17 Year-Old Nassaji Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 Year-Old Nassaji Player

In October 2019 Nassaji FC played Esteghlal, Sepahan, and then a month later Perspolis FC. They lost two and picked up a point in one of those three games against the three giants of Iranian football. It wasn't the result, however, nor the presence of Nassaji's stalwart midfielder, Milad Sarlak (who would later join, Perspolis) that caught my eye, but the young man sitting on the bench and waiting in line to deputize in the same position as Sarlak in the center of midfield. Farjam Jamal Livani was at the time only 15 years old. Barely a high school player at the time, he was given the unbelievable task of representing a PGL club at such a tender age when we hardly see any players under 19 play for any of the professional clubs in Iran. He is today just a few months into his 17th birthday, yet he is still to make his senior debut. I'm wondering, has anyone got any information on him? I found one picture of him in the registry of Tehran State Football.

sigpic

No one under the age of 28 gets a chance in that embarrassing league. Why take advantage of being able to develop the next Mehdi/Azmoun/Allahyar/Delfi and make millions off them when you can give Haji Hassan 90 mins and foster a beautiful friendship with him for your mehmoonis.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
      No one under the age of 28 gets a chance in that embarrassing league. Why take advantage of being able to develop the next Mehdi/Azmoun/Allahyar/Delfi and make millions off them when you can give Haji Hassan 90 mins and foster a beautiful friendship with him for your mehmoonis.
      What could be achieved if ex-players such as Daei, Hashemian, Nekounam and even Dejagah and soon to be veteran Gucci, would use their network to start football schools in Iran with help or support from a Western top team.
      Their were early adapters with Atletico and even Inter Milan back in the days.

Although its almost impossible because of the corruption cancerous I.R.
      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
        It varies club to club. Quite a few clubs give chances to young players. Allahyar, Delfi and Taremi all being noticeable cases.

Comment

Saipa is the leader on this and that is why they barely finish among top 5-6, Foolad and at some point sepahan used to be but they are getting more result oriented, both used to have decent academies. The rest? well, disaster...

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            Saipa is the leader on this and that is why they barely finish among top 5-6, Foolad and at some point sepahan used to be but they are getting more result oriented, both used to have decent academies. The rest? well, disaster...
            Our own beloved Persepolis is really bad at this too

Comment

I'd say one of my favorite clubs in PGL right now (and probably everyone else's 2nd team) is Sanat Naft Abadan. They play an exciting and yet pragmatic style of football and give a playing chance to quite a few young players. In their line-up, you'll find more than a handful of players under 20 and Salmani who now plays in Portimonense came through their ranks.

I agree that Saipa is quite good as well. Their head coach, Sadeghi, who is a one-club man himself has made it a priority to bleed through young players and bring them through the ranks all the way to the professional club. Taha Shariati is one player who everyone is waiting for to make it big.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Farantino View Post
                I'd say one of my favorite clubs in PGL right now (and probably everyone else's 2nd team) is Sanat Naft Abadan. They play an exciting and yet pragmatic style of football and give a playing chance to quite a few young players. In their line-up, you'll find more than a handful of players under 20 and Salmani who now plays in Portimonense came through their ranks.
                I agree that Saipa is quite good as well. Their head coach, Sadeghi, who is a one-club man himself has made it a priority to bleed through young players and bring them through the ranks all the way to the professional club. Taha Shariati is one player who everyone is waiting for to make it big.
                yasin salmani, 19 year old CM of Sepahan, 6ft1 with very nice technique and already author of a few good goals this year is also one to watch. Probably our best midfield prospect.

In SNA CM/CDM Ghobeishavi, captain of strong u17 team who went to QF and lost to spain is a solid talent too.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  Tbf, when Ebrahim Sadeghi took over last season, he used a lot of young players (average age 24 and below) but once his team was in danger of getting relegated, Saipa reverted to more experienced players.

There still are U23 players getting playing time (Abolfazl Jalali being the most prominent one) but the amount of 30+ year old players currently outweigh them.

Right now, Naft MIS and Paykan have the youngest line-ups on average. Paykan had seven U23 players in their starting line-up vs Esteghlal.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                    Tbf, when Ebrahim Sadeghi took over last season, he used a lot of young players (average age 24 and below) but once his team was in danger of getting relegated, Saipa reverted to more experienced players.

There still are U23 players getting playing time (Abolfazl Jalali being the most prominent one) but the amount of 30+ year old players currently outweigh them.

Right now, Naft MIS and Paykan have the youngest line-ups on average. Paykan had seven U23 players in their starting line-up vs Esteghlal.
                    Great points - I was going to say the same thing about Paykan. In recent years especially, they have had a lot of talent under 24-25 and this year a lot under 23.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                    X