Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread! - Page 23

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,919 Times in 6,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooleh khers View Post
    Agree absolutely. I would add that CQ did not believe in Iranian football not just a player. He did not know Iranian football to put it simply. Also I think it would not matter anyways because at the end of the day CQ is a one trick pony. You can give him Real Madrid and Portugal with Ronaldo and it is the same story. He is a genius in the way that he has made a somewhat successful career for himself doing over and over again what everyone knows, and that is if you park the bus you will allow less goals. That is not building defense. A great defense will defend with 4 players not 10.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Player's develop. Taremi and Azmoun of 2018/19 were a shadow of the two top-class players they have become now. Azmoun had never scored double-figures in a league campaign at that stage and Taremi was still in the desert and hadn't come across an actual training session at club level yet.
    Of course. Players were in primes of careers at different points. Skocic didn't have the luxury of the GK tandems CQ had. A superstar in Dejagah at Fulham, don't forget Gucci, and our LA Liga boys. It's apples and oranges comparing generational teams. All we can make meaning of are the results at the time against the opponents that were available. Rest is agar and shayad.

Let's close our eyes for a second. If you had any other coach who had CQs record at 2 successive WC you would not be convinced he deserved the salary he got. Certainly Colombia didn't find his results satisfactory. Imagine Branko, GN, or anyone else got the result CQ did in Asian cup about Japan...we would all be calling for blood! So what I ask did CQ achieve that caused him to deserve 8 years, millions of dollars, and our blind support. Don't tell me your opinion or subjective beliefs...cite the facts.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,226 Times in 1,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Of course. Players were in primes of careers at different points. Skocic didn't have the luxury of the GK tandems CQ had. A superstar in Dejagah at Fulham, don't forget Gucci, and our LA Liga boys. It's apples and oranges comparing generational teams. All we can make meaning of are the results at the time against the opponents that were available. Rest is agar and shayad.

Let's close our eyes for a second. If you had any other coach who had CQs record at 2 successive WC you would not be convinced he deserved the salary he got. Certainly Colombia didn't find his results satisfactory. Imagine Branko, GN, or anyone else got the result CQ did in Asian cup about Japan...we would all be calling for blood! So what I ask did CQ achieve that caused him to deserve 8 years, millions of dollars, and our blind support. Don't tell me your opinion or subjective beliefs...cite the facts.

Well what he achieved was making us a consistent team. Team Melli games had become for the most part very relaxing, as it was expected that we comfortably beat most if not all Asian teams. He made us believe that we truly could get out of the toughest group in the 2018 World Cup. Even our Asian Cup losses were more the fault of refereeing or individual player decisions rather than tactical errors of the coach. We all remember struggling against teams like North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, etc. in the pre-CQ era, and all the drama and hashieh between players. The team just became more consistent and united than it had ever been. Players mindsets became more professional, and its shown in our Legionnaire count. Even things such as PEC were all the doing of CQ, whereas compared to a coach like Branko, who didn't do much in any of these fields while in charge of Team Melli. Even if we look at statistics only, CQ got us the most points in our history at the World Cup, so I don't know what else the man needed to do for us to recognize his services to Team Melli.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kian B. View Post
    Well what he achieved was making us a consistent team. Team Melli games had become for the most part very relaxing, as it was expected that we comfortably beat most if not all Asian teams.
    Really? Again subjective...some would disagree.

Which of these matches with CQ inspired confidence? He was the king of draws. To be honest his team's were very inconsistent and often played to the opponents levels. Draw China then beat Uzbekistan. Defeat S. KOREA then draw Syria.

Iran 1-0 Maldives
    Iran 1-1 Bahrain
    Albania 1-0 Iran
    Iran 0-0 Jordan
    Lebanon 1-0 Iran
    Kuwait 1-1 Iran
    Oman 3-0 Iran
    Guinea 2-1 Iran
    Turkmenistan 1-1 Iran
    Syria 0-0 Iran
    Iraq 1-0 Iran
    Iran 2-2 Syria
    Iran 1-1 Palestine

And these don't include some of the bigger losses like 3-0 to Japan etc. I think winning 8 I'm a row is the definition of consistency wouldn't you agree? Something CQ didn't do in 8 years.

The idea that losses are individual players fault is also ridiculous as it is a rule CQ fans seem to apply arbitrarily. After all who selects and arranges the team...the coach!

In 8 years and the longest tenured TM coach CQ won nothing. If you truly believe he is so great and did so much for us and advanced us to never before heights then you also believe TM can never win any hardware inside or outside Asia. To me that is the epitome of CQ. Mediocrity is acceptable. I have always said I will judge CQs legacy after AC. I now feel based on results that he ultimately was extended for too long. 4 maybe 5 years was enough.

Onwards and upwards. Skocic we thank you for bringing consistency and hashieyeh free to our beloved TM.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

6. The Following User Says Thank You to O-ZoNe For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,570 Times in 7,724 Posts
    CQ achieved record TM pts total in a WC (it also happened to be the hardest group in Russia)

He qualified TM for back 2 back WCs, a feat never accomplished before in history of iranian football.

He qualified Iran for WC 2018 unbeaten, with multiple games to spare. I believe this is also first time we ever qualified for WC unbeaten, but feel free to correct me if not the case.

So clearly he achieved things never before achieved in our football. This in addition to blooding many young, new players, many in different positions than they originally played, who would go onto become the backbone of the team long after he left. He also encouraged a large wave of iranians to make jump to europe, etc.

Skocic is doing a good job so far, he came in during a difficult period for TM. He still has to qualify for back 2 back WCs (to match our most recent performance we must qualify unbeaten as well), achieve at least 4 pts in WC group to only match the standard CQ set.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    So what I ask did CQ achieve that caused him to deserve 8 years, millions of dollars, and our blind support. Don't tell me your opinion or subjective beliefs...cite the facts
    He set up a system to conducted research on every player playing in the IPL through scouting. His efforts lead to the building of better training facilities for the national team. He built a whole new team and kicked out the selfish players from the previous generation. He taught the team how to play as a unit, and had the team trained to actually play with a clear strategy. He easily qualified the team to 2 world cups without the usual bullshit that we all had put up with every year prior to his arrival. The teams performances at the world cup won respect for our team from people of other countries for the first time. No other coach was able to get foreigners to compliment our teams performance. Due to his success we were able to go from having a handful of players playing in Europe to having our whole squad playing in Europe. He fought the IFF who attempted to undermine and sabotage the teams success and even went so far as to pay out of his own pocket so that we could have good quality Adidas kits at the 2018 world cup.

The same coaching systems (research/player info), training facilities and team that he built is still being used his successors (2 and counting) today.

Skocic achievements are all built on the foundational work of Carlos. Carlos did the heavy lifting and constructing. I'm still waiting to see an actual contribution by Skocic, who hasn't even been tested against a top Asian team yet. Winning a friendly against the Bosnia B team is not a positive result and cannot be compared to facing the full strength Bosnian golden generation in their prime at the world cup only a few days removed from basically holding world cup runners up Argentina to what should have been a draw. Nobody should care about beating the likes of Iraq. Iraq are BELOW US IN QUALITY. Winning 8, 9, 10 in a row is what TM should be achieving given the clear talent superiority on hand right now. Carlos was achieving similar results at the WC qualification stage and qualifying the team without issue or conceding a goal (until we had already qualified) if I remember correctly.

Btw, Skocic will face the same problems Carlos had at the tournament level where the team decides not to play to let (the other team) Japan win, or Taremi decides to forget how to repeatedly score from 1 meter away from the goal. Other types of bullshit cheating with red cards ect will happen too. That's a feature of Iranian football and the shenanigans and poor results won't end until regime change is achieved.
    The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Really? Again subjective...some would disagree.
    Which of these matches with CQ inspired confidence? He was the king of draws. To be honest his team's were very inconsistent and often played to the opponents levels. Draw China then beat Uzbekistan. Defeat S. KOREA then draw Syria.
    Iran 1-0 Maldives
    Iran 1-1 Bahrain
    Albania 1-0 Iran
    Iran 0-0 Jordan
    Lebanon 1-0 Iran
    Kuwait 1-1 Iran
    Oman 3-0 Iran
    Guinea 2-1 Iran
    Turkmenistan 1-1 Iran
    Syria 0-0 Iran
    Iraq 1-0 Iran
    Iran 2-2 Syria
    Iran 1-1 Palestine

And these don't include some of the bigger losses like 3-0 to Japan etc. I think winning 8 I'm a row is the definition of consistency wouldn't you agree? Something CQ didn't do in 8 years.
    The idea that losses are individual players fault is also ridiculous as it is a rule CQ fans seem to apply arbitrarily. After all who selects and arranges the team...the coach!
    In 8 years and the longest tenured TM coach CQ won nothing. If you truly believe he is so great and did so much for us and advanced us to never before heights then you also believe TM can never win any hardware inside or outside Asia. To me that is the epitome of CQ. Mediocrity is acceptable. I have always said I will judge CQs legacy after AC. I now feel based on results that he ultimately was extended for too long. 4 maybe 5 years was enough.
    Onwards and upwards. Skocic we thank you for bringing consistency and hashieyeh free to our beloved TM.
    Some below average and below our level results from the 'best coach we have had'. People have lost all sense. We have someone from Sharif who can't read or count anymore. I wont name him but let's call him damaagh. Like you and many others I too supported him and gave him the benefit of doubt and had he won an Asian cup or even had he went to the finals or had he advanced from the world cup group I would have given him his credit but his report card is in now and looking back I regret ever giving him a chance after his Asian Cup loss to Iraq also known as *** edited***at the time. Imagine playing defensively and not getting any results. Cq failed so did damagh after coming out of one of the best universities in the world to become a pizza delivery guy.

Warned for edited part! This type of name referring to another country is uncalled for!
    Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 09-19-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Yeah, uh, sooo...Skocic got us to #22 in the world. Anyone know how high we might rise after winning the next 2 games in October? There used to be a website that did such, but I can't see where to find it.

Also, Transfer Market has an interesting rankings list (from last month) with the value of each team. It appears to be that European teams are greatly overvalued, with Asian, African and North American teams being far undervalued according to their results and rankings.: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,919 Times in 6,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooleh khers View Post
    Some below average and below our level results from the 'best coach we have had'. People have lost all sense. We have someone from Sharif who can't read or count anymore. I wont name him but let's call him damaagh. Like you and many others I too supported him and gave him the benefit of doubt and had he won an Asian cup or even had he went to the finals or had he advanced from the world cup group I would have given him his credit but his report card is in now and looking back I regret ever giving him a chance after his Asian Cup loss to Iraq also known as ISIS at the time. Imagine playing defensively and not getting any results. Cq failed so did damagh after coming out of one of the best universities in the world to become a pizza delivery guy.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

Taz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Members who have read this thread : 331

You do not have permission to view the list of names.