behaviour into a unit. He turned these players into real professionals in their younger years. He ruled with an iron fist, which our football desperately needed at that time, because from the highest level of the association to the player, in my opinion, the work was not done at a professional level. Through this education, leaders have emerged who can now lead the team. The cohesion seems to be very big and I can't imagine that indiscipline or selfishness would be tolerated within the team at the moment. The current team is "self-regulating" and therefore Skocic's calmness and composure are a big plus. This has an effect on the players, who transfer it to their game and put on a much calmer performance. Because we were always superior to our opponents in terms of names or individual class. However, the nerve games of our opponents have cost us many bitter defeats because we have not always managed to keep emotions from boiling over. These times seem to be over and the only effective tactic of the Arab teams against us has become ineffective. This can be seen from the fact that in most of the last games against Arab teams, there were no major scuffles on the field.

Comment

I supported Skocic from day one, I saw that he is a talented coach who can get result for us. Where are all his haters now? They are all silent and have been proven wrong. Resume doesn't say anything, it's all about talent and being given the opportunity to show what you can produce. 9 games and 9 wins, vamos TM, forza Skocic the great!

Comment

Working...
                                X