Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Hong Kong; Info, Updates & Live Reports (03.06.21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
    You just brought back lots of memories for me. I remember my uncle and most people in iran saying mahdavikia is saving his leg for his club and not giving shit about team melli anymore. They also said the same thing about other players. I also remember in 2006 they used to say that Daei is in charge and the coach has no power.

However this time its a total different scenario. Our players are thirsty for various reasons. Gholizade is thirsty to show his ability in TM, Azmoun is thirsty to increase his goals, Ghoddos is raised in france and doesn't have that kind of attitute, Omid ebrahimi is the most "be gheirat" player that we have, Ezza really wants to show that he deserves team melli spot and also his club is not that great . PAG is not really looking forward to join any big european clubs so he has no reason to save his leg. The list goes on....

Our only problem is the lack of organization . No one knows how we gonna play and which format we're gonna play with.
    There are some players i will never forgive even on my death bed. You mentioned something this is good time to get this off my chest

1.ali karimi
    Ali karimi is responsible for a lot of failure in our national team in a era which we had talents like no other WE FAILED TO WIN ASIAN CUPS qualify to 2010 wc and destroying our 2006 team.yeah our foundation sux to begain with but karimi refusal to play for team melli in his prime for wcq2010 tm team, splitting the locker room in 2006 wc For going against daie(daie was bronko choice ) and being out of shape For 2007 asian cups,will never ever forgive him as a perspolisi o am ashamed for him wearing our uniform.

2.khodad azizi
    Another cancer if there is one.He is reaponsible for 2000 lebnon ac and failed to reach 2002 wc and failed to win 2004 ac.
    After his goal against Australia instead of taking his game to a different level with talent he had he choiced to be cancer .if he did not caused all those drama in 2000 ac,and was on the team in his prime in 2002wcq and 2004 asian cup
    We would of won 1 of those asian cups and 2002
    In his prime he was not around.

BOTH KARIMI and azizi act like god fathers now
    And for the new generation are gods BUT for real soccer fans they are nothing but cancers.
    I hope we never ever have players like them 2 again DISGRACEFUL to our uniform.

In bahrain players like taremi and sardar need to take over the game by not missing their chances
    For us to advance under severe circumstances we are facing.
    Biravand,taremi,sardar, pourali ganji,are key to our success in my opinion.

Sorry aboit my take on karimi and azizi i get emotional everytime i hear those 2 names

Comment

After watching the AFC club championship (ACC) group stage games, I belive a combination of Persepolis (pp) and Esteghlal (ES) players with few additions would be a great choice for TM to play in Bahrain. In brutally bad Bahrain weather In June, TM needs to use tactics similar to the ones employed by PP and ES in ACC games.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        My line up for 2 crucial matches and hope Moharrami is fit enough:
        Beiranvand
        Moharrami-PAG-Shoja-Milad
        JB-Ezzatollahi-Ebrahimi(C)-Amiri
        Azmoun-Taremi
        go for the kill with this

--------------Amir
        -----Kannani-PAG-Shoja

Moharami-Ezzai-Samman-Amiri
        ARJ/Gholi-Azmoun-Taremi

Comment

Hong Kong's team selection is much different from our last encounter with them. No Chinese super league players called up due to COVID.

A new Brazilian defensive midfielder(32 yr old Eli) and other foreign strikers.

Goal should be to score as early as possible and then kill the game off and exploit any possible gaps in their defensive coordination.

Comment

on their day HK actually have decent chance of surprising us and causing an upset....especially if we take our match vs them lightly...but being our first match that seems very unlikely to happen ..!
            i think they may give us a bit of scare early on but likely they will succumb to a 3 or 4-1 defeat..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              on their day HK actually have decent chance of surprising us and causing an upset....especially if we take our match vs them lightly...but being our first match that seems very unlikely to happen ..!
              i think they may give us a bit of scare early on but likely they will succumb to a 3 or 4-1 defeat..!
              Agreed. The boys need to play with the same focus/intensity as if we are facing Bahrain/Iraq. An early goal should calm our nerves.
              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                I just hope they pull it off against Bahrain!

Comment

Quoting CQ: we should treat every match like final. If we intend to have a high level of intensity vs Bahrain and Iraq, we need to demonstrate that full force vs Hong Kong and Cambodia regardless of who starts for TM.

Go TM!

Comment

Your daily reminder that AFC/FIFA/CAS have ZERO legitimacy after giving Bahrain hosting rights:

Bahrain restricts access for unvaccinated as COVID-19 cases spike (May 20th)
                    https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...ke-2021-05-20/

New COVID cases in Bahrain on May 20th: 2,415*
                    New COVID cases in Bahrain 7 day average (May 13-20th): 1,884*

*record high for Bahrain since the start of the pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      Your daily reminder that AFC/FIFA/CAS have ZERO legitimacy after giving Bahrain hosting rights:
                      Bahrain restricts access for unvaccinated as COVID-19 cases spike (May 20th)
                      https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...ke-2021-05-20/
                      New COVID cases in Bahrain on May 20th: 2,415*
                      New COVID cases in Bahrain 7 day average (May 13-20th): 1,884*
                      *record high for Bahrain since the start of the pandemic.
                      According to the world population meter, Iran has a population of 83,992,949 ; Bahrain's population stands at 1,701,575 (these are estimates yet they are based on a relatively accurate model)
                      Iran had a total of 11,250 cases on 5/21/21 and Bahrain had 2,858 on the same day (source JHU)
                      So Iran had 134 cases per million yesterday and Bahrain had 1681 per million (Bahrain's deaths are also surging), this means that yesterday the per capita (it is per million but you know what I mean) of Bahrain cases were more than 12.5 times Iran. Also as diz has said with accurate reporting, the trends are in opposite directions. Iran's cases are decreasing and Bahrain's are increasing.

The AFC bias against Iran reminds me of the US media coverage of Israeli bombing of Palestinians. While more than 20 times Palestinian civilians compared to Israeli civilians have died, Palestinian life is valued less and they are consistently portrayed as the aggressor.

Go TM!

Comment

Thanks Futbaldoost. What’s even more egregious is that IFF cited the covid per capita issue (which was STILL in Iran’s favor at the time of the AFC decision) in their letter to AFC. It was simply ignored. Since then, the per capita covid numbers have become even more polar opposites (in Iran’s favor).

Comment

i wonder how much of their recent surge in covid cases got to do with slew of indian and other south asian slaves who do all the physical work in that country?? has UAE seen a similar surge??

Comment

Comment

couldnt se your/upload the attachment Yerba jan! try to upload the picture instead of the link, maybe will work better that way.

its interesting that they cant change the venue now bcuz of the covid rising numbers, for me its like the situation when a war breaks out, its just not safe for the players and staff. there should allwayz be a plan B in these situations from AFC and FIFA, and usualy there are. its strange that they dont consider this/and that IFF doesnt make another appeal claiming the covid stats worsening as a venue changer, to a neutral venue.

anyway, maybe better to just play the damn games now and fokus on them but still they could file another complaint and go on and plan for the games as if they hadnt complained?
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

The games will happen in Bahrain regardless of any further data and protests. That was always afc’s plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X