Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

come on have some shame with some of these arguments.

CQ set up a tactical masterclass that put our national team on a level where they could seriously beat anybody on any given night. Only 1/6 matches in WC was TM not in with a strong chance of winning, and he improved that from Bosnia game by ensuring players had the physical ability to last 3 matches. At the end of the day, CQ put us in a position where if taremi takes any of 1 of his 4 golden chances in WC we top a group with Spain, Portugal, and Morocco.

And IDK how you can downplay quality of that morocco side. On paper they are 30x stronger than TM, with world class talent, and were well coached, and gave spain and portugal a lot of problems too.

TM had a real identity. We could hang with any national team in the world. We had one freak result vs Japan after 8 years, and even then the game was very in the balance after 45 mins. It is not unheard of to conceded 1 then concede 2 on the break in knockout football.

Now, this is not to say that TM didnt have limitation under CQ. But those were being slowly addressed too with incorporation of gholizadeh, ghoddos, etc to add to our creative abilities. Emergence of a more technical RB in moharrami, etc. These things are a process. It took him 8 years to build a team with proper physical qualities and priniciples of shape, defensive positioning, etc. The next logical steps were better play through the midfield and a upping of our creative output.

But to downplay the level he got TM playing at as just parking the bus, not exciting, blah blah blah screams of pure ignorance. what I would give to be able to go into ANY match vs any opposition thinking TM has a fair shot of winning, and if not winning, making life extremely difficult for the opposition again...man.

Comment

Interesting read about CQ and how he failed in US soccer...his history before TM is actually not impressive and tbh I just think we have such a low threshold that we have elevated no championship Cq as a king..

http://www.metrofanatic.com/story.jsp?ID=3516

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

It's not that we have a low threshold but rather that you have an incredibly misconceived sense of what you think the 'steady state' standard of this team is.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
          It's not that we have a low threshold but rather that you have an incredibly misconceived sense of what you think the 'steady state' standard of this team is.
          Maybe it's just all subjective? The record and history books for CQ time with TM are not impressive. After all we play football to win right? Win championships is the goal of every sports team at every level of the game...

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
            Maybe it's just all subjective? The record and history books for CQ time with TM are not impressive. After all we play football to win right? Win championships is the goal of every sports team at every level of the game...

I mean, there are a lot of intangibles. If you look purely at the number of championships, then yes, CQ doesn't stand out. Likewise, you can look at the win % and he's been about as good as other managers (in fact, I think Ali Daei had the highest win %).

That said, many of the best things attributed with CQ were attributes you don't see on a statistics sheet. First B2B qualification for the World Cup and an evident improvement in performance from 2014 to 2018 (with 2018 being a more challenging group). This isn't even me saying this; global pundits who rarely rate non European or South American sides were singing our praises. One of the longest undefeated streaks in Asian football (including multiple victories over South Korea). This was the first Team Melli that truly had an identity and looked like a team that belongs in the 21st century. There are very few occasions where an Asian team looks to be in league beyond that continent and CQ's TM (particularly 2014-2019) was one of those teams.

As for his 'park the bus' style (which I don't think is a fair label), CQ's intention was to play attacking football initially. He tried this between 2011-2012 and it didn't really yield any positive results. In fact, there was a FIFA interview with Nekounam around 2012 where he said that CQ wants to play attacking football as that seems to better play to the strength of the players, etc. Turning points were the losses to Lebanon & Uzbekistan in 2012 where something needed to change and that somethin was to build from the back.

Contrary to your thoughts, I thought we could have had an incredible run with CQ in 2022. An entire generation of top quality players (Azmoun, AJB, Taremi, Ghoddos, Mohammadi, Beiranvand, Moharammi, Hosseini, PAG, etc.) would be hitting their prime and have played their entire NT career in a clearly defined system. What a shame.

Comment

listen to what didi hamann said. this was what cq was trying to reach for all his years, he always said we are trying to win international prestige och recognition.

Comment

I’m watching the cops libertadores match between flamengo and racing and they just announced CQ has officially been sacked as Colombia NT coach.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Let’s bring the king back home!

Comment

Long live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      I’m watching the cops libertadores match between flamengo and racing and they just announced CQ has officially been sacked as Colombia NT coach.
                      I feel sad for Carlos.
                      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                        Depends by what merits we look at it.
                        One can argue we went to two successive world cups with CQ, whereas we failed many times in the past to qualify with other coaches who had better "win statistics".
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Queiroz leaves Colombia post after slow start to World Cup qualifying

Carlos Queiroz has left his post as Colombia head coach after almost two years at the helm.

Queiroz's departure was announced by the Colombian Football Federation (FCF) on Tuesday after the nation's slow start to 2022 World Cup qualifying.

Colombia, who have featured at the past two World Cups, have won just one of their opening four qualifiers, collecting four points to sit seventh.

"The Colombian Football Federation and the technical director Carlos Queiroz agreed the coach would not continue as head of the Colombian Men's National Team," a statement read.

Former Real Madrid, Portugal and Iran boss Queiroz took over in Colombia in February 2019.

He oversaw 18 games at the helm, winning nine, drawing five and losing four.

But Colombia lost 3-0 to Uruguay and were thrashed 6-1 in Ecuador in qualifying last month, leading to his exit.

https://www.livescore.com/en/footbal...101qt076dxvxd/

Comment

Morrabbigari dar Amrikaaye Latin kheili sakhtar ast ta dar Asia: feshaare natijegiri az federation bishtare, entezarhaaye tarafdarhaa ham hamintor.

Agar Iran yek jam'eye varzeshie ba-barnaame va nazm va ehteraam bood, migoftam shanse bargashtane CQ vojood dare,

amma zire in mollahaa dige Carlos bar nemigarde.
                            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiAcU2DvbXM

From min 16 and on its good stuff on iran and CQ

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                                Depends by what merits we look at it.
                                One can argue we went to two successive world cups with CQ, whereas we failed many times in the past to qualify with other coaches who had better "win statistics".
                                My point exactly. We could also argue CQ was given the rare opportunity to lead our nation for 8 years and thus had a chance to go to back to back WC.

The irony here is CQ has failed everywhere yet in Iran we have found a silver lining...perhaps we want so desperately to believe these 8 years were a success. To me the bar for our NT has to be more than first round exits in modern WCs. Branko did it, Talebi did it...CQ did it twice.

And I know my opinion is an unpopular one and that is ok too...maybe I am missing what you all feel so passionately about. Im only looking at the footballing aspects of the coach and his reign over TM.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X