Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Hong Kong; Info, Updates & Live Reports (03.06.21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The venue will not change, so at this point filing a complaint wil do nothing but create distraction for the team.
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

The only positive is that the rising covid numbers eliminates chances that they cant sneak in fans like origininally thought

Comment

Time to show all four opponents what we are made of on the pitch. We should treat every match like a final and win them all. That's the way true champions behave. We shall go to the next stage of qualifying with vigor and we shall leave everything on the pitch.

Go TM!

Comment

My Starting XI for Hong Kong match:

--------------------------Taremi---Azmoun--------------------

-----------------------------Gholizadeh------------------------

------------------------Ghoddos---Ebrahimi-------------------

-----------------------------Ezatolahi--------------------------

-----Mohammadi--Khalilzadeh---Kanaani--Moharrami-------

----------------------------Abedzadeh--------------------------

Comment

^ I like that starting 11!
            im really torn between Abedzadeh and Beiranvand for the starting goalkeeper!
            Abedzadeh is in form and a great goalie, and Beira is great but not in 100 % form eaven though he had some great games aswell for his club. But he has ben dropped as 1 goalie and havnt played for a while and also had some weaker games aswell. Thing is I dont know how in sync Abedzadeh is with the defenders and now its so limited time at the camp, while Beira is used to playing with them. This is a coinflip for me. Hope Scokic really tests them both hard and has a competition between them both. If Beira was in top form and played regularely id never change him at this crucial point but now i dont know..
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
              ^ I like that starting 11!
              im really torn between Abedzadeh and Beiranvand for the starting goalkeeper!
              Abedzadeh is in form and a great goalie, and Beira is great but not in 100 % form eaven though he had some great games aswell for his club. But he has ben dropped as 1 goalie and havnt played for a while and also had some weaker games aswell. Thing is I dont know how in sync Abedzadeh is with the defenders and now its so limited time at the camp, while Beira is used to playing with them. This is a coinflip for me. Hope Scokic really tests them both hard and has a competition between them both. If Beira was in top form and played regularely id never change him at this crucial point but now i dont know..
              I rate Beiranvand, I really do. Against Syria he showed that he still has it, regardless if he is benched for this club. On the other hand Abedzadeh had an outstanding season for his club in Portugal. To be completely honest with you, I am open to any of them starting as GK and I won't lose sleep if one starts over the other.

What I will lose sleep over is if Hajsafi starts! (In which case he most likely will )

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                I rate Beiranvand, I really do. Against Syria he showed that he still has it, regardless if he is benched for this club. On the other hand Abedzadeh had an outstanding season for his club in Portugal. To be completely honest with you, I am open to any of them starting as GK and I won't lose sleep if one starts over the other.
                What I will lose sleep over is if Hajsafi starts! (In which case he most likely will )
                I agree 100 %

im waiting with my 11 since i havnt decided yet, do i want to pach the midfield and centre of the field or do i want to have the flanks with 2 wing players.. maybe different approach for different games. If i remember Iraq game, they were strong on the flanks, maybe wilmotz lack of tactics made that impression stronger but still, maybe having a high pressure in that game in periods (not constant due to the heat) and then play balanced and controlling the midfield, switching between 3-5-2/-3-4-3 and 5-4-1 while vs bahrain playing 4-4-2 all the way..

i dont know maybe the formation doesnt matter as much as the mentality and balance, and that the team doesnt have time to train different formations, but thats how my mind goes for the moment.

anyone recall how the formation was in our friendlies?
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Team Melli goes into every match with the intent of scoring as many goals, I repeat, as many goals as they can against ALL opponents.

Carlos Queiroz knew about this in June 2013 and we all saw the strange results after we beat Korea 1-0. It’s been said that Jose Mourinho wanted his teams to continue to score and never hold back on attacking.

I say Dragan Skocic needs to take from his fellow Portuguese colleagues on the importance of GD and realize that these are snakes running AFC with pocket full of Arab money. They will do anything and everything to have their pathetic teams into the final round (not Iraq, respect to Iraq despite our rivalry. But even Iraq isn’t as shitty as the rest). Be aware! Score as many goals as possible! Utilize Asia’s top forwards as best as you can!

Comment

will there be V.A.R. in the qualifiers?
                    dont know if its better or worse with V.A.R. due to the corruption in AFC..
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                      will there be V.A.R. in the qualifiers?
                      dont know if its better or worse with V.A.R. due to the corruption in AFC..
                      Good question. Not sure. Historically though, VAR has not been kind to Iran (aka WC 2018). And you can bet your next paycheck the refs will use it against Iran to advance AFC's agenda.

Comment

I fully expect a very limp game against hong kong, but still getting 3 point just from low quality of our opponents.
                        Luckily the back to back nature of these games sort of makes it so that we be 'warmed up' by the time we face Iraq.
                        For me, must start include: Azmoun, Taremi, Gholizadeh, Ezatollahi, Moharrami, Mohammadi. The rest I dont care too much.

Must NOT start include: Hajsafi, Kanaani (we've already seen how knob headed this guy can be and I really dont rate him, have watched a lot of his play and it is about at Asian football level nothing more), Ansarifard (hasn't done anything to start over our other forwards), Noorollahi (way better midfield options available).

Unfortunately i think all of the 'must not start' players will be featured.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                          I fully expect a very limp game against hong kong, but still getting 3 point just from low quality of our opponents.
                          Luckily the back to back nature of these games sort of makes it so that we be 'warmed up' by the time we face Iraq.
                          For me, must start include: Azmoun, Taremi, Gholizadeh, Ezatollahi, Moharrami, Mohammadi. The rest I dont care too much.

Must NOT start include: Hajsafi, Kanaani (we've already seen how knob headed this guy can be and I really dont rate him, have watched a lot of his play and it is about at Asian football level nothing more), Ansarifard (hasn't done anything to start over our other forwards), Noorollahi (way better midfield options available).

Unfortunately i think all of the 'must not start' players will be featured.
                          Thank you....finally I’m not the only one here concerned about kanani

It’s shocking to me how many ppl here include him in their “lists” and XI’s....the guy is pure garbage and a total liability in a very crucial spot. He should not be anywhere near TM.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

------------------------Taremi-------Azmoun-----------------

--------Gholizadeh-----------Ghoddos--------------JB--------

------------------------Karimi---------Ebrahimi---------------

---------Mohammadi-----Khalilzadeh------Kanaani----------

----------------------------Abedzadeh-------------------------

OR

---------------------------Azmoun-----------------------------

-----------Taremi-----------Gholi--------MEHRDAD MO-------

-----------------------Ezzi---------Ebrahimi-------------------

----MOM-----Khalilzadeh------Kanaani------Moharam------

----------------------------Abedzadeh-------------------------

Comment

Take Perpolis against Bahrain and Iraq. If perpolis has gone to final of ACL twice they win Bahrain and Iraq too.

Comment

Well, this is the last world cup with 4 teams/group and after this it feels like world cup is dead.. or atleast a whole new turnament.. its going to be 3 teams/group with 2 advancing. 48 teams participating..

On January 10, 2017, the FIFA Council voted unanimously to expand to a 48-team tournament.[3]
                                The tournament will open with a group stage consisting of 16 groups of three teams, with the top two teams progressing from each group to a knockout tournament starting with a round of 32 teams.[11]

The number of games played overall will increase from 64 to 80, but the number of games played by finalists remains at seven, the same as with 32 teams. Each team will play one fewer group match than under the previous format, compensating for the additional knockout round. The tournament will also be completed within 32 days, the same as previous 32-team tournaments.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2026_FIFA_World_Cup

sometimes i wonder if this is cuz of all the bettingcompanies sponsring and so on.. and corruption all these europa conference league and nations league games pop up, and now 48 teams giving us more games/groupes.. so that there will be more betting and money pouring in.. just a theory, feels like football is getting draned and ruined..
                                there is national federations sponsored by national betting companies, resulting in that there is a possibility that they can lobby and that they can affect how the national federations vote in these things.

So I look forward to us getting through this qualifying stage and i will enjoy this world cup like its the last world cup.. since it probably is, atleast like we know it anywayz.
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X