Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Hong Kong; Info, Updates & Live Reports (03.06.21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1974 game is definitely made up. In July of 1974 we (main TM and our B team) were participating in the Iran Cup and the final was on July 21st against TJ Sklo Union Teplice which we won. I find it unreasonable to expect that we then flew to Hong Kong and played a friendly and lost against a minnow. There is no record of this game anywhere else so I imagine if in fact it took place it may have been maybe a youth or military or even club team from Iran.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Our players are much better than iraqi players in general but I've noticed that iraq national team players hardly get tired during the 90 minutes. Even in ACL their teams hardly got tired. For example al shorta iraq was not tired while other teams were really knackered . also keep in mind that we have one extra game than iraq so we must rest some players against cambodia.

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Iraqi team is very poor physically and in terms of conditioning if you ask their fans. We just play like shit against them usually or get dumb red cards!

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        Our players are much better than iraqi players in general but I've noticed that iraq national team players hardly get tired during the 90 minutes. Even in ACL their teams hardly got tired. For example al shorta iraq was not tired while other teams were really knackered . also keep in mind that we have one extra game than iraq so we must rest some players against cambodia.
        That being said, it's still a mental issue for us. Quwa al Jawiya and AL Shorta got decked by our teams. We just need to translate that dominance to TM.

Comment

Yea exactly man. Thats what i've been saying for the past few years. Our players fall for the mind games by arab players. We need some good psychologists. 99% of iraqi national team players are all employed in Iraqi league. Like 6 + of them are in AL Shorta and 7 of them are in Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya. Our clubs beat them easily , so team melli should also beat them easily . Even tractor which is doing poorly in IPL won against al-Quwa Al-Jawiya and esteghlal beat al shorta despite being very tired.

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          That being said, it's still a mental issue for us. Quwa al Jawiya and AL Shorta got decked by our teams. We just need to translate that dominance to TM.

Comment

Hong Kong no friendly match 1.5 years.
            Last game EAFF in Busan South Korea 2019
            Chiu Yin Ping 趙燕萍.

Comment

Still no word on Hong Kong squad because of the quarantine rules

Comment

Usually video's involving Team Melli have a horrible song on it, but this one really matches the scenes and gets me excited for the June games. It also reminds me of the memorable days we had under CQ, yadesh bekheir...that was the best WCQ campaign I ever witnessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8hirUpp4FM

Comment

https://www.albawaba.com/sport/bahra...g-camp-1426337

Bahrain’s senior men’s national football team will make a five-day trip to Ukraine later this month where they will play an international friendly match against their European hosts on May 23.

This was confirmed yesterday by a team official, who said that the Bahraini squad will be in Kiev from May 20 to 24.

During this period, they will face their Ukranian counterparts at the Metalist Oblast Sports Complex stadium in the city of Kharkiv.

The game will be part of both teams’ preparations for their upcoming international matches, which, for the Bahrainis, include their remaining joint-qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup 2022 and AFC Asian Cup 2023.

The Ukraine friendly is their first of two in the last week of May.

They also face off with Malaysia at home on May 28.

Bahrain, coached by Portuguese tactician Helio Sousa, are expected to begin a local training camp on May 15 before flying to Europe.

Sousa has yet to name the squad that he will call up for this crucial period, as Bahrain’s three remaining joint-qualifiers are scheduled to be held in June.

They will be played in the Kingdom after the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) named Bahrain as the centralized venue for Group C, which also includes Iraq, Iran, Cambodia and Hong Kong.

Bahrain is set to go against Cambodia on June 3, Iran on June 7 and then Hong Kong on June 15.

Bahrain is currently second in their division with nine points, having won two matches and drawn thrice.

Iraq is the leaders with 11 points after winning three games and drawing two other times.

Iran is third with six points but has played just three matches so far and have two wins and two losses.

Hong Kong and Cambodia completed the Group C table with five points and one point, respectively.

There are eight groups in all in this round of qualifiers, with five nations in each group.

The other centralized venues selected by the AFC are China for Group A, Kuwait for Group B, Saudi Arabia for Group D, Qatar for Group E, Japan for Group F, the UAE for Group G and South Korea for Group H.

At the end of this stage of qualification, the eight group winners and the four best runners-up advance to the third round of World Cup qualifying, and also secure their berths in the Asian Cup.

The next best 24 teams will compete in a separate competition for the remaining 12 slots in the Asian Cup.

Comment

Bahrain’s senior men’s national football team will make a five-day trip to Ukraine later this month where they will play an international friendly match against their European hosts on May 23.

This was confirmed yesterday by a team official, who said that the Bahraini squad will be in Kiev from May 20 to 24.

During this period, they will face their Ukranian counterparts at the Metalist Oblast Sports Complex stadium in the city of Kharkiv.

The game will be part of both teams’ preparations for their upcoming international matches, which, for the Bahrainis, include their remaining joint-qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup 2022 and AFC Asian Cup 2023.

Bahrain, coached by Portuguese tactician Helio Sousa, are expected to begin a local training camp on May 15 before flying to Europe.

Sousa has yet to name the squad that he will call up for this crucial period, as Bahrain’s three remaining joint-qualifiers are scheduled to be held in June.

They will be played in the Kingdom after the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) named Bahrain as the centralized venue for Group C, which also includes Iraq, Iran, Cambodia and Hong Kong.

Bahrain is set to go against Cambodia on June 3, Iran on June 7 and then Hong Kong on June 15.

Bahrain is currently second in their division with nine points, having won two matches and drawn thrice.

Iraq is the leaders with 11 points after winning three games and drawing two other times.

Iran is third with six points but has played just three matches so far and have two wins and two losses.

Hong Kong and Cambodia completed the Group C table with five points and one point, respectively.

There are eight groups in all in this round of qualifiers, with five nations in each group.

The other centralized venues selected by the AFC are China for Group A, Kuwait for Group B, Saudi Arabia for Group D, Qatar for Group E, Japan for Group F, the UAE for Group G and South Korea for Group H.

At the end of this stage of qualification, the eight group winners and the four best runners-up advance to the third round of World Cup qualifying, and also secure their berths in the Asian Cup.

The next best 24 teams will compete in a separate competition for the remaining 12 slots in the Asian Cup.
                    The following players were called up to the extended preliminary squad to play the friendly matches against Bahrain on 23 May 2021, Northern Ireland on 3 June 2021 and Cyprus on 7 June 2021.

Goalkeepers:

Andriy Pyatov (Shakhtar Donetsk), Andriy Lunin (Real Madrid), Heorhiy Bushchan (Dynamo Kyiv), and Anatoliy Trubin (Shakhtar Donetsk).

Defenders:

Mykola Matviyenko (Shakhtar Donetsk), Oleksandr Karavayev (Dynamo Kyiv), Serhiy Kryvtsov (Shakhtar Donetsk), Eduard Sobol (Club Brugge), Vitaliy Mykolenko (Dynamo Kyiv), Bohdan Mykhaylichenko (Anderlecht), Illya Zabarnyi (Dynamo Kyiv), Oleksandr Tymchyk (Dynamo Kyiv), Viktor Korniyenko (Shakhtar Donetsk), Denys Popov (Dynamo Kyiv), and Oleksandr Syrota (Dynamo Kyiv).

Midfielders:

Andriy Yarmolenko (West Ham United), Yevhen Konoplyanka (Shakhtar Donetsk), Taras Stepanenko (Shakhtar Donetsk), Oleksandr Zinchenko (Manchester City), Ruslan Malinovskyi (Atalanta), Serhiy Sydorchuk (Dynamo Kyiv), Viktor Kovalenko (Atalanta), Viktor Tsyhankov (Dynamo Kyiv), Marlos (Shakhtar Donetsk), Yevhenii Makarenko (Kortrijk), Mykola Shaparenko (Dynamo Kyiv), Vitaliy Buyalskyi (Dynamo Kyiv), Oleksandr Zubkov, Ferencváros, Volodymyr Shepelyev (Dynamo Kyiv), Oleksandr Andriyevskyi (Dynamo Kyiv), Bohdan Lyednyev (Dynamo Kyiv), Artem Bondarenko (Mariupol), and Heorhiy Sudakov (Shakhtar Donetsk).

Forwards:

Roman Yaremchuk (Gent), Artem Besyedin (Dynamo Kyiv), and Artem Dovbyk (Dnipro-1).

Comment

This is what you call good preparation, not like us lol. PGL will not finish before 25th of may, 11 days after Bahrain have started their preparation!

This is exactly like under Wilmots. Gather the team for a few days, va bebinim chi mishe!!
                      Really what is the difference guys?

I still think we will get 10 points and qualify. But that will be achieved through gheyrat and individual brilliance.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                        This is what you call good preparation, not like us lol. PGL will not finish before 25th of may, 11 days after Bahrain have started their preparation!

This is exactly like under Wilmots. Gather the team for a few days, va bebinim chi mishe!!
                        Really what is the difference guys?

I still think we will get 10 points and qualify. But that will be achieved through gheyrat and individual brilliance.
                        I agree, but question the use of playing Ukraine for them. To get to a certain level of play yes, but Ukraine is a technically passing team with high chance creation and low output.

Our midfield is one of our weaker points and our physicality the strength, they would have learned more playing Uzbekistan or Australia.

Comment

I agree, but question the use of playing Ukraine for them. To get to a certain level of play yes, but Ukraine is a technically passing team with high chance creation and low output.

Our midfield is one of our weaker points and our physicality the strength, they would have learned more playing Uzbekistan or Australia.
                          Hmm i suppose they want to play a strong team before playing us who can exploit their weaknesses?
                          They know we are stronger than them. Remember they have almost two weeks after that game to fix their weaknesses before playing us.

But i agree it’s a bold move, which can benefit us in the end.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            Usually video's involving Team Melli have a horrible song on it, but this one really matches the scenes and gets me excited for the June games. It also reminds me of the memorable days we had under CQ, yadesh bekheir...that was the best WCQ campaign I ever witnessed.

Man I miss these days and our coach, we were spoiled. Love the last scene of Carlos celebrating, iconic, he really had more gheyrat than any of the clowns running the IFF...
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post

Man this makes me hope we can make this world cup so badly. Right now Sardar and Taremi are playing their best seasons and are arguably in their prime. Would've loved to see that pair against some of the worlds best.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                                Man this makes me hope we can make this world cup so badly. Right now Sardar and Taremi are playing their best seasons and are arguably in their prime. Would've loved to see that pair against some of the worlds best.
                                We need a midfield to support them. Hopefully Gholizadeh, JB, Ghodoos and Ezatollahi are there!

Comment

Working...
                                X