Invite Jalal Hosseini to TM for the next 4 qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to open a new thread and if you feel it needs to be merged, go ahead and do it, i opened a new thread to give more visibility to this matter, which i think it is important for our next WC qualifier situation and results.

I am usually against having old players in TM and specially in Jalal's age(40), but we all know there are some exceptions everywhere in the world, players who maintain their fantastic shape even at the end of their career in any sport, not just football.

IMHO, Jalal playing his best football, defensively and offensively. Yes he was never a fast defender, yes he was never a modern CB but he is soooo smart, play the game really simple and his positioning as a defender is excellent.

Having said all these, we don't have to start him. Having such an experienced defender and character around TM is just priceless, players love him, respect him, doesn't matter the color they wear.
    In 1998, TM took a bit out of shape(in that time)Namjoo Motalgh to qualifier after Karim Bagheri's red to replace him. In 2018 CQ took Dejagah to WC mainly because of his experience and leadership and the fact that players loved and respected Ashkan. I am not saying if and when we qualify lets take Jalal to WC but for these three crucial matches it is important to have him in TM even as mentor.

and at the end pretty much all of our CB played with him(Shoja, Kanani, PAG) and consider him their mentor.
    Go TM Go!

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Sorry to open a new thread and if you feel it needs to be merged, go ahead and do it, i opened a new thread to give more visibility to this matter, which i think it is important for our next WC qualifier situation and results.

I am usually against having old players in TM and specially in Jalal's age(40), but we all know there are some exceptions everywhere in the world, players who maintain their fantastic shape even at the end of their career in any sport, not just football.

IMHO, Jalal playing his best football, defensively and offensively. Yes he was never a fast defender, yes he was never a modern CB but he is soooo smart, play the game really simple and his positioning as a defender is excellent.

Having said all these, we don't have to start him. Having such an experienced defender and character around TM is just priceless, players love him, respect him, doesn't matter the color they wear.
    In 1998, TM took a bit out of shape(in that time)Namjoo Motalgh to qualifier after Karim Bagheri's red to replace him. In 2018 CQ took Dejagah to WC mainly because of his experience and leadership and the fact that players loved and respected Ashkan. I am not saying if and when we qualify lets take Jalal to WC but for these three crucial matches it is important to have him in TM even as mentor.

and at the end pretty much all of our CB played with him(Shoja, Kanani, PAG) and consider him their mentor.
    Go TM Go!
    why not
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I am all for it.
      Honestly our CBs now don't have half the intelligence that Seyed Jalal does. He's definitely respected and at the Asian level he is still elite.

Comment

Its all about the mentality and team organization ! The BIG question is can he perform in TM? Can we afford to risk our good DF line with this change?

Seyed jalal and bengar were the best due in IPL back in 2012. But as soon as they moved out of their team to Persepolis they suddenly lost it. Was it because of the mentality or team organization? I don't know most probably it was. Seyed jalal moved to al ahli and bengar moved to another team. Both lost it for few years. Seyed jalal came back and joined naft and then persepolis. didn't do well for first half but then suddenly started improving and imrpoving day by day.

Comment

To add to all this, there is a reason Hosseini has been on 8 league championship winning teams. He is the heart of defense for each of those team (Saipa, Sepahan and Persepolis).

Comment

I find it hard to have a strong opinion on this. Given there's not a single notable CB talent he'd be replacing and taking experience away from, then sure, I don't see why not. Equally, calling up a 39 year old CB screams incompetence and embarrasement (I'm struggling to think of any respectable nation pulling something like this, any examples? Matthaus and Hurtado maybe?) National pool of however many million and our fourth best CB is a 39 year old? Jesus.

But, and most importantly of all, the real question is, does Jalal meet the required levels of Dragan 'I have standards' Skocic and to find out the answer, we must wait and see what the man who famously led Interblock Ljubljana to Slovenian Supercup glory in 2008 has in store for us.

Comment

Actually, hold on, I've just realised we already have 4 CBs ahead of him (Majid was omitted from the OP). In which case, barring any injuries to them or a clear intention to play 3 at the back, I would suggest there's no need for Jalal.

Rafa Marquez is another that came to mind too.

Comment

10000% yes....it’s actually mind blowing how with his age he somehow not only doesn’t regress but honestly one could even argue gets better.

The facts are there, crystal clear for everyone to see.....he plays in an area that is SUPER crucial to our team and is by far the most in form player we have. Going into crucial matches like this you need guys who are in form, who are veterans who have been in similar situations and come out on top, and guys who you can REALLY rely on. No CB has truly looked good for TM against Bahrain and Iraq and honestly in the latest matches as well there were lots of holes left and right......we need him now more than ever.

There is only 1 person who fits that criteria ^ and that’s obviously seyed jalal. Hope everyone puts the necessary pressure on the TM coaching staff to make the right call here. He deserves the TM armband too!
                Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 04-26-2021, 07:39 AM.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Although I think our current center backs are good, I would agree that he can help a lot. Perhaps even be a real captain that we need right now. Hajsafi isn’t a captain and lacks the leadership on the field.

Hosseini is a natural leader and has captained many teams, and steps up and helps his teams with goals in big games too.

We all know in the air he is almost unbeatable and his positioning and defensive skills are fantastic.

It would be great to have him around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

dont know...??? having not seen him in action since CQ (imo, very cruelly) snubbed him outa WC18 Squad..!!
                    but he was an absolute giant wall dealing with any and all sorta high balls served into our box, his leadership skills are far superior to that of Haj Safi, his positioning and defensive organizational skills were sublime but he was a wreck with ball at his feet, his on-ground passing and forward distributions always slow/elementary seeming and in general sure sucked asss ..!

if still somewhat formidable defensively in his old ass age as before, he could well be useful in a possible 3back formation, i suppose in a more limited game time proposition ..!!?
                    just put PAG and shoja on either sides of him and instead add an extra body in our CM/10 Position ..! i think we got enough quality WB positions to still remain plenty sound defensively..!
                    Last edited by BacheLot; 04-26-2021, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Age plays no role, if he keeps playing great why not more than 4 games ?

Comment

Here is Skocic's answer

Comment

We absolutely need him at least for our qualifiers. I don’t see anyone else topping his services TBH. PAG ke Chinese club’s benchwarmer shode, the rest all seem shaky and inconsistent. It’s beyond me how no European team ever offered him anything. I could see him playing in Serie A all these years. What a shame!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                            We absolutely need him at least for our qualifiers. I don’t see anyone else topping his services TBH. PAG ke Chinese club’s benchwarmer shode, the rest all seem shaky and inconsistent. It’s beyond me how no European team ever offered him anything. I could see him playing in Serie A all these years. What a shame!

Dude, pag came back from injury. He is a starter there. One game he was on the bench and now he is a benchwarmer?

Comment

The big question is Do we even need to amend our CD? If yes who should we drop ? Shoja , Kanani , Majidi , PAG.

To be honest if I was skocic i would not risk it .
                              Originally posted by Keano View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X