Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Hong Kong; Info, Updates & Live Reports (03.06.21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure about you guys but to me in a way this selection of TM players almost tops that of our 1998 squad. So excited to see them play against our Asian counterparts in our remaining WCQ matches and then of course against some world class teams (fingered crossed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
      Not sure about you guys but to me in a way this selection of TM players almost tops that of our 1998 squad. So excited to see them play against our Asian counterparts in our remaining WCQ matches and then of course against some world class teams (fingered crossed)
      The '98 team was a special team and will always have a special place in my heart. The win against the US was one of those monumental events that all Iranians who watched that game will remember for the rest of their lives.

Having said that, our current team has a chance to make a similar impact. But first they must qualify. Then we can start to dream =)

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        ^ Bahrain used to be part of Iran and many Bahrainis have Iranian roots and know Farsi.

Go TM!
        Correct. Bahrain was a part of Iran. UK (aka England) signed an agreement to leave the Persian Gulf if Bahrain became independent in early 1970s. Shah did not realize British people and Western countries do not honor their part of agreement(s). More than half of Bahrain population have roots in Iran.

For a million times written on this site, Iranian language in English is called Persian. Farsi is a local term used in Iran. It used to be Parsi which after killing Iranian by Arabs it changed to Farsi.
        I resent using Farsi in English. It should be avoided.
        Test I use:
        Farsi Food, Farsi Cats, Farsi Carpets, Farsi Gulf, in language Farsi literature. Please stop using Farsi for many reasons some of which I have stated. Yes, some Iranians use this wrong term.
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
          Correct. Bahrain was a part of Iran. UK (aka England) signed an agreement to leave the Persian Gulf if Bahrain became independent in early 1970s. Shah did not realize British people and Western countries do not honor their part of agreement(s). More than half of Bahrain population have roots in Iran.

For a million times written on this site, Iranian language in English is called Persian. Farsi is a local term used in Iran. It used to be Parsi which after killing Iranian by Arabs it changed to Farsi.
          I resent using Farsi in English. It should be avoided.
          Test I use:
          Farsi Food, Farsi Cats, Farsi Carpets, Farsi Gulf, in language Farsi literature. Please stop using Farsi for many reasons some of which I have stated. Yes, some Iranians use this wrong term.
          Correct name of the language is Parsi. It got turned into Farsi during the expansion of Islam, when the Persian empire fell to the Arabs and the Arabic language doesn't have the letter "P". Hence why Pepsi is Bebsi over there.

Nonetheless, this is off topic. We can have this discussion in depth in the GENERAL FORUM.

Comment

Hope the end of the season passes without any new injury concerns for our players. Hope Sardar gets his 20th goal against Tambov and then they sub him off, ideally with no chance of winning the league I hope Porto give Mehdi a little rest too. These two are so important for us.

Comment

The hairy princess will be sitting with his Project 2030 committee praying to the higher lord that Iran don’t go through to the final round lol.

“Dear God, please disqualify Iran.. Please we don’t want to face Iran in the final round. We beg of you Allah..

Allaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                The '98 team was a special team and will always have a special place in my heart. The win against the US was one of those monumental events that all Iranians who watched that game will remember for the rest of their lives.

Having said that, our current team has a chance to make a similar impact. But first they must qualify. Then we can start to dream =)
                Correct, however my comment was not about nostalgia or the amazing performance we put against Australia and then USA. Those moments indeed were historical and will remain historic with 2 epic performances and results.

I was referring to the pool of talents as a whole. We have never had so many TM players playing in reputable European leagues shining and be amongst top goal scorers of their respective leagues (with the exception of Hashemian who although was not part of the 98 squad, nor did he win the top scorer’s title.

Nevertheless TM rocks and hope to see them thrash all their opponents left and right and qualify to the next WC at ease from this point on! [emoji3][emoji1695]

Comment

We need to keep hearing
                  "TOYEH DARVAZEH TOOYEH DARVAZEH"
                  Cambodia games goals dont count in the
                  Best of Second place table we need minimum 3 goals if more better

Comment

Infact you are right . Simply look at total iranian (in the link ) that play in europe. I honestly don't recall having so much players in europe. However there is one thing we're missing and thats bundes liga. We used to have good connection there i have no idea what happened. We deffo need to send some players there. Hopefully someone like sayadmanesh or ghaaedi or even mohebi. Taremi proved nothing is impossible.

https://uk.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/iran/

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                    Correct, however my comment was not about nostalgia or the amazing performance we put against Australia and then USA. Those moments indeed were historical and will remain historic with 2 epic performances and results.

I was referring to the pool of talents as a whole. We have never had so many TM players playing in reputable European leagues shining and be amongst top goal scorers of their respective leagues (with the exception of Hashemian who although was not part of the 98 squad, nor did he win the top scorer’s title.

Nevertheless TM rocks and hope to see them thrash all their opponents left and right and qualify to the next WC at ease from this point on! [emoji3][emoji1695]

Comment

I like to see skovic go with this line up against
                      Hongkong

Biravan
                      Pourali ganji
                      Majid hosseini
                      Vahid amiri(LB)
                      Moharami (Rb)

Saeed ezatollahi
                      Omid ebrahimi
                      Mehdi ghaidi
                      Gholizadeh
                      Sardar azmoun
                      Mehdi taremi

Even though i think
                      He will go with
                      Biravand
                      Shoja
                      Kanani
                      Mohamadi
                      Moharani
                      Ahmad noor
                      Haj safi
                      Vahid amiri
                      Golizadeh
                      Sardar
                      Taremi

This perfect match to score goals
                      For our gd incase we finish 2nd
                      And get ready for bahrain, since we dont have anymore friendlies.

Comment

France adds Bahrain to its list of countries deemed as COVID-19 high risk zones.
                        https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...es-2021-05-14/

France...the home of FIFA...the organization ultimately responsible for international football player safety. You can't make this sh*t up.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                          Hongkong

Biravan
                          Pourali ganji
                          Majid hosseini
                          Vahid amiri(LB)
                          Moharami (Rb)

Saeed ezatollahi
                          Omid ebrahimi
                          Mehdi ghaidi
                          Gholizadeh
                          Sardar azmoun
                          Mehdi taremi

Even though i think
                          He will go with
                          Biravand
                          Shoja
                          Kanani
                          Mohamadi
                          Moharani
                          Ahmad noor
                          Haj safi
                          Vahid amiri
                          Golizadeh
                          Sardar
                          Taremi

Why Amiri LB?

Has he ever played there before?

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                            Why Amiri LB?

Has he ever played there before?
                            And you call yourself Perspolis#1. Yes he's been playing left back. Yahya switched him during the ACL matches
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                              And you call yourself Perspolis#1. Yes he's been playing left back. Yahya switched him during the ACL matches
                              For Team Melli? There's a difference in Team Melli's dynamics. I'll admit I havent been following the gsmes in ACL as much, but I think its risky to play someone in a position they havent played for TM in these games. Maybe its the pregame anxiety
                              Last edited by perspolis#1; 05-15-2021, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                                Hongkong

Biravan
                                Pourali ganji
                                Majid hosseini
                                Vahid amiri(LB)
                                Moharami (Rb)

Saeed ezatollahi
                                Omid ebrahimi
                                Mehdi ghaidi
                                Gholizadeh
                                Sardar azmoun
                                Mehdi taremi

Even though i think
                                He will go with
                                Biravand
                                Shoja
                                Kanani
                                Mohamadi
                                Moharani
                                Ahmad noor
                                Haj safi
                                Vahid amiri
                                Golizadeh
                                Sardar
                                Taremi

Pouraliganji is suspended for Hong Kong game.

Comment

Working...
                                X