Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these clowns also forget we would have no Gucci, no Dejagah, no Ghoddos, no Jahanbaksh, possibly no Azmoun or Ezatollahi without the presence of CQ, some of which were integral to one if not BOTH qualifying campaigns.

vagan cheghad chesh sefid hastan... smh

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    there was nearly nothing lucky about that monumental late run of wins to qualify to WC14...!! holly shittt....talk about short term memory...!!
    TM that Carlos inherited was nothing short of an absolute ClusterFK legitimately belonging to 2-3 rate Asian footballing nations, after years of the usual utter mismanagement and an absolute amateur and unqualified coaching leaderships from the likes GN, Daie and gholabi, with our prior Golden generation of players, mostly well passed their prime or already wasted and played out and nearly no decent promising and upcoming talent up the pipeline..!! shitt, we were literally struggling to qualify for the next AC, playing the most horrid football ive ever witness from TM in the run up to CQ's hiring back in was it 2011?
    just look at the Complete Wealth of TM Talent in nearly Every damn position on the pitch that Sir Carlito left us behind after his coaching Era......! Frankly you gotta be one apathetic outandout quack of a coach in the mold of Wiltits to attain such weakass results in the ensuing early WCQ rounds..!

you telling me beating Qatar away and especially SK away, especially when both opponents threw everything but the fking kitchen sink at our team from (pre-game psyching, referee-buying etc.) and all sorts of other usual self-harming shenanigans, mismanagement from our forever corrupt Federation to boot WAS A FLUKE...??? GTFOH with that BS...!!

Khalaayegh har che laaayegh ...... with that shitty outlook and namak nashnaasi we indeed deserve what we get..!!

lets wait till a draw or a narrow loss vs iraq or bahrain leaves us on verge of another embarrassing WCQ exit, then all you come back here crying and whining and wishing you had a blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      How was our game against Argentina great? In 2014 we set some of the wc lowest all time possession and offensive chances. Is football just defending? Since when?

In 2018 we played all 3 matches similar to 2014...we lacked any creativity up front during CQ era and teams figured us out. Look at how easily Asia's #1...a source of pride for CQ unraveled at AC.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Why so ungrateful? you really expect CQ to work some magic with an dysfunctional government managing soccer, not giving resources, creating endless stress for the management? He brought HAPPINESS to our people that hasn't been felt in some time, winning over Morocco and literally 5 cm away from making it to the second round and beating Portugal

CQ was a tremendous success for Iranian football and the infrastructure of players it gave for the future and the joy it gave for our people. anyone who says otherwise can't be taken seriously

Comment

The win we got under CQ against the weakest opponent we faced with him in WC had to rely on an own goal...that second win? Morocco? CQ era is done. It was fun but I think he took us as far as he could...time to go another direction now.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Your comments seem to come from a place where you think it is easy to get results with the Iranian national teams against teams that are on paper SIGNIFICANTLY better than we are.

You might not think that Morocco was a big deal but they were trouble for portugal and spain, and almost every one of their starting XI grew up in, developed in, and currently play in world class level teams!

Were talking about starting center backs for teams like Wolves and Bayern, not Some 21 year old majid or roozbeh cheshmi from esteghlal!

If we didnt reach a higher achievement it is not because of CQs shortcoming but because we lacked quality advantage on the pitch.

CQs tactics and approach were perfect for Iran because he gave us a team that was extremely disciplined and well coached to the point where we were able to stay in the game and fight against the worlds best teams.

Sure, we didn't have the best goal scoring record in the WC, but it really isnt CQs fault that taremi couldnt get one of his almost half a dozen chances against portugal on target.

Additionally, we literally had almoat no stress qualifying for the world cup.

When has that EVER happened for Iran?

I'm not saying that CQ was perfect or doesnt deserve any critique.

I think one major weakness he had was approaching certain games too conservatively.

For example against spain we showed that we could have easily taken more charge of the game and pressured spain from the get go, but we didn't until we conceded.

But considering how weak the domestic league players are, and how many of our players lack fundamental skills, I think CQs insistence on improving the fitness levels of the players and establishing and advocating for an entirely new team meli training center are some of his lasting legacys, he really brought the issue of poor fitness to attention of the entire league and all the coaches.

And almost every single player we currently have is a legacy of CQ scouting + development.
        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Hope he joins as our coach soon
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Ok people forget the WC for a second. Every CCq defender cites Argentina and Messi...every coach can have a good and bad day. And yes I enjoyed Argentina match in the moment but after watching it a year or two later it was not that spectacular.

Now let me ask you, as Asia's #1 team during his reign, was AC performance and outcome satisfactory? Did our play against an on par side leave you excited? Even against Asian teams we didn't excel.

Just like we were supoosedly an inch away from round 2 in WC we were an inch away from not advancing to WC in 2014. Gucci did some individual magic. Yes at times its a game of inches but CQ had no other game plan. I felt everygame the idea was defend and get 1 goal...regardless pf opponent.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

^^ I honoustly don't know what u expect from a Iranian NT?

Our country is in such despair that qualifying for a WC on itself is a huge deal.
              Same even goes for AC cups!

You do realise that we are a occupied country with zero friends, zero infrastructure and massive corruption?
              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Cq as TM director supervising and organisating all our football system (TM, youth academy).
                Or at least join a top 4 league club and hire some Iranians there

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                  ^^ I honoustly don't know what u expect from a Iranian NT?

Our country is in such despair that qualifying for a WC on itself is a huge deal.
                  Same even goes for AC cups!

You do realise that we are a occupied country with zero friends, zero infrastructure and massive corruption?
                  Maybe but then again let's focus on football. CQ had 8 years and was well paid as TM coach. He had camps and friendlies arranged all over the world. Its not like money wasn't spent and TM was devoid of all resources. During his 8 years he got more from IFF than any previous coach did...in fact he was one of the highest paid in WC both times....yes we lack facilities but we also had great camps against some world class teams...maybe thats the legacy of CQ but it didn't translate to much beyond ranking #1 in Asia. I mean are we that far off from Costa Rica and look what they did in WC...

Comment

Maybe but then again let's focus on football. CQ had 8 years and was well paid as TM coach. He had camps and friendlies arranged all over the world. Its not like money wasn't spent and TM was devoid of all resources. During his 8 years he got more from IFF than any previous coach did...in fact he was one of the highest paid in WC both times....yes we lack facilities but we also had great camps against some world class teams...maybe thats the legacy of CQ but it didn't translate to much beyond ranking #1 in Asia. I mean are we that far off from Costa Rica and look what they did in WC...
                    you realize he made more money than anybody else for IFF too right? the guy was a cash cow for them. From WC + AC performances he made back all the money they ever paid him + several million extra.

Comment

Hich morrabbi dar tarikhe Iran nadidam ke in hame JON KAND taa yek zirbana baraye TM besaaze.

Baazihaaye doostaneh va ordohaayi ke daashtim baraye in bood ke Carlos 24 saate esrar mikard va mikooshid.

Nazm va falsafe be team daad: angize ijaad kard va kaare gorohi yaad daad,

Yek morrabbie kamelan herfeyi bood amma dor o baresh ye mosht hezbollahiye nafahm micharkhidan va kerm mirikhtan.

Baraye hamin be nazare man kari ke dar Iran kard shahkaar bood.

Gracias por todo Carlos, sos un grande
                      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        you realize he made more money than anybody else for IFF too right? the guy was a cash cow for them. From WC + AC performances he made back all the money they ever paid him + several million extra.
                        How did he make iff money? Even if he did the sanctions have prevented that from happening which of course is not his concern nor should it be. Its not like IFF had competent sponsorships that happened as a result of CQ. He also trashed and fought back against UHLSPORT which resulted in jerseygate. Maybe the fines he received during his tenure made us money???

Come on you and I both know this is a stretch argument to make since national teams don't play for financial gains like private teams.

Look why can't everyone just accept not all of us are a fan of parking the bus football and/or CQ? He had his time, let's move on and hope Skocic can pull this off. Let's look forward rather than backwards and if we gained even if we can't agree on how much from CQ can we not build on that?

Comment

Queiroz did so much for our football and gave me personally so much pride when I travelled around Russia and Brazil.

I am so glad he gave some joy and respite to this suffering country, the memories will never leave (does anyone have that compilation from when he left us, I have the one below but there was another time one?)

I think he should now rest, enjoy his life. Whilst I'd love to see him in Iran again, the way he was treated beggars belief. I don't want to see him put through that again.

https://youtu.be/pIx05SE1gsY

https://twitter.com/DrStrangetwit/st...852164610?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

CQ will always be loved by most iranians. Many of us had a new view on our Team Melli. It inspired us. It was under him that we qualified back to back to the world cup. It was under him where the regime started to let women into our stadiums. It was under him that our players went back to european leagues. I will always be grateful if comes back and give us some new hope.

Comment

How did he make iff money? Even if he did the sanctions have prevented that from happening which of course is not his concern nor should it be. Its not like IFF had competent sponsorships that happened as a result of CQ. He also trashed and fought back against UHLSPORT which resulted in jerseygate. Maybe the fines he received during his tenure made us money???

Come on you and I both know this is a stretch argument to make since national teams don't play for financial gains like private teams.

Look why can't everyone just accept not all of us are a fan of parking the bus football and/or CQ? He had his time, let's move on and hope Skocic can pull this off. Let's look forward rather than backwards and if we gained even if we can't agree on how much from CQ can we not build on that?

I believe just qualifying for the world cup nets a national team $4-6 million? So that alone he made IFF $8-12 million?

Comment

what do you mean? Back to back WCs made TM over around 20 million EU...

Sanctions or not that money will eventually reach IFF unless certain entities thieve from it first. I agree we need to build on foundation CQ made from literal rubble. And it is precisely bc of CQs insistence on certain standards (like TM getting chartered planes, proper equipment, etc) that a world class facility was finally built for all of our national teams to use. One that future coaches said is on international level. When a team sees that a coach is willing to fight tooth and nail for their equipment, pitches, their bonuses, etc they in turn fight tooth and nail for him. And again, performances against argentina, spain, portugal, morocco, nigeria all of whom are MILES ahead of the TMs that faced them prove that point. Yes, like it or not, CQ was a big part of that finally happening. And we could have used him for much much more to build our fundamentally deficient youth football, something he was one of the main people who set up in PORTUGAL who now produces so much world class talent (players and coaches!) they dont even know what to do with. Their success now in large part can be attributed to the foundational work of CQ.

These are undeniable facts. Somebody of CQs stature has simply not ever been involved in our football and probably wont ever be again. Instead we will persist with same zero overall plan for out football, sometimes get results, sometimes have a good generation, but never enact real systemic change from ground up to take all of our age groups to next level on consistent basis. Precisely bc of this idea that somehow what we are doing in general is good, and a AC win here or there (nevermind that prior to CQ our excellent footballing standard of offensive football failed to win one AC since 1976!) is the GOLD standard.

Comment

Working...
                                X