Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why have we lacked success in the past 40 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    I think, if we play the 1978 world cup team, in whatever physical shape they were in back then against the 2018 world cup team, 2018 team would win by at least 6 goals. Just an opinion, will never be able to prove it, but that is how I feel. 80% attributable to better nutrition/conditioning/etc... and 20 % being better technically, and tactically... Modern defenses are not comparable to the old defenses. Ghafoor Jahani can play 900 minutes against Pouraliganji and Majid Hosseini and he would still not be able to score. Again, my opinion. Not provable.
    No need to go even that far, Perspolis would trash the 1978 TM on any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
      Aha yes very interesting, is that why Iran was the best performing Asian country during the world cup of 1998? And together with South Korea the best performing Asian country during the world cup of 2014, and the best performing Asian country together with Japan during the world cup of 2018?
      Aside from producing the most talented players in Asia together with Japan and South Korea, TM got cheated during three Asian Cups. Lack of success? That's just a silly and laughable statement.
      The 90s is when the curve started. It is now near completion.
      South Korean and Japan are given a chance of advancing from their World Cup group and in fact they have advanced. We are not and have not.

You seem incapable of comprehending that 3 is more than zero and that 50% is not more than 50%.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

No need to go even that far, Perspolis would trash the 1978 TM on any day.
        You are unfamiliar with our soccer history.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

We have actually succeeded not failed
          Many middle and wealthy class iranians in sharif or La hollywood persian boys or canadian so called progressive persian boys whoever you all ate wherever are, you lost spoiled and have no perspective
          I for one believe we have succeeded as shown by many indications including pur nuclearprogram and foreign influence And our recent successes in last years world cup
          We dont have legitimate whore houses as did shah the us also doesnt gift us ventilators so they can throw out that idiot moron steak grilling reza shah when they see fit - we had nothing until the 1970/ now we do
          I for one will say that iranians have turned into idiots while akhoonds are for the first time ahead - this is because of the brain washing you have all been expsed to not by iran but by trump and macron, two sides of the same coin
          Sorry boys and girls you are lost and if u still dont see our improvements since 1970s you best tune into marco rubio because whether sharif university lids or not you are as dumb as southern americanos - u best beg for a role in shahs of sunset than watch soccer

Comment

Originally posted by aligholi View Post
            We have actually succeeded not failed

Many middle and wealthy class iranians in sharif or La hollywood persian boys or canadian so called progressive persian boys whoever you all ate wherever are, you lost spoiled and have no perspective

I for one believe we have succeeded as shown by many indications including pur nuclearprogram and foreign influence And our recent successes in last years world cup

We dont have legitimate whore houses as did shah the us also doesnt gift us ventilators so they can throw out that idiot moron steak grilling reza shah when they see fit - we had nothing until the 1970/ now we do

I for one will say that iranians have turned into idiots while akhoonds are for the first time ahead - this is because of the brain washing you have all been expsed to not by iran but by trump and macron, two sides of the same coin

Sorry boys and girls you are lost and if u still dont see our improvements since 1970s you best tune into marco rubio because whether sharif university lids or not you are as dumb as southern americanos - u best to brg a rile in shahs of sunset than watch soccer
            One phrase answers all your ramblings. You are incorset.

Comment

Without the Islamic revolution, Iran would already have reached the knockout stage of the WC multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
                Without the Islamic revolution, Iran would already have reached the knockout stage of the WC multiple times.
                Without IR, Iran probably would’ve been the first middle eastern country to host a World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by JoojehKoobedeh2 View Post
                  Without IR, Iran probably would’ve been the first middle eastern country to host a World Cup
                  In the 70s we actually bid to host the 1990 World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                    The 90s is when the curve started. It is now near completion.
                    South Korean and Japan are given a chance of advancing from their World Cup group and in fact they have advanced. We are not and have not.
                    You seem incapable of comprehending that 3 is more than zero and that 50% is not more than 50%.
                    We are not comparing Iranian football with Japanese or South Korean football are we? Your "thesis" is why have we lacked success in the past 40 years? And i have shown that your opinion of Iranian football being without success for the past 40 years is in fact incorrect. Iranian football has significantly progressed (except for the 80's when Iran was in a devastating war) compared to 1950-1980.

Now if your argument is that South Korean and Japanese football have progressed more than Iranian football over the span of 40 years then i agree with this argument. However they are just slightly better than us while we have more potential (just look at our head to head record against Japan and South Korea), as i said earlier we have been cheated 3 Asian Cups and if we had a little bit more luck we would've made it to the second round of the world cup on two or even three occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by JoojehKoobedeh2 View Post
                      It's funny that you actually believe that.

Comment

It's funny that you actually believe that.
                        You are unfamiliar with our history.

Comment

We are not comparing Iranian football with Japanese or South Korean football are we? Your "thesis" is why have we lacked success in the past 40 years? And i have shown that your opinion of Iranian football being without success for the past 40 years is in fact incorrect. Iranian football has significantly progressed (except for the 80's when Iran was in a devastating war) compared to 1950-1980.

Now if your argument is that South Korean and Japanese football have progressed more than Iranian football over the span of 40 years than i agree with this argument. However they are just slightly better than us (just look at our head to head record against Japan and South Korea), as i said earlier we have been cheated 3 Asian Cups and if we had a little bit more luck we would've made in to the second round of the world cup on two or even three occasions.
                          Do you agree that 3 is more than zero and that 50% is not more than 50%?

Comment

In the 70s we actually bid to host the 1990 World Cup.
                            Hahaha yes i'm sure FIFA would have granted Iran the hosting of world cup 1990 ahead of Italy xD.

And i'm sure the final would have been in my hometown Ahvaz, i was 7 years of age back then, but i'm sure i could've convinced my parents to take me to the Foolad Arena stadium in Iran Utopia . But sadly we'll never know

Comment

Hahaha yes i'm sure FIFA would have granted Iran the hosting of world cup 1990 ahead of Italy xD.
                              It was definitely possible but you wouldn't know about it as you are unfamiliar with our history.

Comment

It was definitely possible but you wouldn't know about it as you are unfamiliar with our history.
                                And you my friend are unfamiliar with reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X