Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Hong Kong; Info, Updates & Live Reports (03.06.21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, I hope TM is taking every game seriously. Every game is a final. Yes, Bahrain and Iraq are the top 2 in the group right now, but even Hong Kong can have a decent day.

Comment

^ This comment above 👆🏼

Comment

Boys in the building!!

https://www.facebook.com/Kooora.Iran...8039293448282/

Comment

Dumb question:
          Just to confirm, all our 4 games are going to be played in Bahrain, right?

If so, we can at least leave out travel exhaustion between rapid-fire games. Especially the back and forth we used to have between east and west asia.

That frees up the hands of the coach to allow PROPER rest days (traveling and airports and ... are not ideal for rest/recovery even if the player doesnt actually play the match) for key players.

The class and talent discrepancy between our team and both bahrain & iraq should make it a very probable table-topping end for us.
          (Barring the typical & routine arab shinanigans, that is)

Comment

Would I be correct in assuming 5 subs per game??? We should use all 5 every game.... If we are comfortably ahead by half time in the Hong Kong game, I would sub 4 players at half time or very early second half.

Comment

I am glad that TM coach chosen Bagheri as his assistant. Bagheri has extensive experience as a coach and TM player playing in very bad weather condition similar to Bahrain's hot and humid June weather. Hopefully Bagheri wil help TM coach to employ tactics similar to those performed by PP in AFC club championship inIndia. That is TM players must preserver their energy and use their head by following coaches instructions and not to play selfish. Go TM .....

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                Would I be correct in assuming 5 subs per game??? We should use all 5 every game.... If we are comfortably ahead by half time in the Hong Kong game, I would sub 4 players at half time or very early second half.
                That would work against Cambodia, but not Hong Kong. We only beat them 2-0 last time and they were able to manage a draw with Bahrain... I'm sure TM will have the strongest line up possible against HK and have a normal subbing tactic starting around the 60-65th minute with the first sub.

Comment

Anyone know who / if anyone owns the US broadcasting rights for our qualifiers?

Comment

Hong kong has a big saying who will advance to the next round since they play iran,iraq and bahrain.
                    During the 2002 wcq
                    Ksa fa paid the salary of bahrain coach which is not illegal in soccer for one fed pay another fed headcoach salary.(maybe rules have changed since)
                    I think what said
                    Some people can write a book over my sentence.

If hk is not under bahrain influenced
                    Both iraq and bahrain can lose points to them as 2nd level arab teams always had difficulty against 2nd level east asian teams.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                      That would work against Cambodia, but not Hong Kong. We only beat them 2-0 last time and they were able to manage a draw with Bahrain... I'm sure TM will have the strongest line up possible against HK and have a normal subbing tactic starting around the 60-65th minute with the first sub.
                      Ostad, I said if we are comfortably ahead by half time. I guess it depends on my definition of comfortably ahead... If we are up 3-0 or better, I would sub 4 players at half time. If 2-0, maybe starting 55th minute, I would sub a new player every 5 minutes... I am not trying to underestimate Hong Kong, I am trying to solve for how to keep our forwards and midfielders healthy and fresh for the Bahrain game given hot and humid conditions and the fact that we go every 3 days.

Comment

This Hong Kong team should not be underestimated but their team has some glaring deficiencies(as do we) that need to be capitalized on.

The most obvious is that their likely 2 starting cemterbacks are 35 and 37. Pace can be crucial in exploiting them. Their most capped midfielder is 38 and their newly naturalized DM is 32.
                        Physically we should look to dominate.

I think Bahrain struggled to dominate them physically and couldnt finish their chances last time. I doubt Hong Kong pulls it off again, but if Iraq ties Tajikistan I dont see why Hong Kong can't give us a helping hand as well

Comment

Two of Hong Kong's naturalized strikers who were called up to the camp have left:
                          Fernando and Sandro

1 due to injury, 1 due to club selection reasons.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_K...#Current_squad

Comment

^ Here is the Iran vs. Hong Kong full match from last time. I remember Hong Kong players were also very aggro in that match.

Comment

Side note, anybody know a reliable place to find the full match reply without spoilers

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                                Side note, anybody know a reliable place to find the full match reply without spoilers
                                This channel seems to show all Hong Kong NT match replays w/o spoilers, maybe will have one for Iran match: https://www.youtube.com/c/numberball12/videos

Comment

Working...
                                X