Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Iranian players were great for their clubs but couldn't become TM regulars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest three were:

Farhad Majidi
    Iman Mobali
    Navidkia

All three were great for their clubs but never managed to become TM regulars.

Comment

Ali Samereh

Oladi

Kazemian

Mohsen Khalili

Rajabzadeh

Comment

Khatibi, he did have a great period at Sepahan.
        Navidkia
        Rajabzadel at Zob
        Fazli
        and of course the dead body of Enayati, the all-time top scorer of IPL
        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

The average PFDC user is young.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I was thinking more of people who had had a couple of caps guys, not ones who didn't quite do for TM what they did for their clubs.

Rajabzadeh got 16 caps sure, but he never really got given a chance. Someone mentioned Ansarifard, who has almost as many caps as Karim Bagheri!

Bezik didn't even make the squad when he was IPL top scorer.

KC, any others from the 90s?

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              I was thinking more of people who had had a couple of caps guys, not ones who didn't quite do for TM what they did for their clubs.
              Rajabzadeh got 16 caps sure, but he never really got given a chance. Someone mentioned Ansarifard, who has almost as many caps as Karim Bagheri!
              Bezik didn't even make the squad when he was IPL top scorer.
              KC, any others from the 90s?
              Ahmadzadeh is the clear absentee. Throughout the 80s and early 90s he was always either the top scorer or second top scorer in spite of not playing for any of the top 2 clubs (he played for Malavan and later Tejarat Bank). He only earned a handful of caps, mostly non official against club teams or B national teams. Other than him probably Feyzarbabi and Sabihsaran were also overlooked. In spite of the many club goals they scored, given that they played for Vahdat and some Ahvazi club (but later Keshavarz in Tehran) I can see why they weren't called to the national team much (or at all in Sabihsaran's case). Perhaps Azizian should be added too. Like Ahmadzadeh he only earned a few caps and then an injury ended his soccer career.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                Ahmadzadeh is the clear absentee. Throughout the 80s and early 90s he was always either the top scorer or second top scorer in spite of not playing for any of the top 2 clubs (he played for Malavan and later Tejarat Bank). He only earned a handful of caps, mostly non official against club teams or B national teams. Other than him probably Feyzarbabi and Sabihsaran were also overlooked. In spite of the many club goals they scored, given that they played for Vahdat and some Ahvazi club (but later Keshavarz in Tehran) I can see why they weren't called to the national team much (or at all in Sabihsaran's case). Perhaps Azizian should be added too. Like Ahmadzadeh he only earned a few caps and then an injury ended his soccer career.
                Thanks

Comment

I wonder which older players we could put in here.

I can think of Firouz Karimi who didn't get a single cap for TM despite a good 18 year career, winning the league twice for Pas.

Comment

It has to be Moharam NavidKia and Hadadifar. Specially hadadifar, he had the whole team on his hands in ACL. One of the reasons they reached finals was cuz of him.

To people that keep saying farhad majidi. This dude has 45 caps! 45 CAPS???? I can't find how many minutes he has played but I assume more than 2000 minutes .

Comment

Navidkia did get his chance though, he got 25 caps - the issues with him were injuries.

Haddadifar I kind of agree with, odd that out of recent players it is the Zob Ahan (and lesser extent Sepahan) ones who didn't really get the chance to show their club form and experience for TM

Another one is Taghipour who was the most solid centre back in Iran for 2-3 years for Zob but only got 7 caps

Comment

Working...
                      X