No announcement yet.

Invite Jalal Hosseini to TM for the next 4 qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a "senior" TM leader, I'd take Hosseini over Hajsafi any day.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      As a "senior" TM leader, I'd take Hosseini over Hajsafi any day.
      We don't have space to have both of them, Hajsafi is going nowhere and Hosseini represents the classic Iranina, Player is above the team mentality.

This is a very reactionary and classic Iranian line of thinking where we can't commit to progress.

Hosseini is playing in IPL and AFC champions league while even PAG is playing against stronger opposition.

We will get nowhere if we keep panicking and making the conservative choice. We have amazing young CBs.

You guys should focus more on getting players like Ezatolahi back which makes no sense to omit and include the likes of Nourolahi and Ali Karimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
        We absolutely need him at least for our qualifiers. I don’t see anyone else topping his services TBH. PAG ke Chinese club’s benchwarmer shode, the rest all seem shaky and inconsistent. It’s beyond me how no European team ever offered him anything. I could see him playing in Serie A all these years. What a shame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Keano jaan that’s simply not true....PAG has been hurt and is just returning to full fitness and is still the same rock/beast he has always been. He also recently revealed he had an offer from Brighton some French teams and some of the big Turkish clubs but turned them down (think he said it was bc of his family not being able to be with him).
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
          We don't have space to have both of them, Hajsafi is going nowhere and Hosseini represents the classic Iranina, Player is above the team mentality.
          This is a very reactionary and classic Iranian line of thinking where we can't commit to progress.
          Hosseini is playing in IPL and AFC champions league while even PAG is playing against stronger opposition.
          We will get nowhere if we keep panicking and making the conservative choice. We have amazing young CBs.
          You guys should focus more on getting players like Ezatolahi back which makes no sense to omit and include the likes of Nourolahi and Ali Karimi.
          I agree, Jalal Hosseini is a TM legend and as a Perspolisi i'm his biggest fan and thank him for all that he has done both for TM and my club (still going strong), but with Khalilzadeh who has proven to be very solid and strong, PAG, Kanaani and Hosseini we are set in the CD department. We really need to get Ezatolahi back in TM as our achilles heel are the DM/CM positions and we need the Ezatolahi-Ebrahimi duo in order to qualify for the next round.

Comment

Bring him back as captain, the team needs him and his leadership. Period

Comment

He’s one of the best CBs we have ever had. I think having him as an option, especially as a substitute to bring on to guide the team would help a lot. Don’t see him Starting though.
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

One of the best defenders in our history - the best in the modern era, at least.
                Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Thanks, but no thanks. He showed his 'leadership' when CQ cut him and he threw a hissy fit and criticized CQ in the press. So much for team unity.

We have four (4) CBs clearly ahead of him in the pecking order (PAG, Shoja, Majid and Kanani), so there's no need to call up a 40 year old to take the place of another, younger, more deserving player. Scoring against some crappy Asian clubs in the ACL doesn't change anything.

Our defense isn't the issue, it's our midfield, and the mysterious exclusion of our best midfielders.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                    One of the best defenders in our history - the best in the modern era, at least.
                    This much is not up for debate.

But after reading thru all arguments here and also giving it some thought, I would not call him up.

We really do not need more than 4 cbs. Last year when PP went to ACL final and were just nourollahi brain farts away from winning the cb pairing was shoja and kanani. Jalal was on the bench, and imo rightfully so as those two were/are superior defenders in this day and age. Kanani is a bit of a dumbass but nobody can doubt his major improvements, excellent physique, strong passing qualities, and good speed. Similarly, shoja has just been a beast for club and country in the past 2 years. Both were excellent vs bosnia, uzbekistan. So realistically neither of these two should be excluded for Jalal, and yahya's selections last year confirmed that.

PAG is our best cb bar none. Hes the most consistent TM player from asian cup 2015 thru today. A strong cb in every single category. He is 100% a starter and the real leader of our backline.

Majid is back to getting decent minutes for trabzonspor, and at the end of the day despite some growing pains, our only young cb of note in the entire iranian footballing setup right now! The guy has proved himself on the biggest stage, and these experiences (if he plays or not) in the next 3 games will build him even more to be the leader of our backline 3-4 years down the line. Omitting him from the list would be like giving a middle finger to a player that even if he doesnt start is our future in that position so we cannot drop him for jalal at this stage.

So only option is to include jalal as a 5th! cb which I really do not see the need to do, especially considering the wealth of offensive euro talents we will be trying to fit in.

Comment

I take back what I said about PAG. Have not followed him ever since he preferred Asian football over his European football adventure. So apologies for the wrong remark and thanks you all for correcting me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had forgotten he didn't handle getting cut by CQ well, but if that was the only criteria, then Shoja shouldn't be invited as well.

Comment

If my memory serves me correct (and I might be wrong here) he didn’t throw a rahmati level fit where he blew up the media about how butt hurt he was. I think what happened was he at first was (rightfully so) surprised and upset and didn’t say much in the beginning but after the WC passed he opened up more about how he felt about it. Not saying he was right to do so but his exclusion was kinda out of left field from CQ.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

^ but I also think he purposely thanked everyone but Carlos and left him out (if I recall correctly). But again he’s shown to be a good leader in every instance outside of this, so I don’t think it’s fair to exclude him purely based on this criteria.
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                              ^ but I also think he purposely thanked everyone but Carlos and left him out (if I recall correctly). But again he’s shown to be a good leader in every instance outside of this, so I don’t think it’s fair to exclude him purely based on this criteria.
                              he also talked shitt against gholaabi after we got knock outa in think it was Asian Cup 2011..? he is just a passionate and gheyrati sorta player .... so in general he has a bit of hard time holding his discontent against TM coaches when he feels hard done by them...!!
                              in both case imo had every right to give back to them a piece of his mind..!! and in case of CQ, he had every right to question his exclusion, which imo stemmed mostly outa CQ's pissfight against PP organization and its fan base ..!
                              granted young Hossaini did all right at WC18, imo his performance got overhyped (as did a few others like Beyranvand's ) and there wasnt anything he did on the pitch at WC that Seyed couldnt have done equally well or even better ..!

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                                That to me is way less harmless than what others have done and isn’t directly causing drama in TM....not to a crazy extent IMO.
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Working...
                                X