Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ would probably take a break if he was to get sacked. The man hasn't had a break from coaching in ages. He would live off of his termination money and sit back and enjoy life from home.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
      Part of the issue is that players have to buy into the system. Most of our players did a great job of that. Columbia has a much richer footballing tradition than we do. No way those players were going to buy into CQ’s ultra defensive tactics.
      Our players bought into the system because of comments like yours. We were #1in Asia and went into every match claiming to be underdogs and using counterattack. In the end we got served a hard truth because we couldnt dictate play without going defense first. CQ just parked the bus...8 years was a fun ride but lets move on.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

CQ did a lot of great things for our football and I am forever grateful. That era is over. We have moved on. Time to create a whole new future for our TM. Wishing him health and success.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
          maybe It's because of the back to back world cup qualification ?
          It is possible, but he was the only coach that was ever given that chance to qualify for back to back world cups.

A fair observer would say that a country like Iran should pretty much always qualify from a weak Asian continent. The fact that we don't is more a failure of the coaches and players that failed.

Personally for me how we play is also important, and underCQ we were one of the most negative teams. We did have a great defence however.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Comment

The latest reports from Colombian media suggest Queiroz is on the verge of being fired:
            https://gol.caracoltv.com/seleccion-...ccion-colombia

Comment

Originally posted by rightoussoul View Post
              It is possible, but he was the only coach that was ever given that chance to qualify for back to back world cups.

A fair observer would say that a country like Iran should pretty much always qualify from a weak Asian continent. The fact that we don't is more a failure of the coaches and players that failed.

Personally for me how we play is also important, and underCQ we were one of the most negative teams. We did have a great defence however.

You do realize we are struggling to qualify. We are behind Bahrain and Iraq.

60 wins, 121+ goal differential, back-to-back WC qualification .....
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
                The latest reports from Colombian media suggest Queiroz is on the verge of being fired:
                https://gol.caracoltv.com/seleccion-...ccion-colombia
                Be nazar mirese khode mardome Colombia doost darand ke José Pekerman bargarde beshe morrabbie Colombia.

Mishe goft ke Pekerman baraye colombiaihaa manande CQ ast baraye maa.
                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Be gofteye in gozaaresh, CQ emrooz ekhraaj mishe:

https://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/fu...minente-550053
                  DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by rightoussoul View Post

At the end of the day, it depends on your tastes. I prefer Iran get results over just pretty football because we have been result deprived for 40 years.

It should also be noted that despite the fact that we "probably should" qualify everytime from Asia...we struggle. I've never seen any coach deal with our bogey teams and Arab teams like CQ. Qatar/UAE/Oman/Bahrain drew blanks.

The man set up a lot of excellent foundation too that will be inevitably squandered if things continue to run in IFF the way they have. That's the truth

Comment

When I remember how Colombia waste our asian cup with rumors on meetings with CQ during the competition, I am happy with this outcome

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        At the end of the day, it depends on your tastes. I prefer Iran get results over just pretty football because we have been result deprived for 40 years.

It should also be noted that despite the fact that we "probably should" qualify everytime from Asia...we struggle. I've never seen any coach deal with our bogey teams and Arab teams like CQ. Qatar/UAE/Oman/Bahrain drew blanks.

The man set up a lot of excellent foundation too that will be inevitably squandered if things continue to run in IFF the way they have. That's the truth
                        Again subjective. Results under CQ still equaled no championships in any competition...not even WAFF. So while you think we got results playing unattractive football with some of the lowest possession stats recorded in WC history others would prefer we medal while playing a different style

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Yek chizi ke CQ be TM daad ke be nazare man HARGEZ ghablan nadashtim, yek FALSAFEH bood.

Team Melli zire Carlos yek falsafeye OSTOVAARE taktiki daasht, ke na Branko na hich kas pishtar tonest be team bede.

Man shakhsan shak daram Skocic betoone yek falsafeye taktikie dorost o hesaabi dar TM besaaze, amma nemitonam

pish-davaari konam chon tanha dota baazie doostaneh edaare karde.

Hesse man ine ke kesi manande Stramaccioni mitone yek taktike dorost o hesaabi be team bede.
                          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            When I remember how Colombia waste our asian cup with rumors on meetings with CQ during the competition, I am happy with this outcome
                            I am not sure if Colombia broke down the door and stole CQ. I think our federation, journalist, and maybe our government opened the door by only extending his contract by six months, having rumors and gossip every day, etc... they opened the door and invited the Colombians in...

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                              I am not sure if Colombia broke down the door and stole CQ. I think our federation, journalist, and maybe our government opened the door by only extending his contract by six months, having rumors and gossip every day, etc... they opened the door and invited the Colombians in...
                              Add to that not paying their salaries on time.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                                You do realize we are struggling to qualify. We are behind Bahrain and Iraq.

60 wins, 121+ goal differential, back-to-back WC qualification .....
                                People have short memories.

He also struggled to qualify us in 2014, in reality we shouldn't have even made it to Brazil!

We qualified based on a extremely lucky result in Korea obtained via a goal that was 100% due to an amateurish mistake by the Korean defender, in a game that like most other CQ games we were badly outplayed, and out possesioned!

Comment

Working...
                                X