Persian Gulf Pro League 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    Absolute legend. Don't care what he has said or done up to this point, or even if his statement tonight was purely because of selfish reasons. Takes balls to do that on State TV the day after a new president is sworn in.
    ghalenoi is honestly one of the worst examples of corruption, dallal bazi, and BS in IR sports. Guy destroyed one of best TM generations, still gets shuttled around the league (ON BIG MONEY, see his son, an individual contributing 0 to the economy driving a porsche around town, while guys like Daei who nurtured countless TM stars are blacklisted from any job within the system)

And knowing Ghalenoi he will quickly retract this statement and claim he was "misinterpreted"...

Lets not make heroes out of people who have actually benefitted immensely from this shit system while others who truly put their careers, lives on the line are still nowhere to be found.

Now if he doubles down on his statements when comiteye akhlagh calls him in for questioning then we talk

Comment

GN is an a$S, but how he destroyed one of the best generation?
      Period after 2006 to 2014 was one of the worst period of our football.
      Imagine Roodbarian, Khatibi, Enayati, etc started at 2007 AC. kia, Zandi, Karimi passed their prime.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
        What a load of BS. Majidi is head and shoulders above Fekri. But i can see why you want Fekri to be our coach lol.

Esteghlalis have been complaining for the past 3 years huh? How about the period of 2011-2015 when you Perspolisis were blaiming everyone for your lack of success? This is nothing compared to that period.

Every goddamn team in the league is complaining about referees. This is a deep problem within our football culture that needs to be solved. But you singling out Esteghlal is just low-class man.

Just wait until you lose a couple of games and we will see if you’re any different.
        2011-15 we had some of the worst Persepolis squads so I wasn’t complaining then.

You are right. It’s just not Esteghlal fans who complain about refs, everyone does… but there is a limit. Sometimes you do it to get a mental edge. When you do it game after game, it becomes a joke. Complaining about referees is as old as time. Sepahan for example gets lots of questionable referee calls in their favor.

And yes, I really believe Esteghlal was better with fekri. Complaining about referees every game is what 12 year old versions of us would do. Esteghlal had far bigger issue: players aren’t being paid, chairman is incompetent, players want to leave, … these aren’t the referee’s fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          GN is an a$S, but how he destroyed one of the best generation?
          Period after 2006 to 2014 was one of the worst period of our football.
          Imagine Roodbarian, Khatibi, Enayati, etc started at 2007 AC. kia, Zandi, Karimi passed their prime.

Nothing was as bad as 80s and early 90s where in some cases we couldn’t even make it to the final round of WCQs.

You’re actually saying zandi, karimi, kia, Hashemian all who had many years left in their careers in 2007 plus kaebi who had just joined leicster, nekounam (in his prime), ando (in his prime), plus young seyed jalal and all that talent on the bench like mobali, kazemian, etc. wasn’t wasted by tying China, killing ourselves to barely beat uzbeks and then lose to SK in the first round?????

GN is a horrible, horrible coach who gets exposed any single time he leaves Iran he can’t even do well in micky mouse AFC.

Don’t even get me started on how he wasted one of the best ever assembled Iranian teams in the ACL with Sepahan in 2010…..that crime was as bad as his pathetic performance in 2007….
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            2011-15 we had some of the worst Persepolis squads so I wasn’t complaining then.

You are right. It’s just not Esteghlal fans who complain about refs, everyone does… but there is a limit. Sometimes you do it to get a mental edge. When you do it game after game, it becomes a joke. Complaining about referees is as old as time. Sepahan for example gets lots of questionable referee calls in their favor.

And yes, I really believe Esteghlal was better with fekri. Complaining about referees every game is what 12 year old versions of us would do. Esteghlal had far bigger issue: players aren’t being paid, chairman is incompetent, players want to leave, … these aren’t the referee’s fault.
            Well maybe you weren’t complaining, but alot of fans were.

If you are looking for the teams that complain most about referees, Esteghlal isn’t at the top. Foolad, Saipa, Gol-Gohar are the teams who complain the most. We’re somewhere in the middle( same as you guys).

In which way exactly was Esteghlal better with Fekri? Under Fekri we played with zero tactics. He had lost all respect from the players. He complained about everything to cover for his shortcomings. Had we replaced him sooner, we could have won the league.
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Well maybe you weren’t complaining, but alot of fans were.

If you are looking for the teams that complain most about referees, Esteghlal isn’t at the top. Foolad, Saipa, Gol-Gohar are the teams who complain the most. We’re somewhere in the middle( same as you guys).

In which way exactly was Esteghlal better with Fekri? Under Fekri we played with zero tactics. He had lost all respect from the players. He complained about everything to cover for his shortcomings. Had we replaced him sooner, we could have won the league.
              Why IPL doesn't add suspension and fines to all coach/players than complain?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                Why IPL doesn't add suspension and fines to all coach/players than complain?
                Good question. It would be a wise move. We need to show referees more respect.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Good question. It would be a wise move. We need to show referees more respect.
                  It is what happens in UEFA and European leagues

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    Nothing was as bad as 80s and early 90s where in some cases we couldn’t even make it to the final round of WCQs.

You’re actually saying zandi, karimi, kia, Hashemian all who had many years left in their careers in 2007 plus kaebi who had just joined leicster, nekounam (in his prime), ando (in his prime), plus young seyed jalal and all that talent on the bench like mobali, kazemian, etc. wasn’t wasted by tying China, killing ourselves to barely beat uzbeks and then lose to SK in the first round?????

GN is a horrible, horrible coach who gets exposed any single time he leaves Iran he can’t even do well in micky mouse AFC.

Don’t even get me started on how he wasted one of the best ever assembled Iranian teams in the ACL with Sepahan in 2010…..that crime was as bad as his pathetic performance in 2007….
                    Kia, Zandi, Hashemian had many years left? They were all over 30, and Zandi was around 30 in 2007. All 3 retired in 2009
                    They were almost at the end of career.. And weren't the shadow of themselves
                    Regarding to Karimi, after his injury in 2nd year at Bayern he never became the old Karim, left Bayern and joined Arabs.
                    You can call all you want, yes IPL sucks, so does GN but he has been one of the best local coaches base on stats, you can not take that away from him.

Comment

Kia, Zandi, Hashemian had many years left? They were all over 30, and Zandi was around 30 in 2007. All 3 retired in 2009
                      Regarding to Karimi, after his injury in 2nd year at Bayern he never became the old Karim, left Bayern and joined Arabs.
                      You can call all you want, yes IPL sucks, so does GN but he has been one of the best local coaches base on stats, you can not take that away from him.

Zandi was 28 in 2007…..that’s literally peak football years. He was not as dominant as he was in 2005 sure but he was by no means a player past his prime.

Mahdavikia was still a bundesliga caliber player at the age of 30. Again also not at a time where he was on a major decline. He was coming off his last season with HSV.

Again no need to overcomplicate it…..fact is that team was not worthy of drawing China, struggling to beat Uzbeks and losing to SK in the knock out stage. That team was 1000% wasted by a piss poor coach who again, flips any single time he has left Iran as a coach.

Not debating he doesn’t have a good record in PGPL, numbers are numbers and facts are facts. He has a good record in Iran….but plz tell me….ma cheghad badbakhtim ke yeki mesle ghalenoei mitoone recorde khoobi dashte bashe? That speak volumes about the quality of our league and footy. The man simply sucks as a coach, period.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

The 2007 team sucked big time in level of talent.
                        Enayati, khatibi, roodbarian, and the old vets.
                        With or without GN result would have been the same.
                        Even Branko failed at 2006. With almost the same squad as AC was 6 months after.
                        The squad was old and passed their prime and overrated.
                        Anyway..

Comment

Also a city of 300k population almost made it to ACL and Hazfi final as the ref robbed their semi vs Esteghlal.
                          They said he always take over contenders, well he took Zob, and now Gol Gohar and did Ok. He is better than most of IPL coaches except 3-4 maybe.
                          We are talking about Iran, not Portugal, Germany or Italy where they produce decent coach every day.

In last 5 years and even many consider him being done:
                          16-17, Hazfi final with Tractor
                          17-18, 2nd with Zob
                          18-19, 2nd with Sepahan
                          19-20, 2nd with Tractor
                          20-21, 5th with gol gohar and Hazfi semi

Comment

The first penalty of Esteghlal vs Gol gohar was no way a P. K.. GN har chi dahanesh bod be federation o regim goft.:40 sale to in mamlekat zolme...
                            I think he will not get the free pass this time as it was on national TV.

He has been suspended for 3 months.
                            https://www.tarafdari.com/node/1974228

Comment

GN had a top selection of players by Asian standards and the reason TM didn't do well in 2007 was mostly because GN is a horrible coach. Instead of Khatibi and Enayati he should have called up Farhad Majidi and Ali Samereh, and i recall GN playing Khatibi and Enayati as wingers lol. Point is that that the man is not suited for International football, no matter on which level, i even prefer young promising coaches for bottom ranked PGPL clubs.

Comment

The 2007 team sucked big time in level of talent.
                                Enayati, khatibi, roodbarian, and the old vets.
                                With or without GN result would have been the same.
                                Even Branko failed at 2006. With almost the same squad as AC was 6 months after.
                                The squad was old and passed their prime and overrated.
                                Anyway..
                                Nekounam, Teymourian, Hashemian, Ali Karimi, Zandi, Rezaei, Mahdavikia, Majidi, Shojaei, Mobali, Kazemian, Jalal Hosseini etc sucked? We are talking about Asia, with such a player squad any semi decent coach would have won the Asian cup. The guy should have never been allowed to come anywhere near TM.

Branko failed at the world cup (much higher level than the Asian cup) because of infighting and the toxic atmosphere within the squad. Ali Daei vs Mahdavikia and Karimi, Hashemian being pissed because of 37 year Ali Daei's 90 minutes every game etc. It was not because of the talent level. Granted Branko could not manage the situation, he should have never played Ali Daei at the world cup as he was too old and slow which caused alot of frustration. Compare it to the Asian Cup of 2004 where TM should have won the tournament hadn't it been for China's cheating. So the comparison is incorrect.

Branko is Jurgen Klopp compared to Ghalenoei lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X