This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    My point exactly. We could also argue CQ was given the rare opportunity to lead our nation for 8 years and thus had a chance to go to back to back WC.

The irony here is CQ has failed everywhere yet in Iran we have found a silver lining...perhaps we want so desperately to believe these 8 years were a success. To me the bar for our NT has to be more than first round exits in modern WCs. Branko did it, Talebi did it...CQ did it twice.

And I know my opinion is an unpopular one and that is ok too...maybe I am missing what you all feel so passionately about. Im only looking at the footballing aspects of the coach and his reign over TM.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
    Haji, I'm not CQ's biggest fan (I have issues with his some of his player selections, and also his short tempered antics on the sideline which set a bad example for our players) but you can not compare our WC performances under CQ to 06 or 98.

We were one Taremi header or Taremi shot with the left foot from qualifying to the knockout round of the WC with group consisting of Spain, Portugal, the best team in Africa.

Comment

I hope Carlos Queiroz returns to Iranian national team. We must not forget what he has achieved with Iran for 8 years. The best football, culminating in the 2018 World Cup!

If he now takes over from the Croat, will make it to the 2022 World Cup.

They should have kept Carlos Queiroz after the Asia Cup 2019 and never let go.

I thought with what we saw during the 2018 World Cup, a 3rd World Cup with Carlos Queiroz, will have caused even greater surprise and Qatar is just like our home.

Comment

My point exactly. We could also argue CQ was given the rare opportunity to lead our nation for 8 years and thus had a chance to go to back to back WC.

The irony here is CQ has failed everywhere yet in Iran we have found a silver lining...perhaps we want so desperately to believe these 8 years were a success. To me the bar for our NT has to be more than first round exits in modern WCs. Branko did it, Talebi did it...CQ did it twice.

And I know my opinion is an unpopular one and that is ok too...maybe I am missing what you all feel so passionately about. Im only looking at the footballing aspects of the coach and his reign over TM.

I think saying everywhere except Iran is a bit too harsh.
        (He won twice FIFA Youth World Championship 1989 and 1991. UEFA European under 16 championship in 1989.)

But about Iran when you say, he had 8 years, therefore could bring us to two WCs back to back. If it is under the assumption that other coaches, who coached us in the past could do the same, then you have a valid argument, but I am not sure myself, that others we had in the past could do that.
        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
          (He won twice FIFA Youth World Championship 1989 and 1991. UEFA European under 16 championship in 1989.)

But about Iran when you say, he had 8 years, therefore could bring us to two WCs back to back. If it is under the assumption that other coaches, who coached us in the past could do the same, then you have a valid argument, but I am not sure myself, that others we had in the past could do that.
          I think he had 8 years because he earned a second term after his first. Others didn't and were sacked or a new contract was not offered upon completion of their existing one.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

no chance hes coming back unfortunately

Comment

As predicted. 11 men behind the ball and kick and chase will not do for any self respecting teams. You do not need to pay a coach millions to put 11 men behind the ball and call it a defensive structure. You can do that with any coach really just tell Azmoun and Taremi to come back in our own box on defense. why would we want him back in our team?! 8 years he was given. More than any other coach without any real accomplishments. People who keep saying he qualified to two world cups forget first he was given the chance despite a lousy performance in the world cup and worst results in Asian cup. Not to mention that we actually were lucky in the qualifying group not to be grouped with the usual teams that beat us out of qualification. Had we gotten a Saudi and a japan or an Ausie and a Korea instead of just one traditional power like we did we would not have qualified. Another point that is missed is he was provided everything he needed from facility to private jet and charter flights other coaches were simply not afforded this. You can argue that he got it through his constant nagging but you cannot ignore the role of the investment made.

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post

Viera in 97 didnt even get the chance to coach us in WC 98. Who knows what that team could have done with him in France 98 and beyond?

You could also argue Talebi in 1998 had 1 victory and more goals scored with TM while CQ only had 1 goal scored and no victories in 2014. So does that mean Talebi had been robbed of 4 more years? What you are saying is nonsensicle in the sense that you play football to win...CQ didnt win at seniors mens level coaching our NT anymore than the coaches before him.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                  As predicted. 11 men behind the ball and kick and chase will not do for any self respecting teams. You do not need to pay a coach millions to put 11 men behind the ball and call it a defensive structure. You can do that with any coach really just tell Azmoun and Taremi to come back in our own box on defense. why would we want him back in our team?! 8 years he was given. More than any other coach without any real accomplishments. People who keep saying he qualified to two world cups forget first he was given the chance despite a lousy performance in the world cup and worst results in Asian cup. Not to mention that we actually were lucky in the qualifying group not to be grouped with the usual teams that beat us out of qualification. Had we gotten a Saudi and a japan or an Ausie and a Korea instead of just one traditional power like we did we would not have qualified. Another point that is missed is he was provided everything he needed from facility to private jet and charter flights other coaches were simply not afforded this. You can argue that he got it through his constant nagging but you cannot ignore the role of the investment made.
                  yea, but IFF and the likes of you Proved that you could Indeed pay more than Twice the millions to another moftkhor coach in order to hardly give a flying fk about their highly paid job and barely even show up few days prior to the games into the country in order to guid us to into embarrassing back to back WCQ defeats against the likes of Iraq and Bahrain and leave TM on the brinks of elimination from the EARLY Rounds of the WCQ...!!
                  spare us your tired CQ hating bs .... heard it all before and many here have proven you wrong on absolutely every aspect of your asinine comments on the matter..!
                  Last edited by BacheLot; 12-02-2020, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                    Your post contained the numbers 1, 2, 8, 11 and million.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Viera in 97 didnt even get the chance to coach us in WC 98. Who knows what that team could have done with him in France 98 and beyond?
                      You could also argue Talebi in 1998 had 1 victory and more goals scored with TM while CQ only had 1 goal scored and no victories in 2014. So does that mean Talebi had been robbed of 4 more years? What you are saying is nonsensicle in the sense that you play football to win...CQ didnt win at seniors mens level coaching our NT anymore than the coaches before him.
                      When you talk about not being given a chance, what is it that makes soccer federations give a coach a chance? What do they base such decisions on?

Comment

You know criticizing CQ's time in Iran is particularly Ironic, at this point in time when we are one loss away from elimination in the preliminary round of qualifications.

So ?!!!?!!!?!!!
                        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Best case scenario is he takes charge of a team in a top 4 league and brings a few of his TM players....that would be a dream come true honestly and much more realistic than seeing him back in TM.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            Best case scenario is he takes charge of a team in a top 4 league and brings a few of his TM players....that would be a dream come true honestly and much more realistic than seeing him back in TM.
                            Taremi and Azmoun together up front 🥰

Comment

Anyone who thinks he's coming back to Team Melli is delusional. That ship has long sailed.

He is still a world class manager. Remember, he was fired by Colombia, not the Mozambique National Team...

He will find another coaching gig soon. Let's hope it's a club team so he can bring some of our players in, although I'm pretty sure he doesn't enjoy coaching club.

Comment

His best work at a club has always been as the number two , he can still have a great influence there and also he is nearly 67, I think he will take a break for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X