Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the hope is back thanks to CQ, we eaven have a mini AliKarimi kicking ass in Al-something and hopefully in a few years will go to europe.
    Ghaedi just needs to let his hair grow Karimi-style and everything will be fine!
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
      Lollll you can't possibly believe this. Come on
      Ofcourse i do. Legacy means that Queiroz has invented or implemented a strategy, style, system that will be played by TM for generations. What Johan Cruijff did for Barcelona and Ajax is what you can call a legacy. But as you can see Skocic plays a very different strategy and has a different style from Queiroz so what is this legacy you guys are talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
        Ofcourse i do. Legacy means that Queiroz has invented or implemented a strategy, style, system that will be played by TM for generations. What Johan Cruijff did for Barcelona and Ajax is what you can call a legacy. But as you can see Skocic plays a very different strategy and has a different style from Queiroz so what is this legacy you guys are talking about?
        Sepehr jaan, I’m one of your biggest fans on here, but I gotta disagree with you on this. Legacies are not only defined by playing styles. CQ’s contributions still reverberate in our TM, despite Dragan’s different style. CQ brought a new sense of worth and belief in our boys that I have not seen a coach do before or since. You only have to listen to player interviews after the WC to know how psychologically important this new sense of self worth was to our players. This still continues today. Mehdi specifically mentioned CQ as the reason he came to Liga Nos (and now he’s scoring wonder goals against Chelsea and almost Athletico). This sense of pride and accomplishment will surely inspire future TM players who are now coming up the ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          Sepehr jaan, I’m one of your biggest fans on here, but I gotta disagree with you on this. Legacies are not only defined by playing styles. CQ’s contributions still reverberate in our TM, despite Dragan’s different style. CQ brought a new sense of worth and belief in our boys that I have not seen a coach do before or since. You only have to listen to player interviews after the WC to know how psychologically important this new sense of self worth was to our players. This still continues today. Mehdi specifically mentioned CQ as the reason he came to Liga Nos (and now he’s scoring wonder goals against Chelsea and almost Athletico). This sense of pride and accomplishment will surely inspire future TM players who are now coming up the ranks.
          You have legacy and memory confused. Legacy is what Team Melli did in Australia and inspired generations of fans and footballers....the team that sent us to the WC in 98 left a legacy of never giving up. CQ left memories. I mean the games you mention resulted in what? Asian cup embarrassment? Positive legacies need positive outcomes. And no a coach cannot leave a player behind as a legacy or else the guys who coached Kia, Daei, Bagheri, Azizi and VA VA VA left a great legacy too...and some of those bum coaches who lead those teams can't even spell legacy lol

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Yeah, the side who scraped past a bunch of cricketers and surfers to qualify for the WC left a legacy. The side that qualified for back-to-back world cups like it's nothing and made their best performance in an AFC Asian Cup for 43 years made to seem like a gross underperformance is the side that failed to achieve anything :********)

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              You have legacy and memory confused. Legacy is what Team Melli did in Australia and inspired generations of fans and footballers....the team that sent us to the WC in 98 left a legacy of never giving up. CQ left memories. I mean the games you mention resulted in what? Asian cup embarrassment? Positive legacies need positive outcomes. And no a coach cannot leave a player behind as a legacy or else the guys who coached Kia, Daei, Bagheri, Azizi and VA VA VA left a great legacy too...and some of those bum coaches who lead those teams can't even spell legacy lol

Legacy: something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past.

The team we have today is based on eight years of CQ's work and that is the exact definition of legacy. A team with dicipline, unity and a level of professionalism not seen during the Haji mayeli kohan and GN days.

What the Team did in Australia is actually a memory, and not a legacy, kinda like when Gucci scored against S.Korea which sent us to the worldcup, but I guess since it happened under CQ's time, based on your definition it just simply cannot be legacy and should fall in the memory category :-)
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post

No you are the one confusing legacy and memory, as shown by your comment here.

The 98 qualification was a memory. It's not Like we decided to give up on matches before then lolll you seriously believe that??

That's a memory, not a legacy.

Carlos q for example, has instilled a new mentality of going to Europe at a Young age and improving to become the best..... Our players are still doing this till now, WAY more than ever. We can field a starting lineup of all euro based players because of what he did years ago. That's more of a lasting legacy than the memories of 1998 you speak of lol

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                  Yeah, the side who scraped past a bunch of cricketers and surfers to qualify for the WC left a legacy. The side that qualified for back-to-back world cups like it's nothing and made their best performance in an AFC Asian Cup for 43 years made to seem like a gross underperformance is the side that failed to achieve anything :********)
                  In both our WC qualifiers with CQ the only quality team we faced was S. Korea...and we faltered a bit a long the way. That 98 squad faced favorites KSA at their prime, Japan, and Aussies. Our 98 qualification paved the way for our players to go to top leagues like Bundesliga and not just play few minutes but become key players. Kia, Azizi, Bagheri, Daies staus improved...then we had players in Austria too...it also resulted in our first WC win...something CQ did not achieve at his first crack and only obtained in his second WC thanks to an own goal...ya legacy...this is all subjective anyway. We shall all agree to disagree.

One thing is for sure...CQ is not greater than TM. Some of you fans think we are doomed without him. Keep reliving your memories and enjoy them as they too shall fade! Cqs legacy is Japan 3-0...he himself even said AC was his target and that TM would be ready to go all out for it.

Comment

So much nonsense. So little susbstance.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                      So much nonsense. So little susbstance.
                      Agreed!

Comment

Closing this thread. Feel free to make a new one in the International and Olympic sports section.

Comment

Working...
                        X