Iman Salimi @ SKF Sered (Slovakia) 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iman Salimi @ SKF Sered (Slovakia) 2020-21

6 month contract. I think they were only euro team that were able to help him through visa process or something, bc there was a lot of talks about swedish,danish,portuguese leagues which made more sense.

Ali ghorbani did very well in slovakia last year so I dont really doubt that Salimi hits ground running too.

He had a lot of problems with Tractor and ultimately leaving iran to anywhere in europe will expedite any future transfer. Given the 6 month contract I think that is his plan.

it really is kind of bizarre that he had to go to this low of a level first considering the supposed "interest" he had.

Comment

Good thing it’s just a 6 month contract. Can show his worth and then move to a better league like Portugal in the summer

Comment

Was hoping for slovan Bratislava but at least he is in Europe

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          Was hoping for slovan Bratislava but at least he is in Europe
          true. If shahab zahedi who hardly played in Iran, was involved at zero youth levels, went to Iceland and ended up in Ukraine and now is top scorer with some good clubs looking at him than this guy who is a way higher caliber of player should be fine.

Comment

Contract is until 31st of May, so it's really quite short. The club I'm told will help Iman find a better club in the summer. He didn't want to stay in Iran and he spoke with Ali Ghorbani about the move to Slovakia which helped him decide.
            golbezanpodcast.com
            twitter.com/GolBezan
            instagram.com/GolBezan
            youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Do you think the team is stronger than let's say tractor?

Comment

Bit of a shame this, if he'd held on for a month until UK lockdown was over I could probably have got him into my weekly 9-a-side games with players of an average age of 45 to help him play at a better level.

Comment

Good I guess?
                  Pretty sure this league is a step down in terms of footballing footballig quality, and not sure if it can be a stepping stone to a better league since it's not known to be scouted much, but if his goal is to just get out of Iran, at least this way he gets to get somewhat back in shape.

Comment

Huge setback for his football career, how do you go from Tractor to a small Slovakian club that finished 9th (out of 12 clubs) last season and played in the second division of Slovakia two seasons ago? Even if he had gone to a club in the Azadegan league that would have been better. I'm afraid we'll never hear from this guy again, it's a shame because from what i have seen of him he is a talented defender.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                      Huge setback for his football career, how do you go from Tractor to a small Slovakian club that finished 9th (out of 12 clubs) last season and played in the second division of Slovakia 2 seasons ago? Even if he had gone to a club in the Azadegan league that would have been better. I'm afraid we'll never hear from this guy again, it's a shame because from what i have seen of him he is a talented defender.
                      If he is talented he will be rewarded like martin skretel did some years ago

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        If he is talented he will be rewarded like martin skretel did some years ago
                        Haha yeah sure. No one takes this amateur club or league seriously, even if he plays like Paolo Maldini there (and rightfully so).

Comment

Huge setback for his football career, how do you go from Tractor to a small Slovakian club that finished 9th (out of 12 clubs) last season and played in the second division of Slovakia two seasons ago? Even if he had gone to a club in the Azadegan league that would have been better. I'm afraid we'll never hear from this guy again, it's a shame because from what i have seen of him he is a talented defender.
                          HUGE exaggeration come on....

You can’t actually think playing in second division of Iran will get him farther than top division of Slovakia. If you follow his story the club has made a promise to help him find another European club this summer. That’s much more than any club in all of Iran can say they try to do for their players.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Haha yeah sure. No one takes this amateur club or league seriously, even if he plays like Paolo Maldini there (and rightfully so).
                            If it is the case it would be worse in Iran

Comment

Is this guy any good ..!?
                              Is he that dude who got a couple of Tm call ups already as a LD depth ..!?

Comment

Working...
                              X