This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
    Ok, so? Doesn't answer my question.. if he was Iranian I would understand. If he was working in Iran I would understand, but I don't see any reason why he should have a thread that is on the top of a Persian Forum.
    That doesn't mean I don't understand why he is respected.

Because he did A TON OF GREAT THINGS for us, and we're still seeing the rewards today.

He was a massive part of our history and gave so much to help us improve.

Clearly this is appreciated by the members who don't have some odd bias against him such as "not enjoying his defensive tactics".

The thread is here for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
      Ok, so? Doesn't answer my question.. if he was Iranian I would understand. If he was working in Iran I would understand, but I don't see any reason why he should have a thread that is on the top of a Persian Forum.

That doesn't mean I don't understand why he is respected.
      Chon az ye mosht morrabbie khaayemaale hezbollahi kheili bishtar Irani hast.
      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Head coach Portugal Carlos Queiroz
        Assistant coach Egypt Diaa El Sayed
        Assistant coach Egypt Mohamed Shawky
        Goalkeeping coach Egypt Essam El-Hadary
        Team doctor Egypt Mohamed Abu El-Ela
        Team Manager Egypt Wael Gomaa
        Team administrator Egypt Mohamed Salah El-Din

All assistants are Egyptian, i thought maybe he takes some old names with him but maybe in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
          Head coach Portugal Carlos Queiroz
          Assistant coach Egypt Diaa El Sayed
          Assistant coach Egypt Mohamed Shawky
          Goalkeeping coach Egypt Essam El-Hadary
          Team doctor Egypt Mohamed Abu El-Ela
          Team Manager Egypt Wael Gomaa
          Team administrator Egypt Mohamed Salah El-Din
          All assistants are Egyptian, i thought maybe he takes some old names with him but maybe in future.
          As aper article of his contract , he can replace any assistant if he is not satisfied.
          Unlike Iran Egyptian want and insisted on domestic assistants real one not "Abbas Ghifi " type.

Comment

How is he in terms of control? Our last two foreign managers were completely spineless and let the FA oversee things such as lack of calling up of our European players. Or the wrong player selection that you know is coming from above.

If Queiroz doesn't call up players who are performing in Europe like Marmoush over domestic ones, then he will be no different than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
              How is he in terms of control? Our last two foreign managers were completely spineless and let the FA oversee things such as lack of calling up of our European players. Or the wrong player selection that you know is coming from above.
              If Queiroz doesn't call up players who are performing in Europe like Marmoush over domestic ones, then he will be no different than the others.
              He is gonna call players that fit within his system. Off the field and against federations and media he has plenty of spine.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post

I recommend you look at reporting of some of your countrymen who are very happy with the appointment.

https://twitter.com/PharaohsXI

The discipline and control he brings to NT setups is what sets him apart. Even if you are critical of his approach there is no doubting this fact.

And he prefers all players to be playing in europe, that was something else he instilled into our national team players, he called up multiple who were born/raised/trained abroad or dual nationals that went on to be huge successes in our team (dejagah, Ghouchannejhad, Ghoddos) but did not hesitate to eliminate those who jeopardised the unity in the team (GK danial davari, beitashour).

Not that he excluded players for playing in domestic leagues, he kept very close eye on those with special advanced system of statistical monitoring that helped show which players were performing at the best level across various metrics, from there the staff,himself would scout higher placed players very in depth. With this method many new players were introduced that went on to become main players.

Would be very surprised if within the next 2 lists you dont see Marmoush + some of the other german based egyptians getting invited.

Comment

New Pharaohs boss Carlos Queiroz has appointed South African Roger De Sa as an assistant coach. The former Orlando Pirates manager was an assistant for Queiroz with Portugal at the 2010 FIFA World Cup. De Sa resigned as Cape Town All Stars coach to accept the new role with Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                    Lollll right.... So if we only played well cuz of our "gheyrat" then what happened under Wilmots? What happened under Branko when we couldn't even use our "gheyrat" to beat world cup debutants ANGOLA?

I still can't believe some people here can't use their logic to see queiroz was clearly the best coach we've ever had, by far.
                    But then what happened to the foundations Cq laid, the professionalism and defensive mindset? Oh right they were lost under the coaches after CQ until Skocics revised focus on winning by scoring goals and unity in the team...I don't agree with they gheyrat stuff nor do I think CQs foundations were really as solid as some think.

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                    I think it's because he's a national hero and directly responsible for the majority of good associated with this current TM. Hope that helps.
                    Like comments like this...based on what? If he left any legacy after the Japan game one could argue it was washed away with Wilmots...although the Japan game was a culmination of 8 years...hype no results.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

^no no, you don't understand. It was all part of the masterplan. Wilmots was also part of it

Comment

I wonder what is this system and what exactly are these foundations Queiroz build for us? When right after he left TM was almost eliminated in the second round qualifiers until Skocic saved us. Some foundation, Carlos was a result oriented coach and did not deliver considering the fact that he had one of the best squads in Asia. Skocic plays a different game with creative players and attacking football, there is literally no sign of Queiroz legacy in TM. Before people start mentioning which talents he discovered and such, that's also what scouts do, a coach should have way more input than that. So we can conclude that he did not play with creative players due to the risk factor, he was very conservative by playing ultra-defensive and he only had one gameplan, meaning if TM would get behind it was game over.

He was the longest serving coach in TM history but he did not leave a legacy whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                          I wonder what is this system and what exactly are these foundations Queiroz build for us? When right after he left TM was almost eliminated in the second round qualifiers until Skocic saved us. Some foundation, Carlos was a result oriented coach and did not deliver considering the fact that he had one of the best squads in Asia. Skocic plays a different game with creative players and attacking football, there is literally no sign of Queiroz legacy in TM. Before people start mentioning which talents he discovered and such, that's also what scouts do, a coach should have way more input than that. So we can conclude that he did not play with creative players due to the risk factor, he was very conservative by playing ultra-defensive and he only had one gameplan, meaning if TM would get behind it was game over.
                          He was the longest serving coach in TM history but he did not leave a legacy whatsoever.
                          Lollll you can't possibly believe this. Come on

Comment

I hope for their sake they don't but I fear this is more than a prolonged wind-up.

Comment

Have been a devoted TM follower for 40 odd years. CQ has been the best coach Iran has had during my time bar none. I do have some criticisms and unmet expectations but really one has to be completely blind or very unfamiliar with TM not to see the many improvements he brought to our football. We played the former world and current European champions in the last WC and came to within one shot of knocking Portugal out. The players learned discipline and put aside their egos the TM. For the first time in the past 40 years we played a system of football. For the first time ever we had a solid stable defensive plan. For the first time our players ran to international standards. We stopped losing to shitty Asian teams. Our players were pushed out onto the international stage. We had a fitness/recovery training center in Iran. And he started with a team of nobodies and eventually built a team that developed into minor international stars.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                                Have been a devoted TM follower for 40 odd years. CQ has been the best coach Iran has had during my time bar none. I do have some criticisms and unmet expectations but really one has to be completely blind or very unfamiliar with TM not to see the many improvements he brought to our football. We played the former world and current European champions in the last WC and came to within one shot of knocking Portugal out. The players learned discipline and put aside their egos the TM. For the first time in the past 40 years we played a system of football. For the first time ever we had a solid stable defensive plan. For the first time our players ran to international standards. We stopped losing to shitty Asian teams. Our players were pushed out onto the international stage. We had a fitness/recovery training center in Iran. And he started with a team of nobodies and eventually built a team that developed into minor international stars.
                                AMEN to that.
                                This Color
                                Italy, EsEs, Chelsea, Lakers

Comment

Working...
                                X