Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I see from the discussion here, the two camps argument is centered around Iran's level of football class before CQ joined us.

Those, who rate him favorably, say and think Iran's level was not the top of Asia when CQ joined us, and he made us the number 1 Asian team, with the best defense on the whole continent (something that has been Iran's weak point since a long time).

Those, who don't rate him favorably, say and think Iran was already the best of Asia before CQ and therefor after 8 years he should have brought us to
    second round of WC.

So, really I think the question should be, do you think Iran was the best Asian team before CQ or not?!
    I think based on the answer to this question, we can understand the other side better.
    I am just trying to connect our thoughts and find a middle ground!

What you guys think? Is it the right way to put it?
    Lets discuss this maturely here:
    http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...82#post2714282
    Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 12-09-2020, 12:20 AM.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/ca...2097945/page-4

lol...

*FPC = Colombian league

“Ahora las cosas cambiaron para todos. Nuestro trabajo cambió mucho y convocamos a los jugadores por las observaciones en la televisión, así como los periodistas opinan de lo que ven en televisión. Entonces, los partidos de la Liga local tienen restricciones en Europa y en Surámerica, intenté ver algunos partidos, pero las restricciones son...", dijo Queiroz en rueda de prensa.

As part of his reason for not calling certain players from FPC, our coach said that he can't watch certain games on the internet...

This right here says everything you need to know about this guy.

Comment

I love how people keep blaming the Asian Cups on CQ as if it wasn’t our own players who literally lost themselves like headless chickens and ran up to the ref instead of the ball. As if a very soft penalty call is CQs fault. As if injuries to our main defensive midfielder prior to the cup is CQs fault. As if Benjamin Williams was CQs fault... make it make sense people you are the real ones who’ve gotten exposed out here on this forum. Every anti CQ person on here has been blatantly proved wrong completely. There never ever was a better coach. We currently are struggling to even make it out of a group prior to the main stage of qualifiers. The accomplishments Quieroz has had exceeds any accomplishments any other coach had. There never was a better playing Iran we never played beautiful tiki taka hold 70% possession game. I know back then football was different but I’m speaking for 2006+ man we didn’t even have a game plan during that WQ. Seriously the mans gone let it go. People on here act like Iran ever played at a standard and level where we could say ok CQ was overrated but we never did. He was the best we could’ve gotten with this type of *** edited*** Republic running the country.

CLEAN LANGUAGE PLZ!
        WARNED,
        !
        Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 12-10-2020, 05:07 AM.

Comment

He is now Egypt head coach.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTj_tbqI...dium=copy_link

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Carlos Queiroz may be soon available again

Good luck to Carlos. Egypt will be a nice challenge for him, kinda similar to TM level so this might be a better fit than Colombia.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              Good luck to Carlos. Egypt will be a nice challenge for him, kinda similar to TM level so this might be a better fit than Colombia.
              Despite having by far the strongest league in Africa, and few world class legionnaires and winning CAN few times, they struggle to regularly qualify to WC. So bringing a man who is the master in this matter was wise decision

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

We must all agree that TM prior to CQ was a mess, both Psychologically, tactically and of course financially , not to mention huge challenges in infrastructure . Can we deny also that CQ brought immense discipline, taught professionalism and pushed our Thieving officials to build infrastructure!?? He was the very few if not the ONLY head coach that truly loved Iran, Iranians and Iranian footballers, he instilled a sense of patriotism, never die attitude and taught IFF how to professionally run a federation, he also laid a strategic long term plan that according to him will continue the path to building a strong senior team so in Summary he built the very foundaton that today a decent coach like Skocic can draw upon! You cannot build a high rise tower without a deep strong foundation and CQ did that and I for one am truly and deeply thankful of that !

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                  We must all agree that TM prior to CQ was a mess, both Psychologically, tactically and of course financially , not to mention huge challenges in infrastructure . Can we deny also that CQ brought immense discipline, taught professionalism and pushed our Thieving officials to build infrastructure!?? He was the very few if not the ONLY head coach that truly loved Iran, Iranians and Iranian footballers, he instilled a sense of patriotism, never die attitude and taught IFF how to professionally run a federation, he also laid a strategic long term plan that according to him will continue the path to building a strong senior team so in Summary he built the very foundaton that today a decent coach like Skocic can draw upon! You cannot build a high rise tower without a deep strong foundation and CQ did that and I for one am truly and deeply thankful of that !
                  Most definitely. In addition to what you stated, the impact he had on our players to challange themselves and try to aim for better professional leagues other than our own domestic league or other Persian Gulf leagues. I know prior to CQ we had players playing in European leagues, but the numbers definitely jumped after CQ and the back to back WC appearances.

Comment

Carlos’ genuine love and pride for Iran was so admirable. He made sure each player knew the weight of the jersey they were putting on, and made the team believe they could beat any team. We had the strongest defense I’ve ever seen TM have, and instilled a professional mindset in our players. I wish our federation had treated him better, he gave his all for 8 years.

Wish you the best coach, and hope you do great in Egypt. We miss you!
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

The main job CQ did was to change the players mentality, to join even the 2nd rated European leagues instead of playing in Iran or Asia, then you have a good chance to earn your TM spot. Previous to that players didn't have this mentality.

Comment

With CQ Egypt will qualify. We should be HAPPY to see CQ in Qatar.

CQ did good things for us one of which was exposing corruption at IFF. He ranked us first in Asia for many years.
                        The last game with Japan in Asian cup was embarrassing to say the least.
                        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Carlos and Egypt is a perfect fit.
                          They also have a very fiery media and incompetent FA, so there will be lots of drama and fights for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Carlos and Egypt is a perfect fit.
                            They also have a very fiery media and incompetent FA, so there will be lots of drama and fights for him.
                            Mo Salah CQ dynamic should be interesting. Didn't go well with Ronaldo but perhaps he may soften up a bit more now.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
                              Nothing at all as soon as this regime is in place our football will be the same dross that has been served since i've started following it seriously (15 years).
                              No qualified coach would lose its time in this country unless they are very greedy and those are not the succesful ones.
                              Branko kept a 37 year old striker up front and CQ for two consecutives WC set us up as cowards. Nobody will remember our grinded out results and the ""we kept argentina quite for 90 minutes"" trophy.
                              Tactics like that are only praised when you win the whole trophy like Mourinho with Inter's 2010 CL.
                              Has CQ won a trophy being years with the best team in Asia ? no AC not even a semifinal and didn't advance in the WC groups.
                              Yet his praisers will tell "we qualified for two succesive WC !!!" , yeah thankfully when you got such players and being placed in a final qualifying round with two spots making it out of five and even the third gets to playoff....
                              World isn't black or white, its not about Pro CQ and Pro Branko, they are both decent for iranian standards if not bad coaches. CQ got exposed with Portugal, Real Madrid and now Colombia. I would tell you that he did with Iran too but IMHO a tendency in Iranians is that they are more run by emotions than reason, me included. CQ views is purely based by affect, if you judge the quality of play and the results he got and you can t tell me it's enough then I think we don't judge by the same barometer. Branko got champion with the best squad in the country, and even Afshin Ghotbi was lauded as IMPERATOOR by not so bright perspolis fans.
                              Our football is rotten with corruption as the whole state, and our professional league's level of football, coaching, managers is amateurish as hell.
                              Realisticaly i do not except anything, even quality of players has dropped. The only iranian player who would make it for a top club is Sardar, but imo is mentality seems really weird and i'm not the only one who's seen it.
                              When we got a governement whose priority is not the coming of an hidden arabian imam who's stuck in a paralel world, then we could maybe see a football restructuration and professionalims at league level and nojavanan teams and coaches formation. Whole iranian socieity is rotten, if you see a lot of players going to obscure european leagues i think they just want to leave Iran ASAP. Just my thoughts i'm not saying i'm right.
                              LOL you're mentioning how Iranians don't use logic but emotion instead, when forming opinions, yet you just said here that "Carlos queiroz set us up to play like cowards".

That's emotional thinking, since you disregard the clear, logical FACT that we got better results with his tactics both during qualifiers, and during the world cup.

You're also pointing to our inability to win Asian cup with him but again, ignoring the facts : we got a bs red card vs Iraq in 2015 and still managed to come from behind twice with 10 men, and barely lost on penalties. How can any coach in the world change that result???

2019 - we were on par with Japan and even had the best scoring chance in the match (azmoun right in front of goalie didn't score) until one of our defenders stopped running because the idiot THOUGHT the play was stopped when it wasn't. Again, can you tell me how this is the fault of a coach???

These things Happen in tournaments and that's why you can't just blindly look at the end result and automatically assume : CARLOS QUEIROZ IS NOT ANY BETTER / NOT MUCH BETTER THAN BRANKO... Makes zero logical sense.

You have to look at the reality of the events that took place, leading to the results.

Don't just look at the results and keep your eyes closed for everything else.

Comment

Jaleb mishe did che teami CQ mitone az Mesr besaaze.
                                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Working...
                                X