Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED TABLE best 2nd place Which 5 teams will advance to 3rd round of asia wcq 2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
    Let me put it this way! If it comes to a point that a single draw against lebanon would kick us out, South korea will do it without any hesitation.

A.) They hate us
    B.) They would avoid us and japan by getting a draw
    C.) The hardest opponent that they will get would be either Australia or Saudi arabia !
    D.) Very very very very easy path to world cup.
    I could see Central and West Asian teams do that, but I don't think South Koreans would do that. Yes they have a rivalry with us, but they don't actually hate us.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      I could see Central and West Asian teams do that, but I don't think South Koreans would do that. Yes they have a rivalry with us, but they don't actually hate us.
      South koreans have shown that they could be as dirty as West Asian! haven't forgot what they did back in 2014? The changing rooms? the fights? the way they treated us in south korea?

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
        Dadash these are good points but I don't think they are thinking as deep as we are. They just want to win, point blank period. They aren't thinking "oh if we give away the game to lebanon we can kick Iran out!" I guarantee they aren't even thinking about our group. They have one goal and that is to beat Lebanon and win the remainder of their games.

They will not lose to Lebanon in Korea, I can guarantee it
        I think S.Koreans expect us anyways to defeat Iraq and qualify as the first place team.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
          South koreans have shown that they could be as dirty as West Asian! haven't forgot what they did back in 2014? The changing rooms? the fights? the way they treated us in south korea?
          Of course, but I wouldn't expect them to throw a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
            They will not lose to Lebanon in Korea, I can guarantee it
            Again A draw would be fine , they don't have to lose. South korean have already planned for next stage. So trust me they do think about other groups.

They would play their B team .

Comment

Also one thing, people keep missing is that lebanon already managed to get a draw out of South korea in lebanon. So what makes you think that south korea wouldn't feild their B team against lebanon and lebanon can't get a draw out of them?

Comment

Plus we saved their butts in WCQ 2018 when we didn't let Syria defeating us and taking their spot! So they ow us a win over Lebanon.

Comment

Korea will go for the win just like we'd expect Team Melli to go for the win. Even if we tried new players, right?

The beauty of that one group is they play earlier so at least we'll know prior to Tuesday!

Comment

I know about the “benefits” for South Korea to draw Lebanon but I still doubt they Would do it on purpose. Even USA beat Panama so that Mexico could qualify for the World cup 2014, and their rivalry is much bigger than Iran and South Koreas.
                    I get the point and I Can see the Logic, but I really dont Think they are thinking that deep about it. Plus, they play before us, so they dont know if we Will win and qualify without their help. I wish Turkmenistan win tomorrow so we could find out

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
                      I know about the “benefits” for South Korea to draw Lebanon but I still doubt they Would do it on purpose. Even USA beat Panama so that Mexico could qualify for the World cup 2014, and their rivalry is much bigger than Iran and South Koreas.
                      I get the point and I Can see the Logic, but I really dont Think they are thinking that deep about it. Plus, they play before us, so they dont know if we Will win and qualify without their help. I wish Turkmenistan win tomorrow so we could find out
                      Even if South Korea played a B-team versus Lebanon, those South Korean players want to replace the players on the A-team and will play 100% and try to impress.

Comment

Korea wont draw lebanon on purpose. the players want to win, they can care less about who they face next round

saudi arabia, on the other hand, cant trust them with anything.

Comment

Group "A" ****China will definitely be in ( 13 points)
                          Group "B" ****Jordan out (10 points)
                          Group "C"*****Iraq in (11 points) " will loose to Iran 2-0
                          Group "D"*****Uzbekistan out (9 points)
                          Group "E"*****Oman in (12 points)
                          Group "F"*****Tajikistan out (7 points)
                          Group "G"*****Vietnam in (11 points)
                          Group "H"*****Lebanon in (13 points)
                          Iran needs to beat Iraq, a Tie is not enough to make it to next round

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
                            I really dont believe that South Korea Will loose on purpose just to get us knocked out. And they even play before us, so even if they dont win, its not sure that we Will get knocked out. Son aint sitting at home thinking about us. They are proffesionals who play for the pride og their country. And some players are playing for a place in the starting 11. Lets hope Turkmenistan helps us tomorrow
                            These are naive people that think every country is out to get us. People need to ask themselves if we play all of our games based on a strategy of eliminating other teams. South Korea has future plans far more important than seeing Iran get eliminated. And yet we have posters here who think that the South Korean football program has only one objective and that is to eliminate Iran

Sometimes teams may collude if the outcome directly affects them, but they don't throw a game just to eliminate another nation, that's just plain silly
                            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                              These are naive people that think every country is out to get us. People need to ask themselves if we play all of our games based on a strategy of eliminating other teams. South Korea has future plans far more important than seeing Iran get eliminated. And yet we have posters here who think that the South Korean football program has only one objective and that is to eliminate Iran

Sometimes teams may collude if the outcome directly affects them, but they don't throw a game just to eliminate another nation, that's just plain silly
                              Well south korea will get much easier opponents in next round if they kick us out. They will be put in pot 1 next to japan. Just saying. They would feild their B team against lebanon <-- just watch when they do that .

Btw we shouldn't even think about becoming the 2nd team in our group we should go for the win regardless of other results in other groups.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post

We don't play every game thinking about some body out, but if it was the last game, we were already in, and could knock out Korea or Saudi's, I would have second Thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X