Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    I wish our reporters had even a 1/10th of your itelligence and thought process. Bunch of g*shad, lazy, bums we have who can barely read and write working as sports "journalists".
    Lotf daaree Nokhodi jaan.

Go TM!

Comment

Zahedi, Sayyadmandesh, Azmoun, Taremi, & Ghoddos. On paper and based on potential, I think this is the strongest striker lineup TM has ever had.
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Dragan Skočić Interview for SN

Dragan Skočić
        INTERVIEW FOR SN

ANOTHER CROAT AT THE WORLD CUP, BUT NOT IN DALIC'S TEAM: 'I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY AGAINST CROATIA! LIVAJA? THERE IS A LOT OF POMP HERE ... '

Croatian coach Dragan Skocic is doing a great job in Iran and is close to qualifying for the World Cup in Qatar

Dragan Skočić is doing a great job with Iran. He took over the national team of that country in February last year when he was "burning under his heels" and threatened a debacle in the World Cup qualifiers to win 12 games in 13 games with a draw with South Korea and is practically in the World Cup. A miracle should happen if it is not placed. Along with Zlatko Dalic , there will be another Croat at the world festival in Qatar.

He is at home in Rijeka for Christmas…

- I enjoy it, and as we did a good job, these days are especially sweet with my family. It is not easy for me to be separated, at the moment I live with full lungs… - said Skočić, whom we caught when he was having coffee at Zamet.

- I just greeted Mladen Mladenović , and Rade Ljepojević arrived . These are football friends. Zamet where I grew up and Kantrida are my neighborhoods, all the roads have led me all my life to Kantrida. I have emotions towards Rijeka as a club, but not towards Rujevica. Kantrida is my second home, as soon as I approach the stadium I feel such nostalgia like nowhere else. There I was a kid, a player and a coach.

In Group A of the third round of Asian qualifiers, they hold the first place with 16 points, the second South Korea has 14. The two teams are going to Qatar. The third United Arab Emirates is on six points, and there are four rounds left until the end. Mathematically they are not at the World Cup, however it can be seen that this has actually been resolved.

- We need one victory in the next four games to be sure. The Emirates should win everything, and we should lose everything to skip us, I don't know how realistic that is… I have to be professional and not allow any relaxation. Already on January 27 we play with Iraq and then with the Emirates, both games at home. We will do everything we can to get the job done.

Do Iranians like to relax?

- I like their mentality, they are just an example of a nation that can go beyond its real borders, as they say - they give 120 percent. They have a good character in that regard, and they are not players who relax. They are professional, as many as 18 of our members from the national team play abroad.

What will be your ambitions at the World Cup?

- Iran has never passed the group, so it would be a success if we did it now. We have the quality for such a range. Iran has achieved significant results in individual matches in the previous World Cups, with Portugal playing 1: 1, in Russia losing to Spain 1: 0, in Brazil Messi scored for Argentina's 1-0 victory in the 90th minute. It is an indication that Iran can handle anyone. He was at the World Championships in Germany, Brazil and even at the last one in Russia, he has experience.

Would you like to play against Croatia in Qatar?

- I would, but that would be the emotion of the strongest force. My heart would be divided. To be at the World Cup and lead the national team of 80 million people and play against your country would be really memorable. I don't know how I would behave ... The stands would be full of fans from Iran and Croatia. I expect a real football madness, Iran will feel at home in Qatar, I would probably cry like the late Cico Kranjčar when he led Croatia against Brazil in 2006.

Do you think Iran can beat Croatia?

- I don't mean anything. I would say we are capable and we can handle everyone. I would not go into forecasts.

Croatia would be the favorite, but Iran would have a chance…

- Exactly. Croatia would be the favorite, but we would never give up.

What do you say in three and a half years of Fire from Russia to today?

- The national team was in great demand after such a great success. A change of generation has taken place. They watched the match with Russia in Iran, between our meetings and analyzes we watched the broadcast from Poljud on the big screen. Croatia is again on the trail of a significant result. However, we should not underestimate coming to the World Cup because a lot of big countries are having a hard time breaking through there.

Zlatko Dalic came from the Arab world and became a Croatian coach, do you think that you deserve that chance with Vatreni one day?

- Every Croatian coach wants to be the coach of Vatreni, that would be a great honor for me. About that later.

What is your relationship with Dalic, and he was the coach of Rijeka?

- We have a normal relationship as colleagues.

Now you have arguments that the HNS is counting on you.

- I do not deal with it, I have always had ambition and I love my job. The fact is that I got the opportunity to think about big things. As well as coaching Iran is a big and important job.

You played in Novalja twenty years ago, were you a teammate of the current president of HNS Marijan Kustić?

- No, but we know each other from that time.

Maybe he'll call you one day…

- I am totally committed to Iran. There have been some inquiries now, but I have a job. After that. The World Cup is more important to me than money and anything.

We assume you would like to try your hand at European football.

- Certainly, I dream of Spain where I played for Las Palmas and Compostela. Spain is a country I idealize. That would be my dream when it comes to club football.

Dinamo is the most successful club in Croatia, could you do great things with it?

- I'm not thinking about Dinamo. I coached Rijeka in Croatia and for some time I have no intention of returning to my homeland as a coach.

How do you view the Croatian League?

- I was at several matches in Rijeka, on two or three occasions I arrived at the stadium from the plane. I enjoy looking at my club. I have a solid opinion of the HNL in terms of investment and how small we are. We can be proud of Croatian football. We underestimate ourselves a lot and unnecessarily. As for the current season, Dinamo is again the closest to be the champion, I would say that in the end there will be order: Dinamo, Rijeka, Osijek and the fourth Hajduk.

Do you give the whites from Poljud less chances?

- Less. Although the euphoria and the media are pushing Hajduk to the forefront, I do not see them as someone who would win the championship this season.

The story about Marko Livaj is especially great. There are players in the HNL who have played for the national team more than him, but he enjoys the status of the greatest icon. As rarely as anyone with us.

- Livaja is a good player, especially for the HNL, and he is more emphasized because he is from Hajduk. There is a lot of pomp around Hajduk, so Livaja came out of it. I am glad that Croatian football is being monitored in this way, that the players who are with us are being recognized for their star status ...

#Dragan Skočić #Football #Zlatko Dalic #Fire

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/sn/nogo...pompe-15138183

Comment

Uh oh. Another interview.
          Now some dude will say oh he didn't say we were supermen and can defeat Brazil easily. Now ghahr mikonam va ye mosht kenaye ta Adam beshe!!!!!!!!

Why ...oh why did he do another interview???
          It's like working a minefield !.... Given our delicate mentality!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
            Uh oh. Another interview.
            Now some dude will say oh he didn't say we were supermen and can defeat Brazil easily. Now ghahr mikonam va ye mosht kenaye ta Adam beshe!!!!!!!!

Why ...oh why did he do another interview???
            It's like working a minefield !.... Given our delicate mentality!!!
            of our mentality is so fragile like this then how can we be a great footballing nation

Comment

Very nice comments about Skocic and CQ made by Vahid Amiri on yazdah show (episode 9 around minute 25-26).

CQ made me value discipline but I became a mechanical player who played a specific role.

Skocic gave me confidence to be present and the freedom to for example shoot or dribble and this helped my football decision making on the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                Very nice comments about Skocic and CQ made by Vahid Amiri on yazdah show (episode 9 around minute 25-26).

CQ made me value discipline but I became a mechanical player who played a specific role.

Skocic gave me confidence to be present and the freedom to for example shoot or dribble and this helped my football decision making on the pitch.

Comment

CQ game Amiri the freedom to destroy Pique and several Moroccan midfielders so we’re grateful for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    CQ game Amiri the freedom to destroy Pique and several Moroccan midfielders so we’re grateful for that.
                    Lol yes. Although we don't know what happened after that in the dressing room. Seems CQs temper wasn't limited to refs and opposition.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Keep in mind it was CQ who at the time made quite an unexpected call to shift amiri to CM, and entrust him as primary ball carrier of team in Box2Box role.

Before that amiri was only left wing and even there many questioned why CQ gave him so many minutes, so much trust given what were some subpar performances. But he noticed characteristics in him that made him a great solution for CM issue in the team and amiri big time repaid his trust in WC, and ofc has progressed to the undroppable player we all recognize today.

Comment

Lol yes. Although we don't know what happened after that in the dressing room. Seems CQs temper wasn't limited to refs and opposition.

Yup, I trust Amiri more than myself. He is a man of great character.

We should realize that no coach is perfect and that applies to CQ as well. The man certainly has flaws and having a temper and being a control freak are two of them. However, overall, he was particularly well suited for Iran. He instilled discipline and teamwork and eliminated party bazi and having different gangs within TM. He also encouraged players to go to Europe. We are benefiting from all that he did right now. But after eight years, he had very little else to contribute and Iran was ready for a fresh start...

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                          of our mentality is so fragile like this then how can we be a great footballing nation

I don't know. Let's ask Taremi

Comment

Bump…

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                              Bump…
                              L O L
                              “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Congratulations to Dragan Skočić!

Comment

Working...
                                X