X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rightoussoul View Post
    People have short memories.
    He also struggled to qualify us in 2014, in reality we shouldn't have even made it to Brazil!
    We qualified based on a extremely lucky result in Korea obtained via a goal that was 100% due to an amateurish mistake by the Korean defender, in a game that like most other CQ games we were badly outplayed, and out possesioned!
    Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
    Go farther back.
    He switched the teams formation to defensive and we beat Qatar, Lebanon, Korea in succession. 3 wins. A defeat for South Korea on South Korean soil and a defeat for Qatar in Qatar. This is what history remembers.

No one will ever care that we lost to Yugoslavia 1-0 in 1998 but had more chances. They care that we beat Morocco in 2018.

So we qualified to 2014 with one of our lowest points when it comes to player pool. We fielded players like Beikzadeh and got a win in Korea where we couldn't do it with more talented players in years prior.
    Last edited by perspolis#1; 11-20-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

He also struggled to qualify us in 2014, in reality we shouldn't have even made it to Brazil!

We qualified based on a extremely lucky result in Korea obtained via a goal that was 100% due to an amateurish mistake by the Korean defender, in a game that like most other CQ games we were badly outplayed, and out possesioned!

there was nearly nothing lucky about that monumental late run of wins to qualify to WC14...!! holly shittt....talk about short term memory...!!
      TM that Carlos inherited was nothing short of an absolute ClusterFK legitimately belonging to 2-3 rate Asian footballing nations, after years of the usual utter mismanagement and an absolute amateur and unqualified coaching leaderships from the likes GN, Daie and gholabi, with our prior Golden generation of players, mostly well passed their prime or already wasted and played out and nearly no decent promising and upcoming talent up the pipeline..!! shitt, we were literally struggling to qualify for the next AC, playing the most horrid football ive ever witness from TM in the run up to CQ's hiring back in was it 2011?
      just look at the Complete Wealth of TM Talent in nearly Every damn position on the pitch that Sir Carlito left us behind after his coaching Era......! Frankly you gotta be one apathetic outandout quack of a coach in the mold of Wiltits to attain such weakass results in the ensuing early WCQ rounds..!

you telling me beating Qatar away and especially SK away, especially when both opponents threw everything but the fking kitchen sink at our team from (pre-game psyching, referee-buying etc.) and all sorts of other usual self-harming shenanigans, mismanagement from our forever corrupt Federation to boot WAS A FLUKE...??? GTFOH with that BS...!!

Khalaayegh har che laaayegh ...... with that shitty outlook and namak nashnaasi we indeed deserve what we get..!!

lets wait till a draw or a narrow loss vs iraq or bahrain leaves us on verge of another embarrassing WCQ exit, then all you come back here crying and whining and wishing you had a blah blah blah

Comment

We qualified one game before our last WCQ match. Lucky win? Going by that logic 50% of all football matches are based on luck. Not always the better and stronger side is supposed to win. The winner is always the team that knows how to capitalize on its Golden opportunities and walk off the pitch proud and full handed with 3 points in hand. The rest is just fairytale and will not be remembered and cherished after some years.

Plus if your team is not good enough to take advantage of "amateurish mistakes" and capitalize and convert opponents mistakes, then your team is crap, for TM very often knew how to exploit those "amateurish mistakes" that's an art of its own.

Comment

Apparently Columbian FA is too broke to replace CQ...

https://www.explica.co/the-colombian...arlos-queiroz/

And of course wherever CQ goes controversy follows...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...buse-case.html

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
            Apparently Columbian FA is too broke to replace CQ...

https://www.explica.co/the-colombian...arlos-queiroz/
            Ironic that CQ went from one deadbeat FA to another, but this time, it actually worked in his favor...it may keep him employed!

Comment

Inja gofte mishe ke ta jaygozine CQ peyda nashe ekhraaj nemishe:

https://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/fu...emplazo-550176
              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

if there was ever a possibility to replace CQ for skocic at TM helm id do so asap... no time to waste with z-standard coaches who were coaching in azadegan! could you imagine *touchwood* we qualify for WC could you really be confident with this guy outsmarting Sanchez or Paulo Bento no chance...

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
                  if there was ever a possibility to replace CQ for skocic at TM helm id do so asap... no time to waste with z-standard coaches who were coaching in azadegan! could you imagine *touchwood* we qualify for WC could you really be confident with this guy outsmarting Sanchez or Paulo Bento no chance...
                  You need to score goals to win in WC. CQ doesnt believe TM can score and as such with him we really fall short everytime since his lineups do not focus on offensive possession and goal facing creativity. We played all 6 matches under his tutelage in the WCs the same way regardless of opponent. So ya I would take a chance on Skocic if he got us out of the hell Wilmots left us with because nothing ventured nothing gained!

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you think we will qualify for WC with such in the next round?

Japan Iran KSA Iraq bahrain oman?

Comment

You need to score goals to win in WC. CQ doesnt believe TM can score and as such with him we really fall short everytime since his lineups do not focus on offensive possession and goal facing creativity. We played all 6 matches under his tutelage in the WCs the same way regardless of opponent. So ya I would take a chance on Skocic if he got us out of the hell Wilmots left us with because nothing ventured nothing gained!

The Italians invented defensive football and have 4 World cups. The results speak for themselves.

The Spanish with all of their flair and possession have mustered 1

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        The Italians invented defensive football and have 4 World cups. The results speak for themselves.

The Spanish with all of their flair and possession have mustered 1
                        You are comparing Italy and Spain...masters of possession, defense, and offense...aka total football to CQ park the bus tactics? Reat assured those teams didnt approach Morocco in the same manner they approached Argentina...

Comment

You are comparing Italy and Spain...masters of possession, defense, and offense...aka total football to CQ park the bus tactics? Reat assured those teams didnt approach Morocco in the same manner they approached Argentina...
                          Thats not what total football is. Total football is about the fluidity of the players in the system aka Holland 1970s.

Fact of the matter is for all of our pride toward our football we got our second ever win in a WC game under CQ using his tactics. Winning in A WC game was the exception for us even with bekesh ziresh, and total attack under other coaches.

The strategy was working and just one miss at the last second dictated the outcome.

I'm not sure where this confidence is coming from where we would be winning games against the best teams in the world if we went 4-3 or 3-2 if we played them toe to toe.

Wilmots literally followed the Iranian media to a T who asked for more offensive football only and right on cue we lose to two Arab teams because our defensive setup sucked.

I agree there needs to be expansive game play at times but we never really got a grasp of it. Buildup in IPL is slow. Our players get outpressed often.

These are institutional things that need to be changed and wont change under any NT coach

Comment

CARLOS ! I hope he will return! The King of Iranian football and big Suprise we did at the World Cup 2018 Russia! We will never forget and respect him for all what he has done.

We played almost 1:1 Spain and we had to WIN Portugal with 2:1 it was not our luck. and not to forget World Cup 2014 we almost won/Draw Argentina. World Cup 2018 was the best ever World Cup winning Morocco by 1:0

I hope Carlos will return for Asian Cup 2023 and World Cup 2026. They had to keep Carlos with Iran! and we I am sure we where number 1 in our group!

If they had keep Carlos 3th World Cup 2022 playing almost at home! with meany Iranians coming to Qatar the suprisse would be even better!

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                              Thats not what total football is. Total football is about the fluidity of the players in the system aka Holland 1970s.

Fact of the matter is for all of our pride toward our football we got our second ever win in a WC game under CQ using his tactics. Winning in A WC game was the exception for us even with bekesh ziresh, and total attack under other coaches.

The strategy was working and just one miss at the last second dictated the outcome.

I'm not sure where this confidence is coming from where we would be winning games against the best teams in the world if we went 4-3 or 3-2 if we played them toe to toe.

Wilmots literally followed the Iranian media to a T who asked for more offensive football only and right on cue we lose to two Arab teams because our defensive setup sucked.

I agree there needs to be expansive game play at times but we never really got a grasp of it. Buildup in IPL is slow. Our players get outpressed often.

These are institutional things that need to be changed and wont change under any NT coach
                              The win we got under CQ against the weakest opponent we faced with him in WC had to rely on an own goal...that second win? Morocco? CQ era is done. It was fun but I think he took us as far as he could...time to go another direction now.

Comment

I don't understand your view.

We were playing deimi hit and hope football since the seventies, and this guy came in, instilled discipline and took us to being the most feared team in Asia. Not only that but he looked forward and planted seeds for the future.

We played a game in two world cups which impressed all the pundits, "like a well-drilled club side". For those of us who had never seen Iran properly defend set pieces it seemed like a miracle to see such a change.

As a result, our national team which struggles due to a unique political situation, poor infrastructure and so many other problems went to two world cups and returned home with heads held high. It felt so good being a TM fan in Brazil and Russia where everyone was so surprised by us. Our team's value on transfermarkt and expectations of us wete a fraction of teams like "dark horse" Morocco and Nigeria, let alone Spain, Portugal and Argentina. I suspect there's a lack of realism amongst some people of what the status of Iran's football, and objective predictions of us, were...

Queiroz gave us pride which we didn't have for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X