Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ qualified us to back to back world cup appearances—no other coach has EVER done that for TM!

Gave us our highest WC point total EVER. Gave us memorable performances against Argentina, Portugal, and Spain.

Brought players like Dejagah, Gucci, and Ghoddos to TM. Made us a defensively stout team—our weakness for many years.

I agree it was time to move on, but the man will always be a coaching legend in my book.

Comment

Even if CQ was making more in Iran, it should have been that way. Iran was a team that played in Asia and for any top-notch coach to come and coach our team (with a resume like his) would have been expensive anyway. I wouldn't say he was robbing us, but agreements are set in place by two parties, and if a decision is made that becomes the contract. You can argue that the people who came into such terms gave away the money, but we cannot say that we were robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        thats why I say hater specifically. Different opinion is you dont like CQ for technical reasons, personality reasons, fine. Everybody can have different opinion and we can discuss as we are doing here.

Hating is when you start to make argument somehow the guy was a thief! At that point you are saying something that is just not aligned with reality and are just slandering because you dislike him.
        No where did I call him a thief. If anything g I blamed IFF for overpaying for the results obtained. You can slander and label me all you want like others have in this thread. However, when we can remove the emotion from it we all said the same with China and Mulitonovic back in the day. He signed a contract and deserves to get his contract honored. Did we overpay...certainly did. I'm not sure a sanctioned strapped federation like IFF got its end of the bargain from CQ over 8 years. The first 4 were great but our style of play never evolved. Back to back WC with lowest possession and even less goal scoring chances. Ac as favourites to win and to get embarrassed thoroughly. Again IFF overpaid, Made a bad deal...CQ stole from no one.

And he isn't a saint guys. He can make errors...just look at all the staff that he offended with and bailed on TM. He is known to be rigid in coaching style and reluctant to change game plans. Many of these folks he fired or walked out on TM were close personal appointees of his own.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

CONMEBOL is a different cake than AFC. You need to produce results very fast otherwise you will be sacked.

Chances of Queiroz coming back to Iran? Pretty much zero if you ask me.

My bet would be that he'll take over the vacant UAE national team job. Other possibility could be to find a CAF side that is serious about qualifying for Qatar 2022.

I don't see him coaching a club. The daily work with a team is fatiguing and the pressure to deliver results week in and out is probably too much for him at his age.
          After all I think it's just not in his plans. Qualfying for the 5th time with a national team for the World Cup is his main ambition I guess.

Comment

Park the bus 'CQ' . remember last AC bottlejob, and playing 11 behind the ball whenever we got a decent opponent. Got exposed in south america and with bigger teams before.

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
              Park the bus 'CQ' . remember last AC bottlejob, and playing 11 behind the ball whenever we got a decent opponent. Got exposed in south america and with bigger teams before.
              Persepolis fans in Iran salty that Branko isnt worshipped the way CQ respected.

Branko bottles it to Japan too.

Branko joins our sworn enemies Saudi Arabia.

Branko flunks out.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                Persepolis fans in Iran salty that Branko isnt worshipped the way CQ respected.
                Branko bottles it to Japan too.
                Branko joins our sworn enemies Saudi Arabia.
                Branko flunks out.
                *** edited*** branco too mate. These "coaches" were not good enough for an Asian powerhouse. Barely had the choice though : who would like to work in a country run by crazy deluded feckers like we got

Use clean language here too mate
                Warning no. 2 today.
                Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 12-07-2020, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
                  *** edited*** branko too mate. These "coaches" were not good enough for an Asian powerhouse. Barely had the choice though : who would like to work in a country run by crazy deluded feckers like we got
                  Ok, so you didn't like Iran's performance in the world cup.

Given your last sentence, realistically, what are you expecting or desiring?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 12-07-2020, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                    Ok, so you didn't like Iran's performance in the world cup.

Given your last sentence, realistically, what are you expecting or desiring?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
                    Nothing at all as soon as this regime is in place our football will be the same dross that has been served since i've started following it seriously (15 years).

No qualified coach would lose its time in this country unless they are very greedy and those are not the succesful ones.

Branko kept a 37 year old striker up front and CQ for two consecutives WC set us up as cowards. Nobody will remember our grinded out results and the ""we kept argentina quite for 90 minutes"" trophy.

Tactics like that are only praised when you win the whole trophy like Mourinho with Inter's 2010 CL.

Has CQ won a trophy being years with the best team in Asia ? no AC not even a semifinal and didn't advance in the WC groups.
                    Yet his praisers will tell "we qualified for two succesive WC !!!" , yeah thankfully when you got such players and being placed in a final qualifying round with two spots making it out of five and even the third gets to playoff....

World isn't black or white, its not about Pro CQ and Pro Branko, they are both decent for iranian standards if not bad coaches. CQ got exposed with Portugal, Real Madrid and now Colombia. I would tell you that he did with Iran too but IMHO a tendency in Iranians is that they are more run by emotions than reason, me included. CQ views is purely based by affect, if you judge the quality of play and the results he got and you can t tell me it's enough then I think we don't judge by the same barometer. Branko got champion with the best squad in the country, and even Afshin Ghotbi was lauded as IMPERATOOR by not so bright perspolis fans.

Our football is rotten with corruption as the whole state, and our professional league's level of football, coaching, managers is amateurish as hell.

Realisticaly i do not except anything, even quality of players has dropped. The only iranian player who would make it for a top club is Sardar, but imo is mentality seems really weird and i'm not the only one who's seen it.

When we got a governement whose priority is not the coming of an hidden arabian imam who's stuck in a paralel world, then we could maybe see a football restructuration and professionalims at league level and nojavanan teams and coaches formation. Whole iranian socieity is rotten, if you see a lot of players going to obscure european leagues i think they just want to leave Iran ASAP. Just my thoughts i'm not saying i'm right.

Comment

what a expectations by some

Team Melli inder I.R. Occupation cannot deliver more than it does atm , it can excell with a passionate coach like CQ. But then again, according to some here, CQ didn't do anything special.
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

The main difference between CQ fans and those who are not is that his fans believe we are a much worst football team while those of us who are not fans believe our level is higher. A fair question would be did you always feel this way about our football or are you lowering yourselves to justify a lack of any substantial results for 8 years. The difference between champions and non champions is expectation and ambition. Looks like he succeeded in the area of lowering our expectation and ambition. He was poison. We are expected to qualify out of a group of 4 Asian minnows (2014) and 5 (2018) with two spots that qualify and only one other Asian power in our group. Nothing extraordinary there.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                          The main difference between CQ fans and those who are not is that his fans believe we are a much worst football team while those of us who are not fans believe our level is higher. A fair question would be did you always feel this way about our football or are you lowering yourselves to justify a lack of any substantial results for 8 years. The difference between champions and non champions is expectation and ambition. Looks like he succeeded in the area of lowering our expectation and ambition. He was poison. We are expected to qualify out of a group of 4 Asian minnows (2014) and 5 (2018) with two spots that qualify and only one other Asian power in our group. Nothing extraordinary there.
                          Your post contained the numbers 1, 2, 4, 5 and 8.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                            what a expectations by some

Team Melli inder I.R. Occupation cannot deliver more than it does atm , it can excell with a passionate coach like CQ. But then again, according to some here, CQ didn't do anything special.
                            A war-torn, occupied Iraq managed to win in 2007... I wouldn’t even consider reaching a final to be anything special.

Based on our performances in the WC, most people here were expecting TM to reach the final or win.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                              He was poison..
                              I hope you never have to experience pain in life, such that you call this man (who you trumpeted, not least from a future-building perspective, even in the 7th year of his 8 years, and in multiple posts on this forum, which I am happy to dig out again if you want) as "poison".

Comment

My question for those who are against the tactics that CQ played in the World Cup. How would you have played it? What do you think he should have done differently?

Do you think we would have done better if we played more all out attack against Portugal and Spain? Would you have been happier if we played attacking and got smashed 5-0 by each team?

Would your opinion have changed if Taremi scored the winner against Portugal? Don’t you think a draw against the European Champions in a World Cup is a great result?

Just looking at the World Cup 2018 specifically here.

Comment

Working...
                                X