Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TEHRAN DERBY : ESTEGHLAL TEHRAN VS PERSEPOLIS (1/11/2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so in todays game against rangers similar incident happened and it was called a penalty. Obviously someone is doing it wrong. Im just confused about this hangball law.

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    Thats not a penalty the ball was launched at his hand. Id the hand is in a natural position for which his clearly is... theres no call for a penalty.

Also why no IPL players? You dont think Ghaedi can handle Cambodia?

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
      so in todays game against rangers similar incident happened and it was called a penalty. Obviously someone is doing it wrong. Im just confused about this hangball law.

I really dont think you understand the handball rule. There is a lot of difference between a player having an arm OUT as shown above and contact when the ball is at someones side. Yes I saw the play above and its a hand ball because there is intention and an unnatural position.

I'm not sure how you think the situation is comparable to the derby one.

Unless you think any and all contact with the arm is a handball which I assure you is not the rule. Lest we ask players kindly to detach their arms prior to the match to reduce any confusion

Comment

amiri also has his hand open like a goalkeeper would do. Normally what i see from players is that they put their hands behind their back and deffend , when they are in amiri's position. I watched the clip and the dudes hand was in natural postion when falling on the grass trying to deffend the ball. How can someone fall down with their closed hands . His hand is in natural postion but when the ball hit his hand the hand is opened more which makes it like its intentional.

TBH This hand rule is stupid and can be manipulated in different scenarios .
        I really dont think you understand the handball rule. There is a lot of difference between a player having an arm OUT as shown above and contact when the ball is at someones side. Yes I saw the play above and its a hand ball because there is intention and an unnatural position.

I'm not sure how you think the situation is comparable to the derby one.

Unless you think any and all contact with the arm is a handball which I assure you is not the rule. Lest we ask players kindly to detach their arms prior to the match to reduce any confusion

Comment

amiri also has his hand open like a goalkeeper would do. Normally what i see from players is that they put their hands behind their back and deffend , when they are in amiri's position. I watched the clip and the dudes hand was in natural postion when falling on the grass trying to deffend the ball. How can someone fall down with their closed hands . His hand is in natural postion but when the ball hit his hand the hand is opened more which makes it like its intentional.

TBH This hand rule is stupid and can be manipulated in different scenarios .
          There's a subtle but important difference between the two situations as I described. You are not required to lock your hands behind your back the same way you are allowed to use your arms for running and outmuscling players. Amiris hand is at his side, ball launched at his hand, and Amiri is reflexively moving away.

The play above the guy has his arm out to increase his surface area in an unnatural way. I would look at it in a frame by frame manner.

Look at the difference between several scenarios in Europe when a ball hits a hand on a corner. You have the bone headed jumps from Pogba and Tiago Silva arm in the sky and then you have the reactive headers with incidental contact.

Comment

Why are you comparing hand movement in running to someone standing still trying to block a ball! There was no need to have his hand wide open. I've seen numerous players in amiri's sitation that have their hand locked behind them. The two example you gave is just two different secanrios. amiri wasn't even falling or tackling but he had his hands wide open just like a goali. I honestly hope similar thing happens again in IPL and we see if its counted as a penalty or not.

Look at these two images? you're telling me amiri having his hand wide open is "natural postion??" !! but the dude in antwerp game which was falling and had no control over his hand wasn't natural postion. !

There's a subtle but important difference between the two situations as I described. You are not required to lock your hands behind your back the same way you are allowed to use your arms for running and outmuscling players. Amiris hand is at his side, ball launched at his hand, and Amiri is reflexively moving away.

The play above the guy has his arm out to increase his surface area in an unnatural way. I would look at it in a frame by frame manner.

Look at the difference between several scenarios in Europe when a ball hits a hand on a corner. You have the bone headed jumps from Pogba and Tiago Silva arm in the sky and then you have the reactive headers with incidental contact.

Comment

Why are you comparing hand movement in running to someone standing still trying to block a ball! There was no need to have his hand wide open. I've seen numerous players in amiri's sitation that have their hand locked behind them. The two example you gave is just two different secanrios. amiri wasn't even falling or tackling but he had his hands wide open just like a goali. I honestly hope similar thing happens again in IPL and we see if its counted as a penalty or not.

Look at these two images? you're telling me amiri having his hand wide open is "natural postion??" !! but the dude in antwerp game which was falling and had no control over his hand wasn't natural postion. !

So does that mean #88 also should have his hands closed behind his back? Should every player have their hand behind their back the entire game? The next time you play football I want you to be openly conscious of everytime your hands are at your side the way Amiri's are and then tell me whether "locked hands" are a feasible way of playing the game. There is no rule saying you have to lock your hands your back when you are going to defend a 1v1 against a player.

If the Esteghlal player hit the ball of Amiri and it hit his own arm in the position he is in this frame, it would not be a handball despite his arms being extended wider as well. Theres a nuance for handballs depending on the situation.

Comment

no handball given at 5:20.

Super similar to amiri call.

I agree anybody saying that having your hands out at your side instead of locked behind your back at all times when defending 1v1 hasnt played football.

Comment

Okay first of all its not similar to amiri's incident. Its totally different. The reason the hand ball was dismissed was because of the fact that he was trying to deffend the ball with his chest while standing up (unlike amiri)

If you look at the video again His team mate headed the ball towards him and he was in natural position. In other words he had no time for putting his arm behind his back (unlike amiri).

This guy was trying to deffend the ball with his chest. Unlike amiri he wasn't bowing down and looking down at the ball having his arms widely open trying to block the ball. amiri's arms are widely open THATS not a Natural position. Its funny that he had his arms behind his back but then opened them just to block the ball.

This rule is confusing for everybody . I've read comments related to that game and there are mixed opinions about the penalty.

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

no handball given at 5:20.

Super similar to amiri call.

I agree anybody saying that having your hands out at your side instead of locked behind your back at all times when defending 1v1 hasnt played football.

Comment

just found this music video about the derby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgv-cT6ma0M
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                    X