Legionnaire Top XI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legionnaire Top XI

I thought of a fun concept right before sleep last night. However, I was too tired to complete the line-up as I was debating if Saeed Ezatolahi should be a DM or a CB as I couldn't think of another good center back (Duh, it should be Majid Hosseini!) The idea is pretty simple, think of your favorite team line-up composed of all Iranian players who play outside Iran.
    --------------------- Davari -------------------
    Moharrami --- Pouraliganji --- Hosseini --- Mohammadi
    ----------- Ezatolahi ----- Karimi -------------
    --------------------Ghoddos--------------------
    --- Azmoun ------- Zahedi --------- Taremi
    sigpic

Originally posted by Farantino View Post
    I thought of a fun concept, right before sleep last night. However, I was too tired to complete the line-up as I was debating if Saeed Ezatolahi should be a DM or a CB as I couldn't think of another good center back (Duh, it should be Majid Hosseini!) The idea is pretty simple, think of your favorite team line-up composed of all Iranian players who play outside Iran.

--------------------- Davari -------------------
    Moharrami --- Pouraliganji --- Hosseini --- Mohammadi
    ----------- Ezatolahi ----- Karimi -------------
    --------------------Ghoddos--------------------
    --- Azmoun ------- Zahedi --------- Taremi
    Gholizadeh is probably one of our best players.
    golbezanpodcast.com
    twitter.com/GolBezan
    instagram.com/GolBezan
    youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Davari over Beiro and Amir??

Comment

Beiro
        Moharammi PAG MAJID MilMo
        Ezzat Ebrahimi
        Goli Ghoddos Taremi

Azmoun

Comment

Originally posted by AMIRHOUSHANG View Post
          Beiro
          Ezzat Ebrahimi
          Goli Ghoddos Taremi
          Azmoun
          this is our best team in general with majid out for shoja

Comment

Originally posted by AMIRHOUSHANG View Post
            Beiro
            Ezzat Ebrahimi
            Goli Ghoddos Taremi

Azmoun
            I like this. I may use Jahanbakhsh instead of either Goli or Ghoddos depending on how he is performing at the time. I just think that Jahanbakhsh has improved significantly in the last two, three years and is a much stronger player but because of his situation in Brighton, we don't see it. If he is getting minutes in Brighton, and his head is screwed on right, I would seriously consider him.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
              Davari over Beiro and Amir??
              I knew sooner or later I'd have to answer to the great pfdc about this choice. I based my decision on two separate yet very sounding reasons:
              1 - Davari VS Beiranvand:
              As we saw, Beiranvand had another forgettable night in Antwerp's Europa League debut after more than 25 years. He seems like he needs a good understanding with the rest of his team. Davari on the other hand has had more than impressive recent performances, especially against Leverkusen in the German Cup. Davari has had a bit of a resurgence under the new management at Essen.
              2 - Vs Amir Abedzadeh
              Ok this one was hard. But I still think that as wonderful as Amir's reflexes are and how much I'd love the narrative of Ahmadreza Abedzadeh's son coming to claim his thrown, but experience and recent performances have been far from what's needed in a National Team. Don't forget Davari has represented Iran in a world cup 2014, and has Bundesliga pedigree. Needless to say if it was just based on experience I'd still edge towards Amir, since he has more recently represented Iran and plays in the Bundesliga. However, GK is one of those positions where you age like good wine (rather than cheese).
              Bottomline, I think It'd be nice to see some outsider come into the team. I'm a bit of a nostalgic anyways, so what do I know!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Farantino View Post
                I knew sooner or later I'd have to answer to the great pfdc about this choice. I based my decision on two separate yet very sounding reasons:
                1 - Davari VS Beiranvand:
                As we saw, Beiranvand had another forgettable night in Antwerp's Europa League debut after more than 25 years. He seems like he needs a good understanding with the rest of his team. Davari on the other hand has had more than impressive recent performances, especially against Leverkusen in the German Cup. Davari has had a bit of a resurgence under the new management at Essen.
                2 - Vs Amir Abedzadeh
                Ok this one was hard. But I still think that as wonderful as Amir's reflexes are and how much I'd love the narrative of Ahmadreza Abedzadeh's son coming to claim his thrown, but experience and recent performances have been far from what's needed in a National Team. Don't forget Davari has represented Iran in a world cup 2014, and has Bundesliga pedigree. Needless to say if it was just based on experience I'd still edge towards Amir, since he has more recently represented Iran and plays in the Bundesliga. However, GK is one of those positions where you age like good wine (rather than cheese).
                Bottomline, I think It'd be nice to see some outsider come into the team. I'm a bit of a nostalgic anyways, so what do I know!
                davari had one good game against leverkusen lol. He is playing in semi professional division in germany (regionalliga West) for a reason.

Beiranvand was motm for his team against tottenham if we are judging by one good game.

Davari was terrible in TM and after all of beiro's work its kind of disrespectful to say davari is superior lol. The guy is not close to beiranvands level, regardless of beiro being inconsistent this year. In addition he did not fit with TM culture at all (unlike foreign raised guys like dejagah and ghoddos who quickly assimilated) and failed to integrate with the group dynamic that was so crucial for TM success in recent years.

AS for abedzadeh you could make a better argument bc of his last 12 months of strong games at Maritimo, but he has also been inconsistent and isnt even their number 1 GK anymore after multiple bad mistakes.

Comment

Are there even any domestic players that would take a legionare's spot at this time? And I'm referring to players playing anywhere outside iran.
                  Maybe back in the day when we only had a few players in Europe but now with so many of them, it would be hard to justify not playing a lineup with pure non-domestic players.

Comment

Originally posted by FMCSMUBLB View Post
                    Gholizadeh is probably one of our best players.
                    Dont think its the best, he said: " favorite team line-up"
                    So its his favorite players outside iran

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      this is our best team in general with majid out for shoja
                      starting 11:
                      Azmoun
                      Taremi Ghoddos Gholizadeh
                      Ebrahimi Ezatolahi
                      Mohammadi Pouraliganji Khalilzadeh Moharami
                      Beiranvand
                      subs/alternatives:
                      Zahedi
                      Ansarifard
                      Jahanbakhsh
                      Abedzadeh
                      Rezaei
                      Hosseini
                      supersubs:
                      Ghoochannejhad

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                        Are there even any domestic players that would take a legionare's spot at this time? And I'm referring to players playing anywhere outside iran.
                        Maybe back in the day when we only had a few players in Europe but now with so many of them, it would be hard to justify not playing a lineup with pure non-domestic players.
                        Ofcourse there are, Hamed Lak could take the number one position, he has been outstanding the last couple of seasons. Then there is Kanaanizadegan, Aghaei, Nourollahi, Nemati, Ghaedi, Amiri, Noorafkan (as left back), Rafieie, Niazmand ao

Comment

Working...
                        X